29 WC 138 23 DOMACHOWSKA Marta POLvs30 DA 78 14 SUCHA Martina SVK
32 DA 18 2 SMASHNOVA-PISTOLESI Anna ISR BYE

Nastyafan
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
OMG Nastya in the draw:eek:
Are you sure this's a wise decision girl:confused:

balbo
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:07 PM
This isn't a smart decision to build Nastya's game for Olympics and US Open...

BUT, Sopot is a gold mine for easy points.

It's a high Tier III, and Nastya would get around 200 for beating players she should easily crush.

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Nastya has to win 4 matches. It's not a bad way to get to #1.

Nastyafan
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:14 PM
but she can win here only about 100 points because her 17th tourney is already 72points
- that's about one win at SF or QF in Olympics and USO

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Nastya will earn more points by winning tonight and tomorrow.
After Sopot, she has to get to Athens. She's going to miss the opening ceremony.

balbo
Aug 7th, 2004, 09:35 PM
but she can win here only about 100 points because her 17th tourney is already 72points
- that's about one win at SF or QF in Olympics and USO
That's not right...

As of now, Nastya's 17th tournament is Filderstadt... with 44 points. (loss to Bovina yay)

Her 18th tournament is 1 point... and with all the tournaments she played last fall... having an extra 200 point performance in Sopot will really help her ranking.

Nastyafan
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:02 PM
no, Filderstadt was her 17th tournament until this week, now her 17 is Toronto with 50 points but it will come off next week. And 200 points are good but counting the risk of an eventual injury, tiredness and a bad preparation for the biggest events I think it's unwise decision.
Definitely today's and eventual tomorrow's win will bring much more, especially tomorrow's because it will be counted twice - 1.Nastya will gain about 150 points, 2. she will prevent her biggest contender of gaining them

Epigone
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:18 PM
I'm meeting Ola in Sopot tomorrow, and we'll be going to the tournament together for the whole week. We've got press passes, so I'll try to talk to the Russians and report back here.

balbo
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Martin, nobody cares.

Epigone
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Martin, nobody cares.Hi Lina :wavey:

Nastyafan
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:54 PM
I care, especially if Nastya will be really there:angel:
Have a nice week with Ola and we will await your reports with impatience:wavey:

goldenlox
Aug 7th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Say hello to Vera D., and Dinara, and tell them we're rooting for them here in Russian Roulette.

Daniel
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Say hello to Nastya, good luck Anastasia :clap2:

Can she still get #1 ranking in Sopot?

Epigone
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:14 PM
I've seen Dinara practising, and Vera Douchevina playing doubles qualifying today. It looks as though Nastya will be arriving tomorrow. Ooh, and I also got Marat's autograph :cool:

bubble
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:28 PM
I've seen Dinara practising, and Vera Douchevina playing doubles qualifying today. It looks as though Nastya will be arriving tomorrow. Ooh, and I also got Marat's autograph :cool:
Thanks for your report.
Please provide reports on Marat as well. It 's quite a mystery that Marat squeezed Sopot together with the Olympics.. :confused:

Daniel
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Good luck Nastya and Vera D http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/kiss.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/bounce.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/clapsss.gif

cool_olga
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:01 PM
I mam here with Epigone so I saw Vera D. too :D. But she's not the one I like most. i saw Dinara as well and today going to press conference with Marat and Nastya.
But what was the best yesterday was seeing Marat train ing without the shirt :p God he is so hot live, and his face is even prettier in real. I really look foward to seeing nastya, hope she is fine. I am gonna ask her on this press conference if she really is thinking seriously about designing and why.

Anik
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:50 PM
you have pictures of Dinara, Olga ?? :D

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Talk to Vera D. Ask her about her health, her coach, who her hitting partner is. Do her parents travel with her.
What's her schedule. We can't find this stuff out.
Be a reporter, not a groupie.
Give us some information. Don't act like an obsessed fan.

deckham
Aug 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
lol GL.... jeez. that's a lot of questions...let's just hope she primarily talks to nastya. :)_
hope everything goes well over there cool olga and epigone.... let nastya know how much support she has on this thread and i like that question you're going to ask about designing... :yeah:

on the side, can you ask if she doesn't mind having a boyfriend in the States and in Russian... hehehe.... i don't mean anyone in particular... :rolleyes: ... lol. :drink:

Epigone
Aug 9th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Talk to Vera D. Ask her about her health, her coach, who her hitting partner is. Do her parents travel with her.
What's her schedule. We can't find this stuff out.
Be a reporter, not a groupie.
Give us some information. Don't act like an obsessed fan.Hey GL. I've got a form for an interview request with Vera D sitting right in front of me. Since she isn't one of the headline players here, I'm pretty sure that we'll get an interview. I plan to ask her about her health, about her 2002 junior Wimbledon victory over this year's champion, as well as some other things. Thanks for the input, and feel free to add some more subjects for discussion.

Vera was actually standing right in front of me today, but she was in a conversation with people, so I didn't want to interrupt :angel:. However, I did manage to get a picture taken with her :woohoo:. I will hopefully get to have a casual chat with Vera after her next practice session.

In other new, Ola has gone off to a press conference with Marat at a hotel near the courts, while I'm stuck writing a match report for inside-tennis.net, and posting in RR. There is a possibility that Nastya will also be at the press conference, or she might have one tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Sammm
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:12 PM
I'm meeting Ola in Sopot tomorrow, and we'll be going to the tournament together for the whole week. We've got press passes, so I'll try to talk to the Russians and report back here.
How do you get a press pass?? Have a great time :)

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:16 PM
You should always ask - Who's your coach, who's your hitting partner, do your parents travel with you, your schedule, what city do you live in?
Because these situations change. Current information is interesting.

cool_olga
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I have just came back from the conference. Wow it was incredible I have to say. Nastya and Marat were together on one table and people were just asking question one to Nastya and one to Marat. I am working on transcript now hope will do it soon. But have to say I didn't expect Nastya is so easy going, she was laughing at Marat a lot and it was very cool. i wish you all couldn't see that. By the way Nastya looks great live. Off court, I will have pics from this. More later.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:53 PM
That's good. Remember to ask Vera and Dinara questions. We need information.

