Women's Singles - Quarterfinals

KUZNETSOVA Svetlana RUS (5) 6(5) 6 2
MAURESMO Amelie FRA (2) 7 4 6
Match Elapsed Time : 2h22min 1h01min 46min 35min

Amelie WON !!!! :bounce: :worship: :bounce:
Go for GOLD!!!

sharik
Aug 19th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yihaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Our Momo has reached the semi-finals (I just KNEW she would)!! I'm sure she will play the final too and will go for that tiny gold thing!! Gooooo Mooooooooo! But what really pisses me off (pardon my French) is that I haven't seen one single image of her play. Even French television does not broadcast her matches. And in Belgium, where I live, they only show the matches with Justine. What a shame that is, God! I have to follow every ball Mo hits on the internet, but that's not enough, is it!
The same thing happens in the press. Everybody keeps on talking about the Russians, the Williams sisters and the Belgian girls. But Mo is Nr 2 for God's sake. Helloooooooo!!!! She HAS to win this, because only she is the one who truly deserves it. Let them all talk then!

Sharik
:devil:

nouf
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:52 PM
wait ! moi j'ai des images!

genie
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:55 PM
i totally agree, amelie deserves gold i hope she'll get it. i guess if she wins gold her it will give her the mental capacity or state of mind to do the same in slams like in the us open i think it would be excellent for her, i mean she's sooooo good and no one but her deserves it. i think her matches should be tv'd more so people can see how beautiful she is because she so deserves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

go amelie,!!!!!!1

Tylane
Aug 19th, 2004, 10:08 PM
ALLEZ AMELIE :bounce:

LadyCop
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Sharik,

if you want to see Amélie play you have to stay up late.
A2 (French television) broadcasts the whole match way after midnight.

I saw Justine play against Mary Pierce (late afternoon) and zapped in on A2 around 1:30 am to see Amélie play KUZNETSOVA.
Funny thing was that although I knew in advance that Amélie won, it still was exciting.

The best final for me would be : Amélie against Justine
And whoever is going to be the winner : I would be pleased with the result.

Both of them can play great tennis and are people with determination, a great fighting spirit, proud to represent their Country and deserve to win the Gold.

JPrince
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:30 AM
I agree with all of you...I think it's a shame that none of Momo's matches have been televised!!! It's time the media starts giving this amazing player the credit and recognition she deserves, instead of focusing on the Russians, and Justine Henin-Hardenne, and the Williams sisters all the time!!! I'm sick of it! The only time the media does focus on Momo is if they are criticizing or delving into her personal life! Mauresmo is THE most exciting player to watch and yet she never gets any TV coverage. I have to resort to going on the olympics website since they never televise any of the tennis matches live here in Las Vegas since Athens is 10 hours ahead of our time zone. It sucks! Hopefully Momo will be on tomorrow in her semi-final vs. Molik. Give this girl the positive attention she so rightfully deserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Momo!

Katha-Ger
Aug 20th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Allez Amelie!!!!!!! :woohoo: Go for GOLD :yeah:

MinnyGophers
Aug 20th, 2004, 03:32 PM
heh if Amelie goes to the finals and meet JHH then you'll be able to watch it :devil:
too bad for me, i'll work that day they'll show it here in the US....

JPrince
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM
When is Amelie scheduled to play Molik? It's already 9:30pm in Athens and I've yet to see a score posted.

-Em-
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:29 PM
It's becoz of Nastya vs Justine match. It was kinda long, a 3-stter, sth like three hours...so i guess Momo's match will be like an hour later than scheduled

smarty
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:38 PM
They already started :eek:
Molik leads 2:1
Allez Amelie :bounce: :bounce:

-Em-
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Smarty;)
:wavey:

Lefa
Aug 20th, 2004, 11:05 PM
ATHENS, 20 August - Comments from Amelie MAURESMO (FRA) after her 7-6, 6-3 win over Alicia MOLIK (AUS) in Semifinal 2 of the Women's Singles.

Amelie MAURESMO (FRA)

On the match:

"I expected a very tough match and it was exactly one like that. I am very happy to reach my target. I am glad I won."

On the gold medal match:

"I have seen Justine HENIN-HARDENNE (BEL) playing and I know that it is going to be a very difficult match. I will play hard and hopefully I will win."

Severine
Aug 23rd, 2004, 01:08 PM
Sharik
You're right, it is an absolute bloody shame. Tennis coverage in general has been non existent in Britain too - I missed the first day but apart from that (and five minutes of Momo's final) the only match that has been televised on terrestrial TV was between Myskina and Daniilidou - which, it has to be said, was dull beyond belief!

Nouf, merci pour les images!!