peanuts
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:18 AM
:bounce: hope she wins the gold!!! :bounce:

Julia_08
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:37 AM
she will !! lets just all pRAY

Daniel
Aug 16th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Good luck Nastya!! http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/bounce.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

Daniel
Aug 16th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Beat serna tonight !!!! Vamos Nastya :D

JLDementieva
Aug 16th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Good luck Anastasia!! You can do it!

azmad_88
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:21 PM
impressive scoer against serna

Spunky83
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Yay!!! Next up: Maggie Maleeva (again)

Julia_08
Aug 16th, 2004, 06:23 PM
hum..no Kristina BRANDI

In doubles Nastya and Elena Dementieva will meet Japanese team Sugiyama/Asagoe.
:hearts: :hearts: go bella

Daniel
Aug 17th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Go Nastya :D

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Yay!!! Next up: Maggie Maleeva (again)

Yeah,...why did I think this??? Where am I? Where is my head? I think I brought it out with the trash today...HELP ME!!! :sad:

Julia_08
Aug 17th, 2004, 04:08 PM
hehe it's ok you know :P

she will face the winner of the game: DANIILIDOU Eleni / MALEEVA Magdalena (15)

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2004, 05:35 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040817/capt.olyten10708171501.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en107.jpg Tue Aug 17,11:03 AM

Daniel
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Good luck :worship:

Daniel
Aug 18th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Wish you a victory in 2 sets against Eleni :)

Mr. Myskina
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:37 AM
get the GOLD !!!! i havent been able to watch any games my power has been out for a week now im so mad

Julia_08
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:44 AM
she have to go in the finals... or semi finals because i will be able to see the games live on tv...PLEASEEEEE
go myskina!

Josh810
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:35 AM
she have to go in the finals... or semi finals because i will be able to see the games live on tv...PLEASEEEEE
go myskina!
That's what I've been thinking. In the U.S it's just Roddick, Venus, Roddick, Venus. Well look where they are now! :lol: Win one more so I can actually watch one!

fabifan#1
Aug 19th, 2004, 06:10 AM
go myskina!
doesn't it suck that canada has no tennison tv i hope they at least show a final

Daniel
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Go Nastya !!!! :worship: :bounce: :clap2:

Nastyafan
Aug 19th, 2004, 12:21 PM
3 down 3 to go:yeah: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)
you can do it my girl:kiss: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):inlove: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#):hearts: (http://www.wtaworld.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=34#)

Julia_08
Aug 19th, 2004, 03:22 PM
doesn't it suck that canada has no tennison tv i hope they at least show a final
thefinals will be Saturday on TSN,;live

(Men's Tennis Singles (Bronze) 11:00am - 5:00pm
Men's Tennis Doubles (Gold)
Women's Tennis Singles (Bronze and Gold)
Women's Tennis Doubles (Bronze) )

and sunday (aug 22)
Men's Tennis Singles (Gold) 10:00am - 2:00pm
Women's Tennis Doubles (Gold)

but i just hope that they will show ALL the games and no skip to another sports at the middle of the game

AlexN
Aug 19th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Good luck against Justine :kiss:

.ivy.
Aug 19th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Good Luck! (You'll need it). It's so hard to be a Nastya fan and a Justine fan right now!

Mr. Myskina
Aug 19th, 2004, 11:55 PM
What is the date of the semis and finals?

Julia_08
Aug 20th, 2004, 04:33 AM
well in canada the semis final are tomorrow(friday august 20) and Saturday(august 21) it's the final (Women's Tennis Singles (Bronze and Gold) )

GO MYSKINA!

Josh810
Aug 20th, 2004, 05:42 AM
I don't know about you guys but I am so freakin nervous even hours before the match...

Daniel
Aug 20th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Good luck Anastasia :) :)

I am nervous too but i believe in her so i know she will fight until the las point of the match :D

Lyn
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:10 PM
When will the match begin???? I hope she wins this one!!! C'mon Nastya!! :bounce:

Lyn
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:14 PM
An interview with Nastya: 19 August 2004

A. MYSKINA/F. Schiavone

6‑1, 6‑2

An interview with: ANASTASIA MYSKINA

THE MODERATOR: First question, please.

Q. Did you expect to win so easily?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Not really. I mean, we played before couple matches, and they were in three sets. So I thought this one going to be even tougher because it's Olympic Games. No, I didn't really expect. But I'm really happy it was that easy.

Q. What was the reason why it was so easy, in your opinion? Because you played very well; because she played less well than expected?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I don't know why. I think I played okay. I didn't say that I play my best. I didn't say that I play really bad. I just play. I did what I can do. That was okay match. That's it. But maybe Francesca was feeling pressure. Maybe she was a little bit, I don't know, scared, thinking she can win. I don't know. So many reasons can be. But I didn't really think about it.

