PDA

View Full Version : Ai at the US Open!

pcrtennis
Aug 30th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Ai won her match today 7-5, 6-2!

She now plays Gisela Dulko, Ai should win this match in straights but it could also be a difficult one!

Go Ai!!!

pcrtennis
Sep 1st, 2004, 10:53 PM
Ai beat Dulko 6-2, 6-4!!!! It was one fo the most confident wins she's had because she played strong from beginning to end against a very good opponent. She played very cleanly and served well. Next she plays Jelena Kostanic who took out Sprem. Ai should win against Kostanic pretty easily as Ai matches up well against that kind of style.

GO AI!!!!!!!!!!!!

A she also won her Mixed Doubles match with Kevin Ullyett!!!

GO AI!

ex hopman
Sep 3rd, 2004, 02:31 AM
yey!!

Ai's comment on the paper:

(about her loss to Dulko in April) I wasn't feeling well that time, and now I am totally different from that time. Today, I just kept playing my game, and I thought the result would come along. I have confidence to go through today.

What a strong comment!! :)

pcrtennis
Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:46 AM
Go Ai!

ex hopman
Sep 4th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Ai looks fine so far!
Go Ai! Beat Jen!!

pcrtennis
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Ai started well at 5-3 and then had a set point at 5-4 but couldn't take it. The rest of the match was filled with many unusual unforced errors for Ai. Most of the time Ai had Capriati pinned behind the baseline but couldn't finish it off. I was fairly dissapointed but she had a great tournament!

Veritas
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Ai and Elena D beat Cara and Rennae 6-2, 6-4. Well done girls! I didn't expect them to beat the no.3 seeds in straight sets! :D

They play Tammy and Leizel in the QF. I think Ai and Elena have a good chance at reaching the SF. They've played well in their earlier matches. Plus, Ai and Elena make a pretty good team - Ai's more experienced at playing at the net and Elena's got a powerful ground stroke game. Even Elena's serve so far has been quite good.

ex hopman
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:33 AM
yey!!

Ai's comment.
She really enjoys playing with Elena... she mentions Elena's strokes from the baseline are awesome! That even makes Ai play easier at the net, she said!!

but the media said... this USO is the only time they play doubles!! :(
Hope they change their mind!!

Verba
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I don't want to dissapoint you guys but Lena D might retire from the doubles with Ai because she got injured and wants, I guess, to concentrate on the singles. I don't mean that it's an officialc decision - I just mean that it's quite possible to happen.

I also enjoy watching Lena and Ai playing doubles together.

pcrtennis
Sep 9th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I don't want to dissapoint you guys but Lena D might retire from the doubles with Ai because she got injured and wants, I guess, to concentrate on the singles. I don't mean that it's an officialc decision - I just mean that it's quite possible to happen.

I also enjoy watching Lena and Ai playing doubles together.

Are you coming up with that assumption on your own or did you get it somewhere...

Verba
Sep 9th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Are you coming up with that assumption on your own or did you get it somewhere...
On my own.

ex hopman
Sep 9th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Whew, glad she played, and they won again!!
Hope they can defeat Vivi and Paola pair!! :)

I heard they seem to laugh around and enjoy the doubles match today!! :)