PDA

View Full Version : US Open draw - Mary's

Declan
Aug 25th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Mary starts against Loit -(God, I'd hate her to lose that one!), then faces Stevenson or more probably Ruano Pascual (that would be a nice revenge win for the Wimbledon debacle!) then plays Sharapova. So -not the worst draw, if not exactly a kind one....

*roddicksinme*
Aug 25th, 2004, 06:06 PM
go Mary....a tricky opponent, but i think she is playing good enough to handle Loit....and I want the REVENGE!!!!:fiery:

Mark Spruce
Aug 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
well it is a better draw than Noraml so far.

best of luck Mary !!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

Andy.
Aug 26th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Mary is back in good form and i believe that she can at least make the third round but if she continues to play well like she did at the Olympics she could make the Quarter finals. Good Luck Mary.

aimee20
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:11 AM
third round in action
brigit bardot VS britney spears :lol:

Andy.
Aug 26th, 2004, 04:21 AM
third round in action
brigit bardot VS britney spears :lol:
Thats an awesome analogy

Declan
Aug 26th, 2004, 08:34 PM
go Mary....a tricky opponent, but i think she is playing good enough to handle Loit....and I want the REVENGE!!!!:fiery:

Hopefully Loit's confidence will be severely dented by today's appalling loss to Flipkins - (it should be!!)....

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I am SURE that Mary can at least reach quarter !

Loit doesn't play her best, and even if it was the case, i know that Mary is a better player !

Then, Ruano could be a dangerous opponent because Mary is ALWAYS injured against her, and i'm afraid about the "Ruano malediction" : in 2003, mary was to play Ruano at Amelia Island, but Mary gave up before the match ... 2 or 3 weeks later, in berlin, Mary retired because of injuries ! This year at Wimbledon, mary plays the match, but she wasn't as good as usual, because of her hand ... So, a difficult match is Mary is injured, but if she's in shape, no matter and an easy match !

In third, Sharapova ... That's a very tought opponent, hard to play ... but Maria has not play her best since her WImbledon victory (she lost against Mashona Washington this week) whereas Mary shines with a good fed cup match and great Olympics tournament. So i'm reallu optimistic about this match.

Fourth round, Kuznetsova i think ... Kuznetsova doesn't play her best, she lost against Razzano in Englan, so i think all can be possible. But i think that Kuznetsova is the best player that Mary will have to beat to reach quarters.

Then, probably and unfortunately Henin-Hardennes ! Hmm, i would really enjoy such a match and i'm wainting for the revenge of the Athens quarters :drool:

But first, Loit ! Go Mary, and, please, try to be more consistant than you were in England, just after having won S hertogenbosh ... Because often, Mary plays great, and loses soon after ! (Open gaz de france and Anvers, S hertogenbosch and Wimbledon ... so i don't want to have to write later olympic games and Flushing Meadows) ...

In all case, Go Mary[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] :bounce:

sebbe
Aug 26th, 2004, 09:23 PM
I am really saticfied this time with Mary's draw.
She should beat Loit in two easy sets and also beat both her
second round opponents. Sharapova is not an easy opponent
but sure beatable. She was beaten this week by Washington,
so Mary should have a pretty nice chance now.

ashwu
Aug 28th, 2004, 03:45 AM
go luck mary!!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Best of luck to Mary.

I will be offline as I am off on my holidays and will be travelling from the Falklands to Scotland.

So I hope that Mary will play on the Tuesday

Mark

Andy.
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Best of luck to Mary.

I will be offline as I am off on my holidays and will be travelling from the Falklands to Scotland.

So I hope that Mary will play on the Tuesday

Mark
I think that Mary will play on tuesday i have heard that serena is playing on Monday and Mary is on the other side, Mary should fell confident to at least make the third round and then really test herself against the like of Sharapova and Kuznetsova if she is in her Olympics form or better she could make the Quarter finals and take it to Justine. but i am getting ahead of myself we must take it a match at a time. Good Luck Mary

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Oh...pretty cool draw...

Mary's got some quality players in her draw early...Loit is a probably definite win for Mary...Ruano-Pascual, Mary in her top form should have no problems...

Sharapova...that's a tough one...I just hope that if Mary makes it here, she will pull herself together and show Maria who's the powerhouse here....:devil: ....Mary's more powerful...and given the form Maria's in rite now, this is a very possible win for Mary!!!....:bounce:

Next, Kuznetsova...tough cookie...and then Justine...the ultimate challenge...

But I'm not going to look to far ahead....first its Loit...so good luck Mary!!!:bounce:

It frustrates me that Mary has never passed beyond the quarterfinals of this tournament...so it has always been my secret dream that Mary will do better here this year...:angel:

Anyway...go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: