PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the decision to give WC to 15 y.o. Ayu Fani instead of Wynne?

GoldenSlam
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:50 AM
That's not making a lot of sense to me...:confused:?

Harju.
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Because Ayu played the pre-qualifying round and won the first series and was a semifinalist in the second series, and thus was awarded with a WC in the Main Draw. Another 2 WCs in Qualifying Draw goes to Sandy Gulmuya and Nudnida Lauagnam from Thailand.

Wynne Prakusya, however, did not join at all and thus did not get the WC. As Wismilak has upgraded to Tier III, many good players start joining the tourney, and thus, the WCs are given in such way.

Anyway, if Angie gets to the MD with her rank [which I hardly think she will just because the cut off is top 70], Wynne will get the WC.

GoldenSlam
Aug 28th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks:). Just kind of surprising for Wynne who played MD for the last 3 years didnt get a WC.
She probably assumed that she would automatically get a WC into MD.

Vut
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:23 AM
can wynne play double with Tammy ?

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 28th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Wynne was in a crossroad actually when she had to choose to play doubles in Olympic or pre-qual Wismilak...then she had no choice to play Athens which made her to miss pre-qual Wismilak both in Bangkok and Surabaya...On the other hand, Ayu is a Wismilak player...Ayu has been sponsored by Wismilak over a year and she has proven that she has gained the most points in the two pre-quals...:wavey:

kfh_9118
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Can Wynne still play in the Qualifying round? Maybe with WC facility?

GoldenSlam
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Wynne was in a crossroad actually when she had to choose to play doubles in Olympic or pre-qual Wismilak...then she had no choice to play Athens which made her to miss pre-qual Wismilak both in Bangkok and Surabaya...On the other hand, Ayu is a Wismilak player...Ayu has been sponsored by Wismilak over a year and she has proven that she has gained the most points in the two pre-quals...:wavey:
Wynne wasnt an automatical shoe-in for WC like Angelique? little surprised 'bout it.
But Ayu will be a good talent to watch out for from what you say then, good luck:).

firehorse
Aug 30th, 2004, 01:28 PM
it is better to give out the WC to sandy or Ayu...I think Wynne had enjoyed these priviledges before..it is fair that the WC is given thru the winnner of pre qualification.

Brinyi
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:14 PM
Very unfair not to even give a qualie wild card to Wynne though. At least some recognition for representing her country at the Olympics (which was why she could not play pre-qualies) and for contributing to the Fed Cup win over Slovenia.

Someone very powerful may be settling scores with Wynne by excluding her. Just my opinion.

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Wynne lost to Sandy Gumulya for the 2nd time in less than 2 months...Sandy won over her yesterday in the XVI National Sport Week in the women's team event...Sandy represented Jakarta while Wynne rep Central Java...Jakarta took the gold medal!;)

Buitenzorg
Sep 10th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Wynne :(