PDA

View Full Version : Good to see a Danish player back in on tour.

Jakeev
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Congrats to Evy Dyborg who took Anna Smashnova before losing in the round of 32 today at Indian Wells.

Good to see the talented former junior player of Denmark beginning to have some good matches under her belt.

I think she has the game and talent to go beyond what former Danish player, Tine Schuer-Larsen, ever did on tour.

Good luck the rest of the year Evy!!!!

Randy H
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:15 PM
yes congrats to Eva, she's been picking up some good results recently, and finally looks like she may be able to find herself a spot in the top 100 if she can keep up her form :) Really should have had Smashnova, she was up a set and had break chances to go up 4-3 in the second but let it slip. Hopefully she will keep up the good work though :)

Jem
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:55 PM
Yes, it's great to see Dyrberg playing well; she'll probably will be a late bloomer. In fact, her junior career reminds me very much of Spirlea and Dragomir, both of whom played much better as they were exposed to more and better competition. Last year, Dyrberg played the Stone Mountain Challenger. I asked a couple of players in the tournament who they thought had the most potential of that particular field, and both said Dyrberg. In fact, they said she was a beautiful player to watch play the game, and they thought -- if she could learn to win and play solid -- she would achieve good things. Nice to see that she's putting it all together this year and wishing her much success in the future.

Rollo
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:53 AM
I'm just waiting to become an Eva fan-if I can only see her play!

Here's a good site with lots of info on her-including an interview!

http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/

Jorn
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Eva has been playing on the tour for atleast 2 year. and yes, She will be in the top 100 next week! Ithink you will hear more from her this year, so remember her name is not Evy Dyborg, Dryberg, Dyberg but. EVA DYRBERG :)

Jakeev
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the correction Jorn but I seem to remember she did go by Evy or Evie once-a-upon- a-time