PDA

View Full Version : The Big Off Topic Thread....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Post your pointless comments here!! :rolls:
Anything goes......well just about anything :)

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:26 PM
ok boys heres the deal....we talk about marias non tennis life in here...but nothing too wreckless..like that effin virgin thread(grr) we need to stay civilized and keep this thing real...so if u ahve any pointless topics about maria...post them in here in turn not starting another thread and wasting space lol....well here we go...let the pointlessness.............begins..

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Hey Knerf, what were you saying about Maria's bone density and taste buds??? :lol:

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:50 PM
that she has the bone density and taste buds of a godess!

Sharapower
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Ok, so do you think Maria is good at playing cards ?

(Gees, that's strange but pointless-posting in a specially designed thread dicreases my pleasure) :haha:

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:53 PM
lol im sure shes great at everyhitng when she tries....lol its maria man!

Sharapower
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:58 PM
There's a thing... I always found the Williams sisters were kinda ridiculous with their way of waving at the crowd after a win, but I adore Maria's blowing kisses to the public after her matches.

Double standards maybe ... (nothing racial anyway : I'm black)

Sharapower
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:02 PM
lol im sure shes great at everyhitng when she tries....lol its maria man!
Every little thing she does is magic
Everything she does just turn me on
Even though my life before was tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on...
Those lines seem to have been written (by sting btw) for Maria.

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:11 PM
ahaha yea man check the lyrics to this love beat..
A hundred days had made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand lights had made me colder
And I don’t think I can look at this the same
But all the miles had separate
They disappeared now when I’m dreaming of your face

I’m here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams
And tonight it’s only you and me

every time i hear this song i think......ahhhhhhh maria...espically the chorus..makes me wanna cry

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
The miles just keep rolling as the people either way to say hello
I hear this life is overrated but I hope it gets better as we go

I’m here without you baby but your still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time
I’m here without you baby but your still with me in my dreams
And tonight girl it’s only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won’t take away my love
And when the last one falls, when it’s all said and done
it get hard but it won’t take away my love

thats the rest...beutiful eh guys?

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Knerf, what were you saying about Maria's bone density and taste buds??? :lol: Ah yes...I promised to post that, didn't I?
Ok, here goes nothing..

Does anybody know what Maria's bone density is?
Does anybody know how many taste buds Maria's tongue has?

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM
i dont even know how to measure bone denstiy...u think thers sumeone out there that actually knows this pointless info!?

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:29 PM
OH i forgot....my uncle knows the guy that caught the ball taht maria hit when she won wimby...exiting or what? hes one lucky guy!

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:29 PM
i dont even know how to measure bone denstiy...u think thers sumeone out there that actually knows this pointless info!? Measuring bone density is so simple. Did you never have science?
Anyway, I'll be able to measure it....All I need is one of Maria's bones...But I don't think she'll be willingly to lend me one! :lol:

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:36 PM
ahahahh yea...do you learn how to measure bone density in science before your 15 becuz im 15 and i dunt remember that....i musta been messing around that class or just didnt go

Sharapower
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:37 PM
i dont even know how to measure bone denstiy...u think thers sumeone out there that actually knows this pointless info!?
If I refer to the WTA profiles stats, Maria doesn't have a very high bone density beacuse she's 1,83 m for 59 kgs while Maria Kirilenko is stated 1,73 m and 56 kgs...

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:47 PM
oh right!

Edward.
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Do you think Maria likes drinking coffee or tea in the morning? How many sugars does she take?

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:55 PM
ahaha not sure but glad to seee even our mod is taking a liking to our pointless thread!

Sharapower
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I think coffee is not recommended in her job. I would go for cereals and orange juice.
I'm sure she's a big eater, everyone told that to me.
Hum well no, they rather said "big hitter"...

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:07 PM
well now that shes in montreal shes going for some tim hortons every morning whcih says that maria drinks english toffees!

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Does anyone have a clue about how many cells Maria has? That includes dead cells like hair and nails...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:04 PM
i Love Shara

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:11 PM
i love her more! *hehehe*

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
i love her more! *hehehe*

Keep wishing... I can see with Mashona Washington!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Just joking!!! :lol:

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:09 PM
lolol ok..so we settle it at teh fact that we all love her equally lol

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:42 PM
no... not everybody has their love divided reciprocally... I think some love her more since they know her more and have seen her more, while others less because they are newbies and they know nothing about her... only her pics...

Anyways... If somebody gets to love Maria... his/her/it love couldn't be as high as many people must think they do.

Edward.
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Can't the thread starter rename this thread "The Off Topic" thread? Then it can be more of a general discussion thread. The CP (Danielas forum) has one and it is the most popular thread on the entire forum.