Epigone
Aug 9th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Don't worry, we'll get you your information! :p

I'm writing my questions for Vera D right now. This will probably be the first Vera D interview that you will have read since the "Getting to Know...Vera Douchevina" piece from wtatour.com last year. It will be great to get the inside scoop from a lower-profile Russian player. We often know very little about them, so this will be a great chance for RR readers to learn some more about Vera.

goldenlox
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Vera and Dinara both last played in the first round at Wimbledon. And both last won a main draw match in the first round of RG.

bubble
Aug 10th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I mam here with Epigone so I saw Vera D. too :D. But she's not the one I like most. i saw Dinara as well and today going to press conference with Marat and Nastya.
But what was the best yesterday was seeing Marat train ing without the shirt :p God he is so hot live, and his face is even prettier in real. I really look foward to seeing nastya, hope she is fine. I am gonna ask her on this press conference if she really is thinking seriously about designing and why.

Marat :drool:
Thanks Olga, will be looking forward to your report on Marat and Nastya 's press conference. :kiss:

saab95
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:54 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/129879.jpg

What did she say yesterday? ;)

Daniel
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Go Anastasia :kiss: :hearts:

Epigone
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:58 AM
OMG, Ola and I chatted with Nastya after she practised on centre court. We only got in coz we had press passes, so nobody else talked to her. She was really nice (there's a surprise :D), and when Ola asked her about the birthday book, she was even nicer (if that's possible). She said that she won't train anymore today, but she'll be at Marat's match tonight. When she left, she asked if we'd be around later!!!! Nastya loves Ola, and I get to tag along. How cool is that? I'm sure that we'll have plenty more news to report on later!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:54 PM
thanx Epigone and Olga :) :wavey:
look forward to your stuff :)

glad u two having fun :)

ys
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Nastya looks tired..

Epigone
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Nastya looks tired..She looked a little tired at practice this morning, so I think that she will just relax until Marat's match tonight.

goldenlox
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Dinara and Vera D. lost before Nastya played her first match.

Epigone
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:11 PM
I was looking forward to seeing either Dinara or Vera face Nastya in the SF, but this tournament has turned into a disaster for me in the space of three or so hours. Marat is also out, and I probably won't get to interview Vera. I guess Nastya will have to provide the highlights for the rest of the tournament.

cool_olga
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM
No intetrview with vera cus she lost :( The man told me she talked to her and asked but she was very upset, she said maybe later what means, we know what that means.
With Nastya is even more harder because she's no.1 seed, she's big star, all people here loves here. She has many interviews to make for tv and stuff. But at least I will make transcript of her conference from today :) Was very nice, Nastya is funny, at some moments when she said something all people were laughing as hell :p So will make this tomorrow morning. But thanks god she won.

goldenlox
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:42 PM
So there are no interviews with anyone. At least you met Nastya.

Epigone
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
So there are no interviews with anyone. At least you met Nastya.Yes, and I'm really disappointed :sad:. They messed up the interview request yesterday when Vera would have been happy after her win. However, I haven't given up on having Vera answer my questions. As long as Nastya is talking to us, there is still a chance that we can get a message passed along.

cool_olga
Aug 11th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I guess u don't know what you're talking about. You can't make any interview without press centre going. You can't do like pass questions to her by other player(Nastya). Impossible and not legal.

KV
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:05 PM
For goodness sake Nastya saved the day. Dinara/Vera returned from injury, esp. for Vera with the same form as yesterday. Probably Vera would be meeting Nastya in the semis. Apart from Nastya this tournaments wasn't to be.

Epigone
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I guess u don't know what you're talking about. You can't make any interview without press centre going. You can't do like pass questions to her by other player(Nastya). Impossible and not legal.I meant asking Nastya to talk to Vera D about making a website, and then she would answer the questions on her own site ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Epigone...... did you put WIN ONLY on the request form ?
pity she couldnt be found after the 1st rd win :(

Who is the WTA Media Co-Ordinator there ?
not an fat-small lady with glasses is she ?

cool_olga
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:32 AM
No we cicled win or loose but the man said she was really sad after the match and didn't want to talk. she said 'maybe later' what we know means maybe next tournament...
And about this we were talking with our men who asks for interviews not any WTA Media person. I haven't seen her even. Why you ask about her so much?

Daniel
Aug 12th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Go Nastya in QF :D

Daniel
Aug 13th, 2004, 09:15 AM
~~~~~~Good luck Nastya in the SF ~~~~~:D :kiss: :yeah:

cool_olga
Aug 13th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Interview with Nastya here. It's not long it was no time but still it was nice to be able to make it :)

http://inside-tennis.net/index.php?action=article&id=105

Epigone
Aug 13th, 2004, 11:03 AM
The weather here in Sopot sux. We wanted to see Nastya practise this morning, but covers are over the courts. She is playing tonight, so I don't know if her match will be affected.

Epigone
Aug 13th, 2004, 01:38 PM
UPDATE 14:30 local time

The first men's QF match was supposed to be underway now, but the rain hasn't stopped, and it doesn't look like stopping anytime soon. After the first match, there is another men's match, then the first women's SF, and then Nastya's match, which won't start before 19:00.

I guess that Nastya will have to play late tonight, or she might have to play two matches tomorrow. Either way, it's not what she needs before the Olympics :mad: