PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to kick Els Jacxens out of the commentary booth

Hagar
Aug 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
I'm just watching a replay of the Mauresmo-Zvonareva match and it strikes me once again (maybe because she now gets to comment a whole match and not just some points in a newsflash): Els Jacxens just ain't got it.
She just has it ALL WRONG:
- bad pronunciation
- bad language: the woman just can't talk proper Dutch, her idioms are just plain wrong; uses verbs with wrong prepositions, wrong expressions... :fiery:
- what she says does not make sense AND she does not know when she has to say something and when she should just SHUT UP!!!
- intonation is constantly wrong. She sometimes is way too enthousiastic and then lets it drop dead again.
SHE AIN'T GOT RYTHM NOR GROOVE WHEN SHE TALKS!

On top of that, she is not the only one of the VRT who is just twaddling instead of talking, just think of Stef Wijnants, who spoils every soccer game he gives comment on by a constant stream of stupid remarks.

As I am writing, Carl Van Nieuwkerke is now on for a cycling thing. Though I am a lot less interested in cycling than in tennis, Carl can make it interesting just because the way he talks about it. He's knowledgeable, his Dutch is very good, he has a nice voice. :worship:

VRT, kick that Jacxens woman out of the booth, don't tell me you can't find someone who does this better.

Nemesis
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:03 PM
I don't like Els either, but mainly because she makes so many mistakes ... Many times, she said Likhovtseva to Jidkova in the Capriati-Jidkova match ... :o In the next Capriati match, she said that Capriati won 6-1 6-2 from Jidkova, while the score was 7-6 7-5 (6-1 6-2 was the score from Jidkova's first round match) ... :fiery:
You can say: making mistakes is human, but she doesn't bother to correct them. I mean ... There was such a long silence after she said Likhovseva to Jidkova, I thought she'd be able to think about what she said (like all people do) and apologse that she said Likhovtseva ... But no ...

And many more ... I don't mind about her pronunciation or her voice timbre. It's a bit boring ... But yeah ... But the good thing about her is that she's about the only Flemish commentator that hasn't got a clear favorite between Kim & Justine (which is 100% for Kim in Flanders, of course) ... I've often said to my boyfriend ... I should extort her and take her job for a vacation job ... ;) But then again, I'd not be good because I'd be too pro-Justine, Venus, MoMo, Lena B, Serena, etc. (look at my sig) and a little bit of anti-Kim :devil: , but just to maintain the balance between my commentator who'll be pro-Kim :angel: :p

As I am writing, Carl Van Nieuwkerke is now on for a cycling thing. Though I am a lot less interested in cycling than in tennis, Carl can make it interesting just because the way he talks about it. He's knowledgeable, his Dutch is very good, he has a nice voice. :worship:I hate his voice ... Maybe it's just personal ... And don't you hate his home-made expressions and figurative language like: "the steel legs from the mines of Limburg" or the expression he uses over and over again for Justine (I forgot it, but it's something in the line of "the little girl from Marloie" but even worse than that)??? Let Carl stay where he is right now ... Please :bowdown:

Somehow I like Sabine's commentary best, but not her voice & she can stay awfully silent for a whole time ... Maybe it's her experience ...

Let's bring Roos Van Acker, Christophe Lambrechts (StuBru), Wim Oosterlinck or Peter Van de Veire (that'd be fun :D ) to the commetary booth. They have nice voices ... But they'd need some tennis & objectivity schooling (from me :devil: ) ...

ßcoene
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Did she say Likhovtseva against Jidkova? When I watched this week she said Vakulenko. :haha:

Nemesis
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Did she say Likhovtseva against Jidkova? When I watched this week she said Vakulenko against Jidkova. :haha:Vakulenko! Yes, it was that name (too?) ... I'm pretty sure she also said Likhovtseva to someone else though (and that player was not owning that name ;) ) ... Sorry :o It's difficult to remember two names for the same person :p

E. Blackadder
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:18 PM
can't agree more.

Hagar
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:50 PM
But the good thing about her is that she's about the only Flemish commentator that hasn't got a clear favorite between Kim & Justine (which is 100% for Kim in Flanders, of course) ...
Maybe she just doesn't know which one is Kim and which one is Justine? :devil:

konijntje_00
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I agree!
and i think she's gonna do the commentary of tennis on the olympics also, she said so on radio donna a few days ago

arn
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM
It's really annoying!! For the one time Sparza actually shows a whole week of tennis, I'm hardly watching it because it annoys me more as I'm enjoying it. She just states the obvious and is talking through points. She hardly keeps her mouth and clearly only has some basic tennis knowlegde.

I don't like Carl Van Nieuwkerke either because he's too biased and also talks too much IMO. At least the things he says make sense and sometimes he has information I did not know. Give me the German or BBC commentators anyday!

nicky
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
I agree! I think she's awful :rolleyes: . I'm not very fond of Carl Van Nieuwkerke either, but he does have a better voice and he knows something about the game.
I actually liked Frank Raes' commentary (loooong time ago when he used to be the tennis commentator on VRT).
Nowadays, I try to watch BBC if possible - no better channel for tennis...

Svennovitch
Aug 9th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Carl Van Nieuwkerke used to play in my club, when he was still working for regional TV and wasn't obsessed with cycling. He was a good player, I think he was C15 at that time. So, he obviously knows what he talks about. I like his commentating a lot more than Els Jacxens who doesn't seem to know anything about the game.

I like the Carl/Carl combination the best. Although Carl Maes mostly comentates on Kanaal2.

per4ever
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:52 AM
absolutely awful commentary :o She doesn't know anything about tennis, just terrible.

In Myskina's semifinal against Likhovtseva: Likhovtseva has her first serve, it hits the net and the linesman yells: OUUUUUTTTTTTTTT. Els Jacxens' commentary:"it hit the net so she's allowed to have a new first serve" :rolleyes: Then Elena has a second serve and Els shuts up :tape:

PLEASE SHOW TENNIS WITHOUT ANY COMMENTARY INSTEAD OF ELS JACXENS if there aren't any other commentators..

The Crow
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Haven't seen/heard the recent commentary from Els Jackxens, but I can only imagine. She indeed does not have it.

About Carl, I don't know about him. Sometimes he annoys me, in tennis and cycling, but at least he's better than Els (and Wuyts in cycling :puke: ). Plus, Carl together with Karl Maes or Steven Martens is pretty good.

Karl Maes is the best imo. Very knowledgable (duh!) and funny.

AND BRING BACK MARK VAN LOMBEEK FOR CYCLING!!!!

fleemke³
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:49 AM
... mmm I'm looking for a job ;)

arn
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Fleem, what do you think of co-commentating??? ;) ;)

fleemke³
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Fleem, what do you think of co-commentating??? ;) ;)
Deal :D we can't get worse than Filip Dewulf and Els Jacxens :bounce:

nicky
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:19 PM
... mmm I'm looking for a job ;)

Just remember the objectivity :p ;) :)

The Crow
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
:lol:

Hagar
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:47 PM
In general the people who comment tennis on the Dutch television are not too bad. I love the ones on British Eurosport, esp. whatever combination with Jo Durie.
John Mac is great too but can someone please put something over Boris Becker's mouth.

Brαm
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Dutch television?

Marcella Mesker :o

ans
Aug 14th, 2004, 11:59 AM
UGh, I can't stand the woman. She just sums up what she sees and what everyone can see "And the ball goes out - and she's going to serve - and she hits the net". I even sometimes turn off the sound when she's commentating:tape:
But I love Carl Vannieuwerke (just can't spell his name)!
(I'll always remember the way he yelled when Justine won from serena at RG 2003, he went completely nuts:p or when Xavier and Olli won the doubles)

Stijn
Aug 14th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Well, if they want to kick her out, they'll have to find someone with a firm foot :tape:

:devil:

Emiel Goelen
Aug 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM

Hagar
Aug 14th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Dutch television?

Marcella Mesker :o
Well, they have one woman I know of, is that Marcella?
She's not bad, very Dutch and at least she knows when to shut up.

Elleke
Aug 15th, 2004, 01:02 PM
What is it with you and dutch? I remember I once wrote something in dutch, and you were already complaining that it wasn't right etc. .. I don't care if her dutch isn't that perfect, everyone understands her, I don't see the problem with her dutch..
but ok, you're right, her comments aren't what they have to be.. , but that has nothing to do with her dutch I think

ans
Aug 15th, 2004, 08:33 PM
En oh jawel, onze sympathieke vriendin was er weer tijdens Justine haar match.

Karl, come back!? (of gewoon om het even wie is al goed)

Svennovitch
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:02 PM
She definitely needs a good kick!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Brαm
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Els Jacxsens :drool: http://www.carkeyboi.com/dump/tard.gif

arn
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:19 PM
En oh jawel, onze sympathieke vriendin was er weer tijdens Justine haar match.

Karl, come back!? (of gewoon om het even wie is al goed)
Ze zonden Justine ook uit op RTBF2 ;)

Hagar
Aug 15th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Ze zonden Justine ook uit op RTBF2 ;)
OK, allen zappen richting La2, op de vlucht voor Els J.! :angel:

ans
Aug 16th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Ja maar, op la deux, daar kunnen ze soms ook een beetje overdreven opgewonden doen, vind ik, maar ok, bij het volgende woord van elsje, verhuis ik nr la deux.

ans
Aug 19th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Ok, gisteren heb ik Justine op La Deux gevolgd, de match was nog geen 5 minuten bezig en ineens hoor ik els jackssens op La Deux:eek: . "Ja,ja, Karl, ik kan je horen.". En even later was ze er weer, commentaar gevend, maar dan op La Deux.

Wat is dit? Een samenzwering van Sporza tegen de tennisfans?

arn
Aug 19th, 2004, 03:58 PM
tiens, heb ik niets van gehoord :scratch: (gelukkig maar ;) )

The Crow
Aug 19th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Maar Els Jackxens kan duidelijk ook Pierce haar manierkes voordat ze serveert niet af :yeah: ;)

Diminime
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:44 AM
En zei ze nt, toen Pierce een bal ving tijdens de wedstrijd, dat ze het nog als ballenmeisje kon proberen. Dat vond'k wel wa grof...

Brαm
Aug 20th, 2004, 10:39 AM
En zei ze nt, toen Pierce een bal ving tijdens de wedstrijd, dat ze het nog als ballenmeisje kon proberen. Dat vond'k wel wa grof...
Ik vond 't grappig :devil:

Els :drool:

fleemke³
Aug 20th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Well that didn't seem to be a problem in the past :p

ßcoene
Aug 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Ik vond 't grappig :devil:

Els :drool:Dat vond ik ook grappig. :lol: :eek:

Hagar
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Ok, gisteren heb ik Justine op La Deux gevolgd, de match was nog geen 5 minuten bezig en ineens hoor ik els jackssens op La Deux:eek: . "Ja,ja, Karl, ik kan je horen.". En even later was ze er weer, commentaar gevend, maar dan op La Deux.

Wat is dit? Een samenzwering van Sporza tegen de tennisfans?
Zijn we dan nergens safe? :fiery:

per4ever
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM
dat vond ik ook belachelijk.. ze gaat even vertellen tegen een topspeelster die al twee GS's gewonnen heeft dat ze het ms es kan proberen als ballenraapster :rolleyes:

wanneer begint zij eens te proberen als tenniscommentator? :confused:

Brαm
Aug 20th, 2004, 02:24 PM
dat vond ik ook belachelijk.. ze gaat even vertellen tegen een topspeelster die al twee GS's gewonnen heeft dat ze het ms es kan proberen als ballenraapster :rolleyes:

wanneer begint zij eens te proberen als tenniscommentator? :confused:
Jongens toch, ze maakte 'n grapje :p

Als jullie al wat ze zegt zo onder de microscoop willen leggen, veel plezier :wavey:

Hagar
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:19 PM

Als jullie al wat ze zegt zo onder de microscoop willen leggen, veel plezier :wavey:
Dat hoef je toch niet onder de microscoop te leggen om te weten dat het sucks? Een echte tenniscommentator die er wat van kent, die houdt op zo'n moment gewoon z'n mond.
Doet me denken aan die onnozelaar op Sporza die de draak steekt met gewichtheffers. OK, 't is ook niet mijn sport maar dat is zo respectloos t.o.v. die atleten. Als je 150 kg omhoog probeert te steken, moet er niemand verwachten dat ge ondertussen efkens een liedje gaat beginnen fluiten, hé.

Diminime
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:32 PM
dat vond ik ook belachelijk.. ze gaat even vertellen tegen een topspeelster die al twee GS's gewonnen heeft dat ze het ms es kan proberen als ballenraapster http://wtaworld.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

wanneer begint zij eens te proberen als tenniscommentator? http://wtaworld.com/ubb/confused.gif
http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/haha.gif

ans
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:47 PM

Alé Bramietjen, ge moet toch wel toegeven dat ze er niet veel van bakt. Ik vind haar nog wel ok zolang ze:

- de score juist bijhoudt, zeker in een match van drie sets waar iemand net terugkomt van een 1-5 achterstand
-ophoudt met haar eigen uitdrukkingen te fabriceren (bvb "ze stond erbij en ze keer ernaar, zoals twee beren die broodjes aan het smeren waren" of "ze geeft haar een koekje van eigen laken")
-de namen van de spelers die op dat moment aan het spelen zijn kan onthouden
-af en toe eens leert zwijgen
-geen feiten zelf fabriceert omdat ze denkt dat het zo wel zal zijn

...maar voor de rest is ze wel ok, hoor;)

ßcoene
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Alé Bramietjen, ge moet toch wel toegeven dat ze er niet veel van bakt. Ik vind haar nog wel ok zolang ze:

- de score juist bijhoudt, zeker in een match van drie sets waar iemand net terugkomt van een 1-5 achterstand
-ophoudt met haar eigen uitdrukkingen te fabriceren (bvb "ze stond erbij en ze keer ernaar, zoals twee beren die broodjes aan het smeren waren" of "ze geeft haar een koekje van eigen laken")
-de namen van de spelers die op dat moment aan het spelen zijn kan onthouden
-af en toe eens leert zwijgen
-geen feiten zelf fabriceert omdat ze denkt dat het zo wel zal zijn

...maar voor de rest is ze wel ok, hoor;)

Voeg bij het tweede streepje het volgende bij "ze haalt het onderste uit de kast"

Ik kan ook niet ontkennen dat ze het niet perfect doet, maar ik erger me er gelukkig niet aan, ik vind het eerder grappig. :)

ans
Aug 20th, 2004, 08:59 PM

Voeg bij het tweede streepje het volgende bij "ze haalt het onderste uit de kast"

Ik kan ook niet ontkennen dat ze het niet perfect doet, maar ik erger me er gelukkig niet aan, ik vind het eerder grappig. :)
Ow, ja, die klassieker heb ik ook gehoord daarstraks:lol:

Wimanna
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Doet me denken aan die onnozelaar op Sporza die de draak steekt met gewichtheffers. OK, 't is ook niet mijn sport maar dat is zo respectloos t.o.v. die atleten. Als je 150 kg omhoog probeert te steken, moet er niemand verwachten dat ge ondertussen efkens een liedje gaat beginnen fluiten, hé.
De Kris? :haha:

Toen dieje Chinees die dingen ni omhoog kreeg en zijne coach het ff voordeed hoe het wel moest -met 1 hand- lag ik toch wel strijk zenne :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Crow
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Dat hoef je toch niet onder de microscoop te leggen om te weten dat het sucks? Een echte tenniscommentator die er wat van kent, die houdt op zo'n moment gewoon z'n mond.
OMFG you have to be kidding me. Dat is gewoon het schitterendste van gans dat sporza debacle. En ik denk dat die wel degelijk gewichtheffen becommentarieert om dat hij er iets van kent. Kijken naar sport en ondertussen wat humor derbij, what's the problem? :confused:

En 'k moet zeggen dat ik Els Jackxens meer en meer begin af te kunnen :eek: :eek: Die is soms wel grappig op haar eigenste manier ;) Wat mij wel tegensteekt is hoe ze de kansen van Myskina schromelijk onderschatten. Dieje van 't nieuws ook die even live kwamen toen het 7-5,2-1 of zoiets was: hij zei "'t is heel onwaarschijnlijk dat Myskina kan winnen" Hallo! Arrogantie ten top...

The Crow
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:12 PM
De Kris? :haha:

Toen dieje Chinees die dingen ni omhoog kreeg en zijne coach het ff voordeed hoe het wel moest -met 1 hand- lag ik toch wel strijk zenne :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: idd. En "De Kameroener blaft gelijk onzen Blakkie" :lol: :lol:

ans
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:14 PM
:lol: idd. En "De Kameroener blaft gelijk onzen Blakkie" :lol: :lol:
die was hilarisch:D

zijn moppekes zijn soms echt wel dom, maar ik moet nu eenmaal lachen met domme moppen:confused: :)

The Crow
Aug 20th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Ans :wavey: Persoonlijk vind ik dat gewoon schitterend! Zo pure droge humor. Zou meer moeten gebeuren imho. Die deed vroeger ook de verslagjes voor den Tour de France elke avond en dat was gewoon schitterend. 'k Vind niet dat hij daarmee de sport belachelijk maakt...

Sarah<Kim-fan>
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:31 PM
'uitlaat' gelezen in Humo deze week :p ;)

ans
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:38 PM
'uitlaat' gelezen in Humo deze week :p ;)
* gaat seffes de Humo lezen in bad *

btw, they seem to have kicked her out, or maybe she's having a rest after the Olympics:p

arn
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:29 PM
I fear she will come back :sad: ;)

Come-on-kim
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:53 AM
While on RTBF they finally put someone really good!!! Benjamin Dekeuning (sp???) :hearts: (he is soooo sexy :drool: )

turt
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:52 AM
While on RTBF they finally put someone really good!!! Benjamin Dekeuning (sp???) :hearts: (he is soooo sexy :drool: )
lol, I knew you'd say something like that ;)

Svennovitch
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:54 AM
And who's that? Where should we know him from?

arn
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Does he keep his mouth shut or does he talk all the time? And do you like him just for his looks or does he also have something decent to say? :p

turt
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:26 AM
His name is Benjamin Deceuninck, he's not exactly a "tennis commentator" but he's more and more on air these days. He was a sports journalist for the Journal Télévisé on RTBF, and now he presents the Week-End Sportif.