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Can't the thread starter rename this thread "The Off Topic" thread? Then it can be more of a general discussion thread. The CP (Danielas forum) has one and it is the most popular thread on the entire forum. Good idea!

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Renamed as requested :yeah:

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Thank you Ils!

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:41 AM
your welcome :)

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:46 AM
where to now??
what are we gonna do without any matches for 3 weeks??

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Oh well, I'll cheer myself up with a pic of Arsenal's new home shirt- which I am wearing right now! :D

http://www.arsenal.com/images/PreviousSite/root/misc/20042005kit3_l.jpg

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Nah dont wanna know about that soccer crap... :lol: :lol:
This is much better!!
http://media1.santabanta.com/full/cricket/adam%20gilchrist/ada1v.jpg

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Boo...

Lemonskin.
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:59 AM
OK everyones posting about their favourite sports so I will too!

http://www.v8supercar.com.au

http://www.holdenmotorsport.com

:yeah: HOLDENS RULE!

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 05:07 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040806/capt.xjqb11808060208.rogers__cup_xjqb118.jpg

A unidentified man is taken away by security after he ran to the players bench at the end of the Sharapova vs Zvonareva game at the Rogers Cup Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2004 in Montreal.
(AP Photo/Jacques Boissinot)

This wasnt you Tapioca or Andy Mac was it??? :lol:
:haha:

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Apparently he was trying to ask Maria to dinner :)

Tennis fan nabbed on court trying to invite Russian stars to dinner

August 5, 2004
MONTREAL (AP) -- An 18-year-old Russian male who jumped onto the court to invite Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova and Vera Zvonareva to dinner was stopped by security guards at the Rogers Cup tournament Thursday night.
Jim Anderson, head of security for the event, said the spectator was ``a goofy kid'' who intended no harm to the players.
The fan entered the court just as Zvonareva's three-set victory over Sharapova ended, and moved toward the players' courtside chairs. He was grabbed by guards before he could reach the players.
``He had something in his hand, which is why we were concerned,'' Anderson said.
It turned out to be a pen and two pieces of paper. The invitation included the phone numbers of the spectator and a friend in the stands along with an invitation to dinner -- written in Russian -- at a local Russian restaurant.
The spectator is a Montreal resident of Russian origin with no criminal history, Anderson said. His name was not released. He was banned from Uniprix Stadium, but no charges were filed.
``If he comes back, he'll be charged,'' Anderson said. ``He knew he was doing something wrong, but he had never heard of Monica Seles. I think he understands fully now.''
Former world No. 1 Seles was stabbed in the back on court by a spectator during a match in Hamburg, Germany, in 1993, suffering a serious wound.

mandy7
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Oh well, I'll cheer myself up with a pic of Arsenal's new home shirt- which I am wearing right now! :D

http://www.arsenal.com/images/PreviousSite/root/misc/20042005kit3_l.jpg

even though i don't think it's that pretty :p
it looks better on Van Persie :lick:

mandy7
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Nah dont wanna know about that soccer crap... :lol: :lol:
This is much better!!

http://media1.santabanta.com/full/cricket/adam%20gilchrist/ada1v.jpg

1- it's FOOTBALL
2- i just fell asleep wacthing this pic
3- cricket :yawn:

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Very funny and all...That story about the guy arrested...But it still worries me...

mandy7
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:16 AM
you shouldn't be worried
the guy was caught before he even made it half way onto the court..
and he didn't mean any harm :)

unlike bush, who's always thinking of new ways to harm his country :lol: :haha: :rolls:

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:22 AM
you shouldn't be worried
the guy was caught before he even made it half way onto the court..
and he didn't mean any harm :)

unlike bush, who's always thinking of new ways to harm his country :lol: :haha: :rolls: I'm not worried about this particular guy...He was harmless...It's more the fact that I see so much hatred on these boards everyday and some people just aren't really mentally stable...And with the Seles thing in the back of my mind...It just gives me an indefinable feeling...

mandy7
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:37 AM
yeah okay... but it's much harder to pull a stunt like that now

(i've had a small name change, it'll be mandy7 again next week :rolleyes: )

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:24 AM
yeah okay... but it's much harder to pull a stunt like that now

(i've had a small name change, it'll be mandy7 again next week :rolleyes: ) I know it's harder...But it isn't difficult to stab someone who is just walking on the street or something like that...Anyway...I'm not saying this is going to happen...But I just have this not-so-nice feeling for some reason...

Autumn DeMoaner??? What is that supposed to mean?:lol:

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:06 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040806/capt.xjqb11808060208.rogers__cup_xjqb118.jpg

A unidentified man is taken away by security after he ran to the players bench at the end of the Sharapova vs Zvonareva game at the Rogers Cup Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2004 in Montreal.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:09 AM
even though i don't think it's that pretty :p
it looks better on Van Persie :lick:

Here we go Mandarin! :D

http://www.arsenal.com/images/PreviousSite/root/misc/20042005kit7_l.jpg

Alone2Gether
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:48 AM

that's one brave soul...

sharapovarulz1
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I just wanted to say some ppl on the general messages forum are so mean i made a fair point about maria being pretty and a load of ppl decided to bad rep me!!! :fiery: Am i not aloud my own free opinion!!! :sad:

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:53 PM
:haha: :haha: :haha:
:lol: as much as its possible and i woudl love it to be....sadly that wasnt me :haha:but............ :scratch: i think...no it wasnt me hehe!

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:54 PM
thats a good guess tho ils....nice one!

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:55 PM
but alas...my balls are jsut simply not big enough and even to be in that stadium last night woudl make my heart pound...lol

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:37 PM
We havent heard from Tapioca yet :lol:
Was it him??

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:39 PM
i dunno....it cudda been...i mean..the guy was a fan of masha not the other chick so its a possibility

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
nah the guy who was arrested reckoned he didnt know who Monica Seles was, so hes not much of a tennis fan :)

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:46 PM
oh..but he was there to like ask out masha..and ils stop posting lol!

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:49 PM
To change the subject again, there was a thread in the generals today about the tallest WTA player.
I would have thought Lindsay would have been one of the tallest.
Knerf posted a few pics of Maria playing WTT with Lindsay last year and Maria looked a fair bit shorter than Lindsay then.
But if you look at video of the Wimby semi-final, Maria now looks taller than Lindsay.
I reckon Maria has grown a fair bit taller than 6ft now. Would be interesting to measure her :)

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:56 PM
To change the subject again, there was a thread in the generals today about the tallest WTA player.
I would have thought Lindsay would have been one of the tallest.
Knerf posted a few pics of Maria playing WTT with Lindsay last year and Maria looked a fair bit shorter than Lindsay then.
But if you look at video of the Wimby semi-final, Maria now looks taller than Lindsay.
I reckon Maria has grown a fair bit taller than 6ft now. Would be interesting to measure her :) Write her a letter asking her what her height is...:p

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I WILL! man id love to dothat...and get a reply lolol even tho she'd prob be like "wtf whho the h*ll kinda loser wants to know my height...get a life andy mac""hes not gettin my energy and doesnt deserve a reply"

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 05:01 PM
She is certainly over 6 foot now. I reckon she is about 6'1 or 6'2.

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:08 PM
yea id say 6"2

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:24 PM
just posting this to get to 400! hehe<<loook!

sharapovarulz1
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Well done andy on getting to 400 ill be there soon!!!

sharapovarulz1
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Actually probably a while till i get to 400 lol

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM
I am almost on 2000 :aparty:

sharapovarulz1
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Lucky eddy!!! congrats for when you do get to 2000!!! :bdaycake:

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:29 AM
I can see we're really off-topic here...Great!
Does anyone like bread with liver sausage and chocolate sprinkles? It's my favourite! :lick:

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Liver sausage and chocolate sprinkles are good on their own....but not together!!! :eek: :scared:

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Liver sausage and chocolate sprinkles are good on their own....but not together!!! :eek: :scared: Dude! You try one sandwich with liver sausage and chocalate sprinkles, and we'll talk again...You'll be addicted!

Lemonskin.
Aug 7th, 2004, 01:17 PM
:D MOLIK BEATS FARINA-ELIA 7-5 6-3 :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Excellent work, Alicia! Now for the final! I know you have it in you to take it!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

I think it's time for an...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE... OI! OI! OI!!!

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Dude! You try one sandwich with liver sausage and chocalate sprinkles, and we'll talk again...You'll be addicted!

I guess I will try it one day...if I get paid! :p

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:11 PM
I guess I will try it one day...if I get paid! :p Your loss mate...:p I really recommend it...Do you guys have good chocolate sprinkles in the UK? If not, I could send you some really good Dutch hagelslag...You'll love it! :lol:

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Your loss mate...:p I really recommend it...Do you guys have good chocolate sprinkles in the UK? If not, I could send you some really good Dutch hagelslag...You'll love it! :lol:

I don't pretend to be an expert on chocolate sprinkles....but they taste alrite, I guess. :)

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I don't pretend to be an expert on chocolate sprinkles....but they taste alrite, I guess. :) Just between you and me...Put some creamy garlic sauce on top of it...On the sandwich with liver sausage and sprinkles that is...That's just irresistble...;)

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Just between you and me...Put some creamