Aug 31st, 2004, 07:29 PM
what a great news !!!

6.1 6.2 great score Mary

did someone watch the match???

come on Mary

:angel: :angel: :angel:

saby
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:30 PM
Pierce (http://www.usopen.org/en_US/bios/ws/wtap142.html)(FRA)Loit (http://www.usopen.org/en_US/bios/ws/wtal277.html)(FRA) 1st Serve %28 of 41 = 68 %23 of 46 = 50 % Aces02 Double Faults04 Unforced Errors714 Winning % on 1st Serve24 of 28 = 86 %13 of 23 = 57 % Winning % on 2nd Serve8 of 13 = 62 %10 of 19 = 43 % Winners (Including Service)249 Receiving Points Won27 of 50 = 54 %9 of 41 = 22 % Break Point Conversions4 of 5 = 80 %0 of 0 = % Net Approaches14 of 19 = 74 %6 of 8 = 75 % Total Points Won5932 Fastest Serve111 MPH100 MPH Average 1st Serve Speed99 MPH91 MPH Average 2nd Serve Speed81 MPH74 MPH

not that bad !!!

MissTennisFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:33 PM
Well done, Mary! :wavey:

:bounce: Best of luck for the next round! :bounce:

Declan
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:43 PM
I just saw the last few games on Eurosport, and the last time I've seen Mary play so convincingly was against Vento-Kabchi in Toronto last summer! She was awesome, and barely put a foot wrong. She was serving really well, and Jo Durie said she'd been serving and volleying well all match. She really meant business today, and was in one of those moods when she she's really focussed and nothing can distract her -she hit one fantastic smash that the commentators said she'd have really messed up on an 'off' day! It was a really impressive match for Mary -and all the more sweet given her history with her opponent!

amnesiac
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:47 PM
great play mary :bounce:
wow what a statistic :eek:
good look in the next round :kiss:

remyremy
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:58 PM
:confused: Est-ce que quelqu'un sait si le match sera retransmis cette nuit sur eurosport france??? :confused:

bennywu
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:59 PM
Her fastest serve speed is 111MPH--wow. And only 7 unforced errors. It seems that Mary is in good form now!!

ali
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:58 PM
I saw the match and Mary was in awesome form. She won the first 10 points and never really looked back. She was serving really well, returning well, her groundstrokes were on and her net play was great!! She looked in control for the whole match and Emilie wasn't able to do anything at all.

She had that "look" about her today too - totally confident and in control. The commentators were saying that she hits the ball harder than almost anyone else and Emilie just didn't know what to do about the power. They were saying, as we know, that you never know what Mary is going to play like but if she keeps up this form people will want to avoid playing her :)

One thing that always amuses me/annoys me at times is the way the commentators talk about her attitude on the court. They were saying that she can come across as arrogant when she struts around and that she can be haughty and disdainful of her opponents. I think that's one of the things I love about her, but they never mention that she's one of the most popular players off court - they almost suggest that she isn't liked because of her attitiude.

Anyway, despite (or because of) that, she played fantastically well and really put Emilie in her place! Bring on the next match :D

saby
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:42 PM
One thing that always amuses me/annoys me at times is the way the commentators talk about her attitude on the court. They were saying that she can come across as arrogant when she struts around and that she can be haughty and disdainful of her opponents. I think that's one of the things I love about her, but they never mention that she's one of the most popular players off court - they almost suggest that she isn't liked because of her attitiude.
I don't agree with that !!!
WHO SAID THAT :fiery: ARROGANT HAUGHTY DISDAINFUL ???? WHO DARED...

my answer is :
2002 SANEX AWARD FAVOURITE PLAYER ...
more than 60 000 VOTES !!!

:ras: :ras: :ras:

MissTennisFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:18 PM
I think Mary is so misunderstood sometimes, on the contrary I believe she's very respectful of her opponents, she just tends to carry herself in a confident way on the court, but that should really not be construed as arrogance...

MissTennisFan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:20 PM
Remy une partie du match est passée tout à l'heure sur EuroSport France, mais je ne sais pas s'il sera rediffusé ce soir...

Declan
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:27 PM
It was Jo Durie who said Mary looks at her opponents with 'an almost haughty disdain', but I got the impression she was just commenting on Mary's regal manner and not being literal.

ali
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:52 PM
I think Mary is so misunderstood sometimes, on the contrary I believe she's very respectful of her opponents, she just tends to carry herself in a confident way on the court, but that should really not be construed as arrogance...
I agree. The way she carries herself is with total confidence and I always find it great to watch. The europsort commentators do mention it a lot though, sometimes in a negative way.

The other thing that Jo Durie said (and this did annoy me!) was that she tends to think Mary likes to look good on the court, goes for spectacular shots but doesn't want to run round too much (implying that it will ruin her appearance :rolleyes: ). This is all such old news, I remember reading a very sexist and quite offensive article saying similar things in a newspaper a few years ago. Unfortunately this is the image that Mary has and for some reason the commentators always like to mention it :mad:

Anyway, all of Mary's mannerisms and characteristics on the court are part of her charm for me!

Mark Spruce
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:25 PM
I am up in Scotland, and have my new laptop up and running.

I am so pleased for the result.

Well done Mary

regards

Mark

p.s About the comment THAT PERSON NEEDS TO BE TOLD SOME WORDS BY US

Andy.
Aug 31st, 2004, 11:27 PM
well done with a terrific result Mary show the field your still one to be recond with. Good Luck in the next round.

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:25 AM
Mary played a good match, but Loit is not a really dangerous opponent ... she's playing like my grand mother since her lost against Golovin :rolleyes: ...

