PDA

View Full Version : Amelie and Gabi

JPrince
Aug 13th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Having watched Mauresmo play for quite some time now, I cannot help but notice how reminiscent her groundstrokes, and overall demeanor are to Gabriela Sabatini (another favorite of mine). The graceful one-handed backhand, the heavy topspin, even the facial expressions remind me so much of Gabi. It's nice to see a player who possesses the same sportsman-like conduct on the court as well as generousity off the court as Gabi did. It has been years since we've had a player as exciting to watch as Gabi, and it's nice to see that Amelie has put that excitement back into women's tennis. She epitomizes the meaning of the word "champion" both on the court and off. I hope Amelie sticks around for many more years to come.

Mariangelina
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:29 AM
:D What JPrince said!

And they're both beautiful too... :hearts:

genie
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:35 PM
i agree with jprince and mariangela. amelie is soo cute, she looked stunning at the opening ceremony, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darian
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I agree completely - there are some striking similarities. I have especially noticed that Momo's manner of speaking is very similar to Gabi's. They are certainly both beautiful women :worship: -- and for that matter would make a lovely pair! :couple: Anyway one can dream that perhaps one day Gabi will be :hearts: lovestruck by Momo.

ToeTag
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Hi !

Yes, Momo reminds me Gaby too !!!

Oh..
A month ago, I was dinning at my friend's resto-bar in Buenos Aires, and Gaby was dinnig nearby us. She seems to be such a simple person!

Josefina, from Buenos Aires TANGO CITY.

GABY COME BACK !!!
:)

Come on Jo.More details please.What was she wearing?Who was she with Female or male?

:wavey:

They are certainly both beautiful women -- and for that matter would make a lovely pair! Anyway one can dream that perhaps one day Gabi will be lovestruck by Momo.

Yeah I agree...but Gaby is still trying to convince everyone she is straight. :rolleyes: :o :lol:

JPrince
Aug 14th, 2004, 07:31 AM
I agree that Momo and Gabi would make an awesome couple too. No doubt!!!

flyingmachine
Aug 14th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I agree that Momo and Gabi would make an awesome couple too. No doubt!!!
I could understand why people making similities between Momo and Gabi. Tenniswise they both play a very similar game. ;)
However do you still belive that Gabi is a lesbian. :confused:

JPrince
Aug 14th, 2004, 06:32 PM
FlyingMachine,
While it really isn't relavent if she is or isn't a lesbian, I loved Gabi for her tennis and personality. However, if she were gay, she and Amelie would definitely make one HOT couple! Oh well, nothing wrong with dreaming! lol.

flyingmachine
Aug 15th, 2004, 12:10 AM
FlyingMachine,
While it really isn't relavent if she is or isn't a lesbian, I loved Gabi for her tennis and personality. However, if she were gay, she and Amelie would definitely make one HOT couple! Oh well, nothing wrong with dreaming! lol.
Well we all do at times. ;)

Bероника
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:13 PM
I agree with all that has been said in here.The first time I saw Amélie I really thought she was a new Gaby.Both are a true gift from the Gods!!!

Josefina
Aug 29th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Hi !

I really miss Gaby on courts, we all in Argentina do.
She is a very important person for all of us here, as a sportwoman, but specially because she´s an excellent person. She helps poor people, but she doesn´t want this to be known. She´s a very simple and low-profile woman.
She´s loved and respected here in my country.
Her tennis was like Momo´s, and they are very similar in many aspects.
One of the reasons Gaby left the tours and retired from tennis life, was because of the international press. She was fed up with press gossips and pressures on her. I hope Momo can stand this !!

My kind regards from BUENOS AIRES !!

Jo.

geeklet
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:48 PM
I just heard the other day that Sabatini is gonna do an expo match with Graf for charity:

http://sify.com/sports/tennis/fullstory.php?id=13553484