PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia's Friends!

Honey
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Who is Anastasia friends with on tour... ATP or WTA? I was reading her interview transcript with Marat Safin and they seem like really good friends. Have they been friends for a long time? All I know was the Marat's mom was one of Anastasia's earliest coaches. I also heard that she's good friends with Kim Clijsters and she's best friends with Elena Dementieva. How is/was her relationship with Anna Kournikova and with the other Russian women? They said during Rogers Cup that all the Russian women players eat together and sit together while watching each other play.

deckham
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Who is Anastasia friends with on tour... ATP or WTA? I was reading her interview transcript with Marat Safin and they seem like really good friends. Have they been friends for a long time? All I know was the Marat's mom was one of Anastasia's earliest coaches. I also heard that she's good friends with Kim Clijsters and she's best friends with Elena Dementieva. How is/was her relationship with Anna Kournikova and with the other Russian women? They said during Rogers Cup that all the Russian women players eat together and sit together while watching each other play.
The russian women seem to be the most professional and well acquainted of all the countries......

anastasia says that she appreciates what kournikova did for the russian females so i would assume that she gets along with her just fine.
myskina seems to get along with nearly every single russian... especially likhovtseva and dementieva. and yes, it appears that safin and myskina are pretty good friends (with his mom being her coach and all for awhile).
you can see pictures throughout this russian thread that show the russian women dressing in similar styles and patterns and eating out together... there's a sense of friendship between each of them at the fed cup and at the net at the end of matches.... i'll also expect to see that at the olympics. an amazing, competitive, and friendly bunch all the russians seem to be. nearly mind-boggling how they can be such enemies on the court and best friends off. they should be applauded by the way they handle their profession and their friends. :)

:drink:

p.s. i'm sure nastya gets along with clijsters as well.... ;)

goldenlox
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:30 AM
She's very good friends with Elena L., Vera, and Elena D. And several others.
Anastasia is a very friendly and easy to get along with person.

peanuts
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:02 AM
ya i've read that kim even watched her match against sveta at the french this year and she also repeatedly mentioned in interviews that she's friends with kim :)

deckham
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:44 PM
i don't see nastya disliking too many people... unless they talk trash about russia or her boyfriend... hehehe.... ;)

vaiva
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Honey, where and what did you say to turn your cheeks so red?

Green with envy - this is how we like it here :p

Mr. Myskina
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:03 AM
i get along with her great

~|Naomi|~
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Even though this is an old thread I'd thought I''d bump it up just to say Kim and Nastya are friends. Kim has said in interviews that she and Nastya hang out off the court away from the tournament and go to movies together and things like that. Also I have read Nastya say that they are friends to. Also I think you can see it like in Leipzig last year when Kim was injured and also at AO this year when Kim had problems with her foot Nastya was still great towards her after she lost.

Kim did watch Nastya play Sveta at the FO, she also watched her play chladkova and Kim and her mum watched the venus match and they were sitting near Nastya's coach.

Daniel
Nov 29th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Nastya and Kim :hug: :drool:

cool_olga
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM
That's sweet to read about this friendship :) Cus Nastya and Kim are the nicest players on tour overall. Still Lena Likhovtseva stays best friend of Nastya.

~|Naomi|~
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:12 AM
Yeah Kim and nastya are just good friends not best friends, Lena L is Nastya's bestfriend as caroline maes (challenger level player) is Kim's best friend:) But Kim and nastya are still close friends:)

AlexB
Dec 2nd, 2004, 05:04 AM
nastya and yuri sharapov are friends right :lol:

Spunky83
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
Dare I even mention this one...everybody loves Nastya!!!

Q. And just finally, is she somebody that you like to play, or do you find her a bit frustrating?

JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE: She's very nice person, first. She's very -- we have good relationship, and that's pretty good.

Right before the last match between those two...I still think that it was a good omen for Nastya when they played a sparring-match at the French Open;). Always look on the bright side of life!

~|Naomi|~
Dec 12th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Anastasia is a supporter of the 'to walk again foundation' a foundation of Marc Herremans who is a Belgian triathlete but he had an accident but is now in a wheelchair. He is very good friends with Kim. Also Jen and Daniela are supporters of the foundation and I know Kim asked them to be so I think Nastya would have found out about the foundation through Kim and wanted to help or Kim asked:D But nice to see Nastya supporting it:D I don't know what she does though she was just listed as supporter of it, I know Kim donated a lot of money but she is a big supporter of it and Marc's friend so I don't think Nastya would have had to have done that.

Daniel
Dec 12th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Thanks Naomi for the info :)

Jackson.
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:54 AM
:help:

Daniel
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM

:lol: :lol:

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 13th, 2004, 12:47 PM
yuri and nastya are the BESTEST BEST BEST friends in the world!!
-winks.

Daniel
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Nastya and Molik are good friends ??? nah

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:30 AM
i doubt it. i dont think they no each other in the 1st place. and nastya should be pissed at her becaused she lost to molik during the fed cup semis or quarters. i am not sure.

Russia-Rulez
Dec 24th, 2004, 05:08 PM
maybe Svetlana Kuznetsova aswell....
http://cache.wtnphotos.com/545/21238637193myskina.jpg
and Elena Dementieva is pretty sure they're best friends..

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 24th, 2004, 07:47 PM
in that photo. sveta looks as if she's being choked. :S

~|Naomi|~
Jan 2nd, 2005, 04:27 AM
This is from Kim's most recent interview sometime over the last couple of days

Myskina won in Paris, Sharapova in Wimbledon & Zvonareva in New York. Which one of these three Russians do you most grant the succes?
All three of them are good friends. But Anna (Anastasia Myskina, red) is the 'nicest' (I don't know how to translated "tof"). I was really happy for her when she won RG.

They mean Kuznetzova not Zvonareva:o The bit in brackets is by Teigetje who translated the article from Dutch to English:D

Emptiness
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hmmm does Kim know Anastasia doesn't like to be called "Anna"? http://www.imagelink.org/id30822.gif

What idiot mixed up Kuznetsova with Zvonareva? Atleast Epi will be happy.

Thanks for that info, hope Kim has a good recovery. :)

~|Naomi|~
Jan 3rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Well maybe Kim didn't call her Anna the newspaper just wrote that, given that they mixed Kuznetsova and Vera up I wouldn't be surprised:p

jochem
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
"tof" means something like cool ! :)

jochem
Jan 3rd, 2005, 03:48 PM
If Kims answer was something like: Nastya is tof, than she probably means I like her the most

Nichole
Feb 17th, 2005, 09:19 AM
didnt nastya and elena grow up together - and i think shes known marat for quite a while in the interviews ive read they laugh alot

Nastyafan
Feb 17th, 2005, 01:31 PM
of course Nastya and Elena grew up together, u can find some pics of them together as children here or on anastasia-myskina.com
and Safin'd mom was nastya's first coach so of course she knows marat very well too

Nichole
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:38 PM
can someone show me some pics of nastya and elena as kids or teens ?

Nichole
Feb 17th, 2005, 10:40 PM
btw how do u mix vera and sveta up ?

LiTTLe SeRTaB
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:17 AM
Hmmm does Kim know Anastasia doesn't like to be called "Anna"?

haaa, so she , HeRSeLF likes when ppl call her Nastja? :confused:
Haaaaa I really hate that name :shrug: My aunt's name is Nastja too :p :p :p :p

why nobody calls her Stacy? :hearts: i think it's so sweet ( just like she is :inlove: )