Well done Mary :hearts:

Hmm, about the commentators, i have to say they are right : Mary has an attitude of princess on the court, and that's why she's so charismatic !
She's a Queen by this attitude ! BUT, we know that she's not at all arrogant ! It's "her way of being" :hearts:
And of course that's why we love her !

But when you don't know her, when u don't understand her, u think that she's arrogant ... it's like that ! The biggest problem is that the commentators should be able to say "Mary looks like an arrogant player, but she's not ! She's so nice, and hasn't got problem with other players ! She's probably the most respectful player !" but they never say that :fiery: Probably because they ignore all about the player's relationship ... :rolleyes:

Special Thanks to the girl whom i don't know the pseudo :lol: :angel: ;)

LafandeMary
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:39 AM
Special Thanks to the girl whom i don't know the pseudo :lol: :angel: ;)

That's me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I totaly agree with you Wizzy :angel:

dlogana
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:31 AM
I am a huge Mary fan... and hope she has a crack at knocking Maria Sharapova out of the Open in primetime...under the lights. Anyway... I had a question for whoever can anwser it:

What is the history between Mary and Loit metioned earlier in the post? Does Loit not like Mary for some reason?

Thanks... and GOOD LUCK Mary!!!!

Edman
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:56 AM
Mary is so impressive since Olympic Games.
I'm so glad to see her good form.
Although she can't face any relative weak player in her draw,her opponents are not that strong before the 4th round.
She can surely beat Maria Sharapova,right??
The most important is that I rarely see her to make too much unforced errors in her matches now,and give her best in every matches.Thus, even if she loses,I do happy because of her performance.
Keep fighting,Mary.
I'm sure you can have a better result than last year!!

Declan
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:38 AM
Loit was against Mary joining the French Fed Cup team, wasn't she? Didn't she say 'We don't need her'? Hmm, yes, Emelie -Mary is the common link between the two French Fed Cup WINS!!!

ali
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:32 AM
It was Jo Durie who said Mary looks at her opponents with 'an almost haughty disdain', but I got the impression she was just commenting on Mary's regal manner and not being literal.
I think you're probably right, but what anoys me is that the British commentators always go on about it! They also get their facts very wrong and it makes me so mad! The male commentator (can't remember who it was) said that Mary looked out of shape at this years Australian Open (:confused: she didn't play :rolleyes: ), looked poor at the Paris indoors (where she reaced the final :rolleyes: ) but then picked up her level of play after that (hmmm - some very poor results if I remember correctly!).

Anyway, one nice thing they did say is that she is still one of the superstars of womens tennis and is enjoying playing again, looking more relaxed and happy than she has done for years. They reckon she has still got another couple of years left on tour :)

ali
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:36 AM
Loit was against Mary joining the French Fed Cup team, wasn't she? Didn't she say 'We don't need her'? Hmm, yes, Emelie -Mary is the common link between the two French Fed Cup WINS!!!
Loit was quite outspoken about Mary joining the Fed Cup team again. I think she wanted the second singles spot for herself. Didn't she also say some negative things about Tatiana Golovin after Birmingham? And then chose not to go to the Olympics (again I think it was because she would only be playing doubles :confused: ).

Saying that, Mary and Emilie kissed at the net after yesterdays match and seem to get on okay now. Although I'm sure part of Emilie's bad play yesterday was because she wanted desperately to play well and was nervous.

Nicoleke
Sep 1st, 2004, 12:23 PM
Loit was quite outspoken about Mary joining the Fed Cup team again. I think she wanted the second singles spot for herself. Didn't she also say some negative things about Tatiana Golovin after Birmingham? And then chose not to go to the Olympics (again I think it was because she would only be playing doubles :confused: ).

Saying that, Mary and Emilie kissed at the net after yesterdays match and seem to get on okay now. Although I'm sure part of Emilie's bad play yesterday was because she wanted desperately to play well and was nervous.
Emilie Loit is indeed une langue de pute lol !!!!!

Yay Mary PIERCE :bounce: !!!!!

I'm sure it will be a great great US Open for her !!!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:55 PM
C'est vrai que Loit est "une langue de pute", toujours la première à critiquer, mais au fond elle ne doit pas être bien méchante :angel:

Mark Spruce
Sep 1st, 2004, 10:49 PM
Well said DECLAN.

take care

Mark

jessie Nai
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:58 AM
C'est vrai que Loit est "une langue de pute", toujours la première à critiquer, mais au fond elle ne doit pas être bien méchante :angel:Mary isn't only a tennis player.

She's the most charismatic player ever seen, she's expressive, kind, nice, her dresses are the most originals and beautiful ...

Actually, she's a Queen.

I agree!
Mary is the best! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Hi Jessie,

Well said.

regards

Mark

Nicoleke
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
C'est vrai que Loit est "une langue de pute", toujours la première à critiquer, mais au fond elle ne doit pas être bien méchante :angel:
100 % d'accord. C'est effectivement la première à critiquer, peut - être comme chancune d' entre nous après tout lol !!!!!

saby
Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Maybe some of you read the paper "l'équipe" after Mary's victory against Emilie. During the interview Mary said it was hard to play against a friend and a fed cup team mate that is why she didn't looked Emilie and the score very often.
The match wasn't easy for both player even if the score don't reflect it.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

ali
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Thanks Saby. Good to know that they've become friends after the Fed Cup storm last year. I'm sure we as fans made more of a deal about it than the two of them!

Mark Spruce
Sep 3rd, 2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks Saby,

I am glad that they are on good terms again.

Mark