PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bored :(

Williams Rulez
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Venus and Serena are not playing at Indian Wells and I am so bored!

I can't wait for our girls to return with a bang to Nasdaq 100!!
They'll win the title and thrash the *competition*! ;) :D :bounce:

Ntosake
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Awww, perk up, Williams_Rulez!:wavey:

I know it's hard to watch a tournament where your favs are not playing, but there's still some interesting match-ups shaping up at IW. (altho' we may not get to see any of them since the men are playing!!!---haha.)

I can't wait to see the top players in action myself, but in the meantime, cheer up my friend; Nasdaq will come soon enough.:)

Hey, and if nothing else, you could always cheer for the players that are playing against your least favorites. :angel:

GogoGirl
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Williams_Rulez, I hear ya. The thing that bites my * is the fact that the Nasdaq 100's TV coverage doesn't start until March 24th. I tell ya!

At least we can follow the first week online. I already got my blank VCR tapes ready.

I can hardly stand it that soon, we will get to see our girls in action. I am looking forward to the TV coverage of the IW's tourney - but it does not get my heart a pumping w/anticipation - like the one we'll be following next week and the week after. Is this only Monday - 3/11/02 - for crying out loud?

Oh well - it won't be as long as it has been. And especially since we've seen The Queen VV. TGFT (Thank God For Tennis)

Peace.

http://www.tennistours.com/event_pages/nasdaq100/

CanIGetAWhat
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:24 PM
i'm also not very into this tournament because venus and serena aren't playing, but there are still a few players left that i like and without most of the top ten here, it does give other players a chance to win a big title or reach the quarters/semis where they would normally not if venus/serena/amelie/lindsay/jennifer were playing. it still is a weak field, even if "some" people won't admit it. without any MARQUEE matches/names, it's a relatively dull tournament IMHO

good luck to Venus and Serena in Miami.

veryborednow
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:29 PM
hello

saw my calling card on the thread title

I'm so bloody bored I am watching my tape of the Capriati Vs Maleeva match at that Munich thingy at the end of last year...

snore.

IW is crappy.

Williams Rulez
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:43 AM
lol VBN, looks like without Jennifer, the tournament becomes crappy too eh? ;) :)

Thanks everyone! I am feeling much better now! :D

This tournament wouldn't have been so crappy if Jelena, Iva, Kim and Iroda all exited early as well. With all my favourites out except for Monica, this tournament became really boring and all. Without the marquee match-ups as Canigetawhat said, it makes the tournament dull. But I guess that there are many new players out there with a chance to win now. Just look at the top half! :D

Cheers! :bounce: :D

Becool
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:16 PM
S*it! :sad:

Alex and Iroda lost :sad: :sad:

Now I'm bored!!! :fiery: :mad: :( :rolleyes:!!!!

PLEASE MIAMI! COOOOME!!! :bounce:

RAA
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:53 PM
yes, I agree. I had hoped that Jelena or Justine would make a good run, but that didn't happen either. now my hopes are on Seles (who I love, but I don't think she'll beat Hingis) and Hantuchova (for whom it would be fantastic if she wins, but will be enough of a breakthrough for her if she gets to the final). Its too bad that this Tier 1 has such a weak field. same with the Toray Pan Pacific. They really have to do something about the scheduling of these events...
can't WAIT for the Ericsson!!!
Ruth in Philly PA USA

Jovon
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:16 AM
I also can not wait till Vee and Ree get back on the court. This past week has really been quite :sad:

Williams Rulez
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Yeah yeah yeah!! Miami is round the corner! :D :bounce:

Jordan.
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Xin :wavey:
Bernardo :rolleyes:
CanIgetAwhat :kiss:
veryborednow :fiery:

veryborednow
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:17 PM
oi Jordon ? what did i do wrong ?