PDA

View Full Version : Who is Keiko Tameishi?

polishprodigy
Mar 9th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Can someone give me the bio on this girl? Is she 40 like Nancy Loeffler-Caro? BEcause, she has played 35 tournaments, (the most of any womens player in the rankings as of my knowledge) and she is only ranked 599! (and dropping!) :o Is she a not-so-good player? Thanks.

TS
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:08 AM
I dont really know anything about her...maybe one of the Japanese fans like danker can tell u more.

She is not that old tho...only around 24 I think. BUt the reason I'm familiar with her name, is the staggering amount of tourneys she plays (as u mentioned) and the fact that she barely wins a game in any of her matches :o

She is propably ranked so high (well, that is high for someone who barely wins!) because she can accumulate a lot of first round points with the amount of tourns she plays. She's won a few matches of course, but barely ;)

I have no idea of her game, so I cant tell u if she is an OK player or very poor...who knows?! The one thing I want to know is, how does she fund her airfares?? She is quite the globetrotter!

Rising Sun
Mar 9th, 2002, 04:53 AM
I don't know much about her but I can tell you the following things:

* She's turning 25 this year.
* She won 4 matches last year with over 30 losses. :o
* She's a lefty.
* Her rankings been about the same, in the last few years.
* She beat Nancy Loeffler-Caro 6-0 6-1 in 2000. :p
* She's already graduated from University, so she has absolutely nothing to lose playing the pros, and even if her tennis doesn't take off ;) she can always fall back on her education. :D
* She must certainly have a love for the game to play this many tournaments (losing most of the time) and not get sick of it. :)

V.Melb
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Good on her - Keiko! :kiss:

her parents must have money to pay for her career which doesn't seem to be taking off :o

polishprodigy
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Yeah, with her crappy play, she will have to fall back on her education. She has 4 wins, probably over low-calibre players like Nancy, Dewonder, Becky, Amy.......Tumeka Harris ;) Only 24? WOW!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 9th, 2002, 11:43 PM
no wonder she's struggling.....

that one game Nancy won of her must have severly dented her confidence.

Poor Keiko

V.Melb
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Hey - Eggy, interested in investing your money into a KeikoTameishi.com? - we can make millions! :D

.......Anyone? ..........

polishprodigy
Mar 11th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Oh yes, Keiko would bring a net LOSS of 120% ;)

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Poor Nancy :( Losing to players other consider losers. lol.

sartrista7
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Keiko's already played Nancy :eek: at Keiko winning TWELVE gamers in a match