PDA

View Full Version : Oasis: Hindu Times

shelik
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Just heard the new Oasis song "Hindu Times" and it's absolutely cracking. It gets released on April 15 and i for one will be ushing down the shops to but it.

It's very much along the lines of "Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants" but i actually loved that album so it certainly won't put me off. Whether their new album can restore them to their past success is doubtful but this track will go a long way to restoring their rather tarnished musical reputation.

What do you think of Hindu Times???

My Rating: **** out of *****

Stan.

c0bra
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:18 PM
I got the promo last week and I was very happy with what I heard. But how can you say this song follows the direction they took with standing on the shoulder of giants? The song is very uplifting and nothing like the collection of dour tunes on their last album. (That said, the album was a grower on me and I came to like it a lot in the end. But familiar to millions was far better, the new songs came across a lot better live than in the studio.)

Noel promises more of the rock n roll that made definitely maybe and morning glory two of the better albums released in the 90s. From what I've heard so far from a couple of recent bootlegs, I cannot wait for their new album later in the year.:)

shelik
Mar 11th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by c0bra
I got the promo last week and I was very happy with what I heard. But how can you say this song follows the direction they took with standing on the shoulder of giants? The song is very uplifting and nothing like the collection of dour tunes on their last album. (That said, the album was a grower on me and I came to like it a lot in the end. But familiar to millions was far better, the new songs came across a lot better live than in the studio.)

Noel promises more of the rock n roll that made definitely maybe and morning glory two of the better albums released in the 90s. From what I've heard so far from a couple of recent bootlegs, I cannot wait for their new album later in the year.:)
Yes i agree, the song is very uplifting but it reminded me of Go Let It Out so that was where i got the comparison from. Remember, i've only heard it once so my opinion may change. SOTSOG was definately a grower on me too and after a few listens it definately hooked me. I'd LOVE to see Oasis return to the dizzy heights of Whats The Story but thats a pretty tall order.

Oasis are fantastic LIVE and that is one of the reasons Familiar To Millions sounds so incredible. Therefore, i think it's a bit unfair to compare their LIVE tracks to their studio versions. If Hindu Times is an indication of what to expect from their upcoming album then it should be well worth waiting for.

Stan.