PDA

View Full Version : Smashnova Unbeatable!!!!1

Nimi
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:57 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSS! IW QT!!!!!!!!!1 by far her most fantastic year on the tour... i smell braeking the top 40.... maybe even her carrer high 36!!!! i saw her against Shaugensy she could **** up anybody today..... GRAET WIN!!!!!1 btw it was 4-6 6-3 6-1:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

brunof
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Yes, Anna has really had a strong start to the 2002 year. Already 2 titles. Hopefully she can keep it going. It's good to see a petite player take on a big babe and win. Tough break for Meghann however.

BTW, does anyone know who has the most titles to date? She has to be up there.

Vanity
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:40 PM
I was checking the scores during my lunch break and when I had to leave, Meghann was up 5-1 in the first. I was delighted to come back and see Anna had won! She seemed to have trailed off a bit after winning those two titles, going out in the first round of her next two events, but here she has began another upward trend. Since Amanda Coetzer seems to be near the end of her career, maybe Smashy will take her place as the premier shorty in the game? :)

rightous
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Anna played so well, her BH was definely on and she gets SOOO many balls back, I really hope she keeps this going for the rest of the year and she has a great chance to go tot he finals:)

ASV
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Go ANna!

Kart
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Anna must be super-fit - she did SO much running around it was quite amazing :eek: .

Congratulations to her on her win :) - she really got to Meghann towards the end.

rated_next
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:58 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Zhao
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:02 AM
same name but different fate......when is kournikova going to live up to expectations??

Williams Rulez
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:12 AM
It is great to see her succeed... she works so hard on the court! :D :bounce:

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:49 AM
I'm happy for her :)

Hopefully Emmanuelle will beat her in the qtrs though...

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Although I was mad at her for beating AnnaK in Auckland, I must give this girl some credit!!! She is playing so well, and like Vanity said, she seems to have taken over the "best hustler/retriever" award this year so far. I've followed her results for a long time now and it's so nice to see her doing so well. Based on her H2H vs Gagliardi, you'd have to give her the edge:

1998 Roland Garros Clay (O) 64 Anna SMASHNOVA 5-7 6-0 6-1
1999 Amelia Island Clay (O) 64 Anna SMASHNOVA 7-5 6-1
2000 Berlin Clay (O) 64 Emmanuelle GAGLIARDI 6-7(4) 4-6
2000 Knokke-Heist Clay (O) 16 Anna SMASHNOVA 6-2 6-2

Anna SMASHNOVA (ISR) leads 3 : 1

She's got a nice draw, and that has helped her, but beating Meghann is tremendous. Good luck to her!!!

Dream final: Anna vs. Amanda (Amanda wins in 3 tough ones of course!!!)

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:44 AM
You have to take into account that clay is Anna's best surface. Hard is Gagliardi's best. I think that makes it pratically a toss-up.

If Emmanuelle plays with the fire she has had, I think she'll win. Smashnova did upset Shaughnessy, but that's not a rare thing these days.

Jakeev
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Are you sure about that Scotso? Anna got killed by Gala Leon-Garcia in Mexico. And her best results are on hard courts.

V.Melb
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:32 AM
No - Anna has generally been strongest on clay ---- but that was the old Anna - this Anna is kicking ass anywhere! :D

GO ANNA :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Gala is an amazing claycourter.

I'm still convinced Emmanuelle is in a groove and will beat Anna.

LucasArg
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:48 AM
It is great for Anna, she is having her best year so far:D

Now she plays Emanuelle, one of my faves:p

Anyway, Good luck both players:wavey:

imogen
Mar 12th, 2002, 07:00 AM
It's great to see Anna beating a top 20 player. She didn't do too well in Aus Open but she has a good chance here on any given day!! She is super fit, she could run for days!!! Imagine what her ranking would be if she wins this?!?! When she won auckland she went from 88 to ~67 (I think)....anyway...one match at time.

GOOD LUCK ANNA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thefreedesigner
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:36 AM
The game that Smashnova plays, even the sweet lord Jesus' patience would be tested. :o

Meghann totally kicked herself in the foot yesterday... though accompanied by some fearless and inspired match-play tactics from Anna.

Smashnova looked all done and gone against Pisnik I think, in the 3rd round so she can really hang tough. She's a warrior from the old school, with some nice backhands to back it up. I'd like to see Emanuelle come out of this one.

Mattographer
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:38 AM
GO ANNA! :bounce: I want her to make Final! :o

Monica_Rules
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:19 AM
No ofence but Megahnn played horrible after 3all in the second!It was the most boring match ever!Moonballs and it took 40 minutes to go from 3-2 to 5-3 in the second set and the tennis was not good!

Anna did well and i'm sure she'll beat Emmanuelle but Daniela or Aranxta will beat her!

Nimi
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:28 AM
if hes not sure i am, Smashnova's best surface is clay... no doubt... but the best thing is that last year she was injured & went out in the 1st round at RG, this year if she keeps her roll, she will be a seed (32 seeds), & i will smell R16 or qts!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

anyway i think she can make it to the finals!!! the biggest wins of her life!!!! top 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:
& remember were ganna see her on the tour for at least 3 years more!!!!!!:drool: