PDA

View Full Version : Lena in New Haven

Andrew.
Aug 20th, 2004, 10:14 PM
She is the number seven seed, and has an excellent shot at the semis. Her big test will be Sharapova in the QF. Play like she did against Amelie in the second set, and she wins. Go Lena.

Andrew.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:50 AM
Bovina def. Chladkova 6-0 7-5

:yeah:

Daniel
Aug 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Good luck in the finals :)

the cat
Aug 28th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Winning New Haven will get Elena back on the right track in her tennis career. :) She's the favorite today and should win. But if she gets nervous from being the favorite she could lose. Udachi Elena! :bounce:

Angel Burning
Aug 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Winning New Haven is much better than anything Lena did in 2002. It's not getting back on the right track, it's taking a huge step, basically out of nowhere.

The 2 stinky titles she won, are nothing compared to this. And the US Open QF was a bit of a fluke... beating Dokic, who didn't care, and then struggled mightily against Foretz. Then, the Lindsay match, which was so horrible.

Just play well, Lena. Don't be nervous like me. :)

KV
Aug 28th, 2004, 07:26 PM
And Yessss she's done it. Her biggest tournament win ever :bounce: :D :)

the cat
Aug 28th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Elena won New Haven in a tough 3 set match over Nathalie Dechy! :D Elena showed alot of fortitude today in winning this match. And I hope she can consistently play agressive all court tennis because that kind of tennis is hard for her opponents to beat.

Leelee Whitehead
Apr 1st, 2009, 03:39 AM
Memories...

Sadly, I wasn't here for the greatest week in the history of sports.