PDA

View Full Version : Venus and Jennifer Have Split The Last Seven Slams, So Who Will Break This Trend?

TSequoia01
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Venus has won the last four of Seven, while Jen has won three of five. Of course between them they have won the last seven. Which player do you believe will change this trend of Venus and Jennifer domination of slams? :confused: :confused: :cool:

venusrocks
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:08 PM
SERENA!!!

Nimi
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:08 PM
i wished that the streak will last forever....

but my chice is Hingis...

Ryan
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Hingis at the French!!!!

Venus+Serena#1fan
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Serena.

I think she has great chances at the French, but If not I have a strong feeling she will win Wimbeldon.

The Nasdaq will be a good tournament to get insight on who will win a slam in 02, but imo Serena has the best chances at the french.

Vanity
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:22 PM
I think Monica has a very good chance to win the French this year! :)

Bezz
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:24 PM
It will be Hingis, she can cope with the power of the big hitters normally but at the clay courts she has a better chance becuase the ball isnt as fast, last year she looked really bad against capriati, but she said that was her mentally rather than capriati. This year she will win a GS!! :bounce:

Jovon
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Either Serena will win RG or the streak will continue with Venus winning the French, then Wimby, then US Open. ;)

Nimi
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
so... we all agree that it will be Serena or Hingis.... although its hard for me to see a Williams winning RG... like its hard for me to see Capriati winning Wimbledon:sad:

treufreund
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Martina will win the next 7 Grand Slams. ;) EVIL LAUGH FOLLOWS!!!!!!!

Seriously who knows though there are so many good players these days. The last four grand slams have had four different losing finalists: Kim Clijsters, Justine Henin, Serena Williams and Martina Hingis so it could be any of them.

angele87
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Well I'd really like it to be Kimmie but probably Martina!

TSequoia01
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Good point Treufreund, maybe the individuals who were runnerups will emerge. I also think that Serena does have a chance to win Roland Garros. She is practicing coming to net. Although she needs to put away easy vollies, she refuses to be discouraged by being passed. Monica is one of my favorites to break the string, because she never can be overlooked on clay. I think the draw will figure in greatly who wins the French. So you never know. Venus being the #2 seed could aide her as well.

bryan26
Mar 10th, 2002, 07:47 PM
I doubt Martina will break it. Maybe Serena will but not maritna. Martina hasn't beaten venus, serena, jen, or even lindsay forever. I'd even give monica a better chance at winning the French Open then Hingis.

joao
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:14 PM
I hope Venus will break Capriati's trend and will win RG......but that wouldn't change the names of the last 7 GS winners! Otherwise, Serena has a big chance too! She reached the QF at RG last year, losing to CApriati. This year, she 'll kick CApriati's ass at the same stage!!!!!:bounce:

saki
Mar 10th, 2002, 08:56 PM
I think it'll happen at the French. The players with the best chance of winning RG are Hingis, Seles, Henin.

On the other hand, if Serena does carry on volleying, I would give her a good chance at Wimbledon. She will start beating Venus at some point, and why not there?

turt
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Justine Henin!

hingis-seles
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:05 PM
I honestly think Hingis or Seles will win the French.

The question is not if one of them will take home the RG crown but which one.

Kart
Mar 10th, 2002, 09:18 PM
I hope you're right, hingis - seles :)

I think that the French is also reachable for Clijsters and Mauresmo with lucky draws ...

After Oz, this year though I wouldn't count out a JenCap repeat at all.

Martian Mel
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:13 PM
She paid her dues!Martina will finally lift the French Open crown!:eek: :bounce: :hearts: :kiss: :angel: :drool: :wavey: :cool: ;) :)

Becool
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Serena :p :)

Volcana
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:33 PM
Serena playing her current best is better than anyone else playing their current best not named Venus. But we all know that Serena doesn't always show up.

croat123
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Iva Majoli will win the French...I'll give Wimbledon to Lucic...The US Open to Talaja...Number one to Majoli...The Aussie Open to Kostanic...doses off

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 10th, 2002, 11:23 PM
I think the next GS winner will be either hingis, serena, justine, or kim. They are the players that made the finals and most likely they will do it again and be prepared. I had a feeling jen would recapture the Aussie but I don't think she will recapture the FO.

Ryan
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:06 AM
You're right cybelle. Those 4 have the best chances. Hingis, Seles or henin could take the FO crown, providing they all play fantastically, and get a decent draw. Serena could win wimby, but so could Henin.

Zhao
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:22 AM
welll i think it will be at wimbledon because there are so many players whom are superb on grass in making a comeback like anna kournikova and alex stevenson esp the later which will make venus's defence of her wimbledo crown even harder

as for the French Jennifer might be able to defend her title if she slides well n is able to deal with serena williams

so i think alex might break the streak..

Oizo
Mar 11th, 2002, 12:29 AM
Serena or Kim !!! But I hope Jenny will win RG :wavey: :bounce: :cool: :D

Williams Rulez
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Serena or Monica would win Roland Garros!! I can feel it! :D ;) :bounce:

LucasArg
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Serena Williams:wavey: :bounce: :wavey:

rhz
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:22 AM
I really hope Monica could win French, but is she mentally strong enough likebefore the stabbing?

Serena could win if she started to play more, especially learning hoe to play on Clay

Justine and Kim have chances

Martina could win if every other top players having injuries in this tournament, plus the Williamses weakest surface is clay

can Venus win the other 2 majors??

i hope there would be a surprise champion like Iva M. in 1997

maybe Anna Kournikova ( well i can hope can I ????)

louisa2k2
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:18 AM
martina has one of the best records at the FO, if she plays well then shell definately win if she lets her level drop like last year then, maybe seles, clijsters,s. williams or henin can win. Though i dont hold out much hope for hingis until i can see how she is playing. Capriati is always in with a chance cos she keeps coming back so maybe no one will be able to break the chain.

hingis-seles
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:14 PM
I doubt Jen will get lucky at RG like she did at the AO this year.
Unless she gets a dream draw like she did at the AO, I just can't see her winning RG again.
At this year's AO, it was Hingis,Seles,S.Williams and V.Williams in one section and Jen,Mauresmo and The Belgian Babes in the other.
I doubt this will happen at RG. If Jen plays Martina, I will be a bit uncertain, but if she plays Monica, she will be packing her bags at the end of the match.
I still think that Venus has a lot to work on for RG. She may be #1 and she certainly is the best player at the moment, but the fact remains that she has never gone past the quarter-finals in 5 attempts.

It'll happen at RG with either Martina or Monica holding the trophy.Ofcourse, Clijsters,Henin,Dokic and Mauresmo should be considered.

tfannis
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Justine at the French or Kim at the USO :bounce: :bounce:

Mazza
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:33 PM
I'm hoping Kim and she has a great chance at RG but I think it could also be Martina, Serena, Monica or Justine....

SerenaSlam
Feb 9th, 2003, 03:02 AM
its very funnie to look back and see what people thought, some people post stuff, just hoping that they would win a slam, but clearly it was serena as the favorite in all 3 slams after the australian, and who would've thought that australian open 2002, would start jennifer's title drought?