I like him too, but not for the same reasons than Axel ;) He's quite skilled when it comes to "playing with words", and doing interesting commentaries, and he does not sound stupid everyone he opens his mouth, unlike a lot of sports commentators...

My favourite ones on RTBF are Rodrigo Beenkens (cycling), Gaétan Vigneron & Thierry Tassin (F1), and now little Benjamin ;)

They have in common that they know what they are talking about!

The Crow
Sep 1st, 2004, 11:13 AM
Oh I think I know who it is. Think I've seen him a couple of times on Week-End Sportif.

Come-on-kim
Sep 1st, 2004, 03:26 PM
Does he keep his mouth shut or does he talk all the time? And do you like him just for his looks or does he also have something decent to say? :p
I like him for what he says and his looks doesn't hurt that :p He is really gorgeous :p I first saw him in "Retour à Roland Garros" what a difference compared to Jonathan Bradfer :lol:

Wimanna
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Gaétan Vigneron & Thierry Tassin (F1)
They are absolutely great!!!! When it's a boring race (and there are some) they make it at least a fun to watch. When on Sporza they keep on talking about absolutely nothing, boring voices, and never able to see fast enough what happens on the track. :rolleyes:
A friend a me met Gaétan, and he's really nice :)

Hagar
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Dezer dagen moeten we het met Carlo Wilmots doen. Die man hebben ze waarschijnlijk aangenomen omdat ie Wilmots heette en ze daarom dachten: "Die zal wel iets van sport afweten."

Enfin, 't is iets beter dan Elske.

Maar heb wel gemerkt dat die onnozelaars van Sporza (op Canvas) met een ander probleem zitten: commentaar en beeld zijn niet synchroon!!!
Bij de match van Rochus dacht ik eerst: "Verdorie, die Wilmots kent er echt iets van, die ziet al heel snel dat de bal in het net zal zijn."
Maar toen ik de dubbele fout van Moya voor de tweede keer zag, begreep ik dat de commentaar iets sneller dan de beelden komt en dat werkt op de duur VRESELIJK storend. Volgens mij is dat omdat de commentaar en de beelden via een ander kanaal worden gestuurd.
Heb dat bijvoorbeeld al gemerkt voor de Australian als ik én naar de radio luisterde én naar TV keek; dan was Dirk Gerlo altijd een fractie van een seconde sneller. Maar dat waren 2 verschillende kanalen terwijl het hier van dezelfde bron komt. Dat kan toch niet.
Nee, ze bakken er niet veel van; ik vind het jammer.
Dus wordt het straks weer La2, gewoon veel beter.

Svennovitch
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Dezer dagen moeten we het met Carlo Wilmots doen. Die man hebben ze waarschijnlijk aangenomen omdat ie Wilmots heette en ze daarom dachten: "Die zal wel iets van sport afweten."

Maar heb wel gemerkt dat die onnozelaars van Sporza (op Canvas) met een ander probleem zitten: commentaar en beeld zijn niet synchroon!!!
Bij de match van Rochus dacht ik eerst: "Verdorie, die Wilmots kent er echt iets van, die ziet al heel snel dat de bal in het net zal zijn."
Maar toen ik de dubbele fout van Moya voor de tweede keer zag, begreep ik dat de commentaar iets sneller dan de beelden komt en dat werkt op de duur VRESELIJK storend. Volgens mij is dat omdat de commentaar en de beelden via een ander kanaal worden gestuurd.
Heb dat bijvoorbeeld al gemerkt voor de Australian als ik én naar de radio luisterde én naar TV keek; dan was Dirk Gerlo altijd een fractie van een seconde sneller. Maar dat waren 2 verschillende kanalen terwijl het hier van dezelfde bron komt. Dat kan toch niet.
Dat was op Canvas ook al zo. Ik snap niet dat ze daar niks aan doen!
Ik kijk al een hele tijd alleen maar naar La2. En het is nog goed voor mijn Frans ook :D

The Crow
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:17 PM

Commentaar wordt via een ander kanaal doorgestuurd. Zou in principe heel gemakkelijk moeten kunnen opgelost worden (gewoon een beke extra vertraging op de commentaarslijn steken) maar blijkbaar vinden ze dat niet echt nodig bij de vrt. Prutsers! :mad: