PDA

View Full Version : New Haven

Daniel
Aug 23rd, 2004, 09:52 AM
First Round
1-DAVENPORT Lindsay(USA) vs BYE
HANTUCHOVA Daniela(SVK) vs Q
SAFINA Dinara(RUS) vs WC-RAYMOND Lisa(USA)
5-PETROVA Nadia(RUS) vs Q

3-CAPRIATI Jennifer(USA) vs BYE
WC-PERRY Shenay(USA) vs GOLOVIN Tatiana(FRA)
MORIGAMI Akiko(JPN) vs Q
8-DECHY Nathalie(FRA) vs SERNA Magui(ESP)

7-BOVINA Elena(RUS) vs CHLADKOVA Denisa(CZE)
Q vs Q
SHAUGHNESSY Meghann(USA) vs WC-WASHINGTON Mashona(USA)
4-SHARAPOVA Maria(RUS) vs BYE

6-MALEEVA Magdalena(BUL) vs KOSTANIC Jelena(CRO)
JANKOVIC Jelena(SCG) vs Q
TANASUGARN Tamarine(THA) vs SCHAUL Claudine(LUX)
2-DEMENTIEVA Elena(RUS) vs BYE

Go Elena , Nadia and Sharapova :bounce:

Chunchun
Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Good Luck LenaD :worship:

Andy.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Go Maria i know you can make the final, just enjoys yourself out there and you will be fine.

cool_olga
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:17 PM
Sorry to say but I guess russian won't win it. It's going to be Lindsay again :rolleyes:
But good luck to Lena D and Dinara!

BK4ever
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:52 PM
Saw Elena D practicing her serve yesterday...She was serving awesome, so its all mental that she cant produce good serves in match play. Olga had her practice placing her serve in all corners of the service box...she looked great.

Saw Bovina as well...she played really well, was very aggressive, but she lacks focus...thats why Denisa was able to make the second set close...Bovina has some really amazing long legs...

bubble
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:58 PM
Saw Elena D practicing her serve yesterday...She was serving awesome, so its all mental that she cant produce good serves in match play. Olga had her practice placing her serve in all corners of the service box...she looked great.

Saw Bovina as well...she played really well, was very aggressive, but she lacks focus...thats why Denisa was able to make the second set close...Bovina has some really amazing long legs...
Thanks for the report ! :wavey:

the cat
Aug 23rd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Elena D was serving awesome? That's interesting to hear. I don't want to hear about Elena having an injured right shoulder anymore. If BK who knows her tennis says Elena was serving awesome then she has it in her to serve much better in matches. But she isn't. Why is that?

Frank
Aug 23rd, 2004, 04:56 PM
An Elena D with an amazing serve is scary!:scared:

Frank
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:23 PM
I just read Davenport is out of Pilot Pen...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=1865771 (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=1865771)

This seriously increases the chances for Maria and Lena D winning a Tier II tournament...

jklense
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:30 PM
If BK who knows her tennis says Elena was serving awesome then she has it in her to serve much better in matches. But she isn't. Why is that?
An Elena D with an amazing serve is scary!:scared:... and she wants fair play with her opponents, otherwise this combination (forehand + groundstrokes + running + fighting character + awesome serve + you-name-it) would be unbeatable, that's why... :D

goldenlox
Aug 24th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Stadium (from 13.00hrs)
1. Lee-Waters vs. Hantuchova
2. Bovina vs. Marrero
3. Capriati vs. Golovin (NB 16.00hrs)
4. Washington vs. Sharapova (NB 19.00hrs)
5. Russell/Santangelo vs. Molik/Serna

Grandstand (from 12.00hrs)
1. Haynes/Stevenson vs. Callens/Gagliardi
2. Grande/Pennetta vs. Petrova/Shaughnessy (NB 15.00hrs)

Dan23
Aug 24th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Thanks GL :yeah:

Andy.
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Maria makes her centre court debut at new haven Good Luck Maria i know you can do it.

ZAK
Aug 24th, 2004, 05:33 AM

Are you going to the tournament again?

Daniel
Aug 24th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Go PEtrova :D :D

t_fan
Aug 24th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Elena D was serving awesome? That's interesting to hear. I don't want to hear about Elena having an injured right shoulder anymore. If BK who knows her tennis says Elena was serving awesome then she has it in her to serve much better in matches. But she isn't. Why is that?
It's all down the stuff between ears :) IMHO she's deadly afraid to miss her serve and it almost went down to her reflexes. I guess that's why the majority of her serves goes to the opponents forehand.

Daniel
Aug 25th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Sharapova is out.

Go Nadia and Elena :D

goldenlox
Aug 26th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Thursday, August 26, 2004

Stadium (from 13.00hrs)
1. Bovina vs. Washington
2. Hantuchova vs. Raymond
3. Jankovic vs. Schaul or Dementieva

Daniel
Aug 26th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Good luck Elena :)

Daniel
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Elena D lost in the semis.

Bovina is in the finals against Dechy, and in Forest Hills Elena L is also in the final