PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone in general messages slag off maria!!!

sharapovarulz1
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Ive only just started to have a little look around the general messages board now and again and have begun to notice all the slagging off and rude remarks they say about maria!! :mad: I think that they are very childish because when i go to make an opinion i get bad rep straight away!!! :fiery: I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this????

Warrior
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:33 PM
On this board, it happens to every player who wins slams.

Lemonskin.
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Ive only just started to have a little look around the general messages board now and again and have begun to notice all the slagging off and rude remarks they say about maria!! :mad: I think that they are very childish because when i go to make an opinion i get bad rep straight away!!! :fiery: I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this????

People hatew her because she's talented and attractive. I don't know why.

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Most people hate her because of the media hype and some annoying fans who keep telling she's the greates and so forth...Which is ridiculous of course, since Maria didn't ask for all that...

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Most of the haters are jealous. They can see Maria doing better than their own faves and they don't like it. The best thing to do is ignore them, smile smugly, and remember the real reasons behind their spite.

Canova
Aug 7th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Its just they are jealous of the best. Like if you visit a football forum, you'll see people slagging off Man Utd and Arsenal. If you are that damn amazing, you will get abused by jealous dickheads.

sharapovarulz1
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Most of the haters are jealous. They can see Maria doing better than their own faves and they don't like it. The best thing to do is ignore them, smile smugly, and remember the real reasons behind their spite.

Good advice eddy!!! i will definatly act upon it!!! :yeah:

Dan23
Aug 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
I think eddyday is right. Many of them are just jealous of Marias early success and the fact shes shaping to be a great player.
I have tried a number of times to have civilised discussion with these haters but it isnt possible.
They may not like the hype currently surrounding Maria but they shouldnt take it out on her by continuously posting insults and stupid comments.
:)

sharapovarulz1
Aug 8th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Thats very true Ils23!!!

lakan kildap
Aug 10th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Filipinos have an old saying, which rarely gets said nowadays, but is still apt. It goes like "ang punong hitik sa bunga ang siyang madalas na binabato." Although it's not possible to translate this directly due to difference in verb voice, it means, roughly:

"people throw stones at trees that have fruit"

Dan23
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:10 AM
"people throw stones at trees that have fruit"
Thanks for posting that Lakan. :)
I think that is exactly the case here with the Maria-haters.

Andy.
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
People are Jealous because she is an imence talent and their favourite players dont have her beauty.

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:05 AM
it's cause some fans made a mess of the gm
turning it into a maria forum

if ppl started a bunch of williams threads in this forum
you ppl would bash them too...
just so those posters will go away

altemix
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:40 AM
They are just jealous. Eddyday is right! The best we can do is ignore gm!

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:42 AM
They are just jealous. Eddyday is right! The best we can do is ignore gm! Ignore gm???
Hell no! That's were all the fun is! ;)
I wouldn't want to miss all those senseless discussions! :D

altemix
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Ignore gm???
Hell no! That's were all the fun is! ;)
I wouldn't want to miss all those senseless discussions! :D

If you have strength enough to dispute with those people. Do it! Good luck to you in fight against Maria's haters! Maybe you could prove something. But I think its just senseless. On the other hand maybe there is a much of fan fighting with them and making them angry.
So good luck to you and show them what the hell is!!! :devil: :smash:

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:54 PM
If you have strength enough to dispute with those people. Do it! Good luck to you in fight against Maria's haters! Maybe you could prove something. But I think its just senseless. On the other hand maybe there is a much of fan fighting with them and making them angry.
So good luck to you and show them what the hell is!!! :devil: :smash: Strength enough? Do remember that you don't have to take things too seriously...;)
I really like discussing...It can be very enjoyable to win a discussion...Plus...You can learn a lot from it...:)
And the best thing is when people start insulting you...That's usually the sign you've won the discussion...:lol:

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:59 AM
WE GOTTA FIGHT....(den den)....FOR THE RIGHT....(den den)....TO PARRRRRRTAYYY..
OR FIGHT FOR MARIA IN THE GM <<sounds liek i ahve a plan a brewing lol

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Whats the plan Andy???

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 03:10 AM
we all pick a day where we all sign on sometime in the day as one big army...at least 30 of us on at one time..we all march into teh gm and shoot down those hater birds with one very big maria painted stone!

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 03:23 AM
we all pick a day where we all sign on sometime in the day as one big army...at least 30 of us on at one time..we all march into teh gm and shoot down those hater birds with one very big maria painted stone!
I think that would start the biggest flame war in internet history with about 100 resident maria-haters returning fire :lol:

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
so we can fire with the best of them.....it woudl be good!

altemix
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Andy Mac
Yeah, really good idea!! That will be funny! :lol: :crazy:

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:50 PM
lol yah man...im up for it! im ready to fight for my women!

sharapovarulz1
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Im in on it andy count me in!!!!!!!!

Alone2Gether
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:12 AM

set a date and i'll be there. supporting 110% for this great cause.

Andy Mac
Aug 12th, 2004, 06:02 PM
haha wow...i cant believe people are actually supporting me idea...thanks guys...we need to set up a date tho...when like its the best day for most of us to come on!!

sharapovarulz1
Aug 17th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I come on nearly everyday so set a date and ill be there dude!!!

Andy Mac
Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
lol alright well everyone needs to put input to a date!

mandy7
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:05 PM
you know what will be funny?
if i post this thread on the gm
and people read what you're upto
and they'll take you down
cause i can't remember the last time a maria fan won an arguement on there :lol:

Frank
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
cause i can't remember the last time a maria fan won an arguement on there :lol: I actually did a couple of times...:o

And it really was the 5-1...

Edward.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:43 PM
So have I.

I personally don't think the riot thing is a good idea. If some of the people on the GM dislike Maria now, they and others will dislike her even more if her fans go out and deliberately cause trouble.

Frank
Aug 23rd, 2004, 06:47 PM
I didn't really get the whole "let's go out and defend Maria" thing either...Come on...Don't take things so seriously...First of all, who cares about what her critics say? It's about your own opinion...Second, if you disagree with somebody you of course are allowed to argue with that person...But make sure you use arguments...Saying "Maria hater! Maria is the best..." is ridiculous and will only cause more hatred against her...(although hatred might be a too big word here...)

Andy Mac
Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:04 PM
you know what will be funny?
if i post this thread on the gm
and people read what you're upto
and they'll take you down
cause i can't remember the last time a maria fan won an arguement on there :lol:
u wuddnt actually do that to me wud you!? :confused: :sad: i stuck up for you mandy wen duiz was slagging you off...u wuddnt rip me off like that now wud ya...and ok then i guess u win neways..u eddy and frank have a point..so scrap the riot idea...i guess i dont relaly care but it still makes me a little mad to kno that they slag off maria there! :fiery: and i wanna shut em up once n for all!

Edward.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 10:27 PM
It makes us all mad. Thats their intention. By creating this thread in the first place, its evidence that they are succeeding.

Andy Mac
Aug 23rd, 2004, 10:49 PM
alright...i et waht your saying and i wont let it get to me...we will jsut ignore them hugly and maybe even be nice to them wen they are slaggin off maria..now that wud make THEM mad lol..thanks eddy..!u may have stopped the biggest andy mac rep masacre in gm history!

Frank
Aug 23rd, 2004, 10:51 PM
You don't have to be nice to them...Just express your opinion...Say what you want to say as long as it doesn't break the Forum rules...

Edward.
Aug 23rd, 2004, 11:14 PM
Don't be offensive either. I usually try to be as polite as possible when arguing a point- as a result, I have barely any bad reps from the GM.

Andy Mac
Aug 24th, 2004, 12:10 AM
o..ok thanks guys!

mandy7
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:02 AM
u wuddnt actually do that to me wud you!? :confused: :sad: i stuck up for you mandy wen duiz was slagging you off...u wuddnt rip me off like that now wud ya...and ok then i guess u win neways..u eddy and frank have a point..so scrap the riot idea...i guess i dont relaly care but it still makes me a little mad to kno that they slag off maria there! :fiery: and i wanna shut em up once n for all!
i just think that if you can't take what they're saying on the gm, you shouldn't go there
and if you go there and start making a big deal, things will get worse
just don't give them a reason to slag her off
you believe maria is talented enough to win more big tourneys right?
well.. if she does, they'll shut up about wimbly being a fluke..
and things will go away

Dan23
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:21 AM
and i wanna shut em up once n for all!
you believe maria is talented enough to win more big tourneys right?
well.. if she does, they'll shut up about wimbly being a fluke..
and things will go away
Exactly.
I have faith in Maria and believe she can win some more big tournaments.
That will be the best way to show those who dont respect her.
Being only 17 with 1 GS already, shes got plenty of time to do a lot more.

No need for GM riots atm :D

lakan kildap
Aug 24th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Exactly.
I have faith in Maria and believe she can win some more big tournaments.
That will be the best way to show those who dont respect her.
Being only 17 with 1 GS already, shes got plenty of time to do a lot more.

No need for GM riots atm :D

To be honest, I have no problem with the current rap against her by her haters that she's only won Tier 3 and a GS. I mean, if she continues like that, Tier 3's and Grand Slams, isn't that a good thing? I'd take a Grand Slam over any Tier 2 and Tier 1 tournament. I'd rather that she be known as a player who only played well in Grand Slams than become known as "Amelie Mauresmo or Kim Cljisters 2."

But that's assuming she doesn't improve. As I see it, the only thing that would stop her improving is if she somehow deludes herself into thinking she's got nothing to improve. I don't think she's that kind of person.

She's only 17. IMO, it doesn't matter if she doesn't win anymore tournaments this year in her limited schedule. As long as she comes back for 5-8, maybe 10 more strong years, winning maybe 2-3 tournaments, including a GS, every year, like Evert did, and just reminding us and the opposition that she's still there, competitive.

Andy Mac
Aug 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
lakan..again...you are right.and so are oyu dan...i guess it doesnt bohter me that much that there are maria haters in the gm...i mean...i dont go there often and when i do it kinda makes me mad but i usally dont post so..