Q. Last year you were close to losing to Serra‑Zanetti at US Open. She was playing very slow, trying to mix up the game. Francesca was trying to do the same, in your opinion, or she plays a really different game?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. She plays slowly, but the game was different because Francesca tried to mix it up a lot with slice, high ball, you know, and didn't really work because actually I expect that game, and I knew what she's going to do, and I can read the game pretty well. So I play real easy.

Q. You've had a very big triumph this year at the French Open. I'm wondering if you could explain what it must be like for Maria Sharapova, based on your own experience, how something like this changes your life.

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Oh, I think it's a lot of changes. I think especially with Maria, I think it's different situation. With me, Maria is different situation because she's really popular in US. I think she become even more popular there. With me situation, I become a little bit more popular in my home country. So that's the difference. Where is change? I think you get more confidence now when you go on the court. You feel more comfortable in every match, and you know how to play in different situation because, especially Maria, she was down with Lindsay set and 2‑1, I guess. So now she knows the match not finished, so she can fight and win the match.

Q. Do you feel like a different person because of the way people look at you now?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah, maybe a little bit more respect. But I don't feel really different person. I try to not change. You know, I stay the same. I love to be the way I am.

Q. Can you really stay the same, though?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yeah. Why not? That's not really difficult.

Q. Considering that some girls, top seeds, have lost, dangerous ones like Venus, Dementieva, do you think you have great chances now to go on and get the gold?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Besides Dementieva and Williams, I think we have Henin‑Hardenne and Amelie Mauresmo. I think they a little bit higher than Williams and Dementieva. But why not? I really work hard to be here, and I really work hard to win matches. So I'm look forward and I'm really positive.

Q. What are people saying about Justine? She's been away from the tour. Have you seen any of her matches? Are people trying to see where she is?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I didn't see her matches because we kind of playing the same time. But we thought it was going to be really hard for her to come back. But it looks she's really on top of her game right now. She's winning pretty easy every match. But I think against Mary it's going to be a little bit tougher because Mary playing really great right now. It's going to be good match. So I really look forward to seeing right now.

Q. You said something interesting a minute ago about Maria. You said you're more popular in your home country. But Russia is Maria's home country. Do you consider her not really Russian?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, she's completely Russian. I didn't say that. She's Russian. I'm not going to catch that (smiling).

Q. Justine Henin, she has not played for four months. She didn't play since April, even if she went just one match in Roland Garros. Do you think once she has a tough opponent like you would be for her, this would be a big disadvantage for her, lacking competition?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No. I think she's ready to play because she played a couple matches here, and I think she's ready to play a good match against Mary. I think she's been practicing pretty hard before Olympics. That's why she's here. It means that she ready to play and she ready to win, otherwise she wouldn't be here.

Q. Would you trade an Olympic gold medal for a French Open title?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Hard question. Just wish to have both of those (smiling).

Q. Did you have any conversations with Maria after she won Wimbledon about how to deal with a big triumph like that?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: I saw her in San Diego after Wimbledon, and I just congratulate her. That's pretty much it.

Q. You didn't say like "Welcome to the club" or anything?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Nobody say to me "Welcome to the club," so...

Julia_08
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:46 PM
go amore! beat the player that i hate the most!!!

goldenlox
Aug 20th, 2004, 10:00 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20040820/i/r3111909564.jpg Fri Aug 20, 4:34 PM ET
Anastasia Myskina of Russia leaves the court after her defeat by Justine Henin-Hardenne from Belgium during their women's singles semi-final of the Athens 2004 Olympic Games tennis tournament August 20, 2004. Henin-Hardenne won in three sets 7-5 5-7 8-6.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040820/capt.olyten31708201949.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en317.jpg Fri Aug 20, 3:51 PM ET
Russia's Anastasia Myskina looks towards her coach while playing against Belgium's Justine Henin-Hardenne in their semifinal match at the 2004 Summer Olympics 2004 in Athens Friday, Aug. 20, 2004. Henin won 7-5, 5-7, 8-6.

Lyn
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:07 AM
Some pics : Match against Justine...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040820/capt.olyten11108201832.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en111.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040820/capt.olyten11508201945.greece_olympics_tennis_olyt en115.jpg

Daniel
Aug 21st, 2004, 08:07 AM
Nastya :sad:

Juju_La_Terreure
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:35 AM
Hi, i saw the match yesterday, it was awesome.
The match didn't deserve a loser. Nastya has showed us,
why she is the nr3 in the world. I hope she will win bronze.
She deserves the medal a lot more than Molik. Good luck !!!

I think nastya needs a better coach. She deserves better.
Her coach didn't support her in the whole match.
She even didn't look interested at all.

Juju_La_Terreure
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:39 AM
go amore! beat the player that i hate the most!!!
Don't be so hatefull. You have no right to.
Your country has no players at all.
BTW, justine and nastya are friend :)

AlexN
Aug 21st, 2004, 11:28 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Spunky83
Aug 21st, 2004, 12:11 PM

Thatīs true, but hey...I use this sentence now for the Bronze medal match, but just because I canīt stand Aliciaīs fans (this is mean, I know, but I needed it;))

Emiel Goelen
Aug 21st, 2004, 12:13 PM
I really hope Anastasia wins the bronze medal, she deserves it after that marathon semifinal!

Julia_08
Aug 21st, 2004, 04:59 PM

i dont care if my country has no player. who cares? there's so much young players now... and soon im sure there will be a couple of canadians....

and im not hatefull., and i dont care if nastya and justine are friend.... i dont like justine, i will never like her, i just hate her face expression and she looks like a lil snob.....

goldenlox
Aug 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
Molik first to win singles medal
August 22, 2004

ALICIA Molik beat world No.3 Anastasia Myskina today to become the first Australian tennis player to win a singles medal at an Olympic Games.

The unseeded Molik was in tears after continuing her brilliant run of form by upsetting Russia's reigning French Open champion 6-3 6-4 in the women's bronze medal play-off.

The 23-year-old South Australian went on the front foot from the outset, creating a break point for herself on Myskina's opening service game before eventually seizing the initiative four games later to open up a 4-2 lead.

Myskina fended off a set point serving at 2-5 but Molik wouldn't be denied, closing out the set in just 32 minutes with a booming ace down the middle.

The onslaught continued with Molik breaking Myskina in the opening game of the second set and then holding with another ace for a 2-0 lead.

Myskina, also 23, fought back to win three straight games but Molik persisted attacking the temperamental Russian and was rewarded with the vital service break in the ninth game to go ahead 5-4.

Showing nerves of steel, Australia's world No.23 was able to serve out the match in style - finishing with an ace - to record her second success over Myskina this year.

Molik's triumph crowned the most successful month of her career, during which she also snared her second title in Stockholm and racked up 10 wins from 11 matches.

Her only defeat came last night against world No.2 Amelie Mauresmo in the Olympic semi-finals.

Molik's scalps in the past month have also included Mauresmo in San Diego and world No.6 Elena Dementieva in the first round this week, leaving the Australian No.1 oozing confidence as she prepares to fly to New York tomorrow ahead of the US Open starting in eight days.

Molik will break into the world's top 20 for the first time on Monday and, with injury clouds hanging over several leading players, she could even gain an an all-important top-16 seeding for the year's final grand slam.

Molik rated the medal-winning performance as the highlight of her career.

"Without a doubt," she said.

"The Olympics is something I've watched from a child. It was my dream as a kid to be an Olympian.

"I managed to be in Sydney. I have some fond memories of Sydney, but there's not too many people that have a medal to their name or wear a medal around their neck.

"Today, my bronze will be something that I'm going to cherish for the rest of my life now."

Myskina said she was simply unable to back up after losing an exhausting physical and mental battle against world No.1 Justine Henin-Hardenne in last night's first semi-final.

Myskina was in touching distance of the gold medal match before squandering a 5-1 lead in the final set to lose 7-5 5-7 8-6 in an epic contest lasting two hours and 44 minutes.

"I wasn't able to recover because I think I gave everything last night. Emotionally, I was drained," Myskina said before praising Molik. "She (Molik) has improved a lot. I mean, I played her last year and I beat her really easy. "Since that, she has improved her serve, her baseline strokes. I guess she's become a really aggressive player, and that's really good for her."

Mr. Myskina
Aug 21st, 2004, 07:25 PM
shit man

Lemonskin.
Aug 22nd, 2004, 01:00 AM
Molik did an excellent job.

Daniel
Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:05 AM
She lost the Bronze :(

Juju_La_Terreure
Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
Nastya didn't deserve this :( .
She deserved the Bronze,
after such a mach against Justine.
Damn, tennis can be hard. :sad:

Daniel
Aug 22nd, 2004, 07:24 AM
yep , :sad: anyways, she has tp out this behind her and get ready for USO .
Go Nastya :smooch:

Mr. Myskina
Aug 22nd, 2004, 04:56 PM
shes gonna win USO i can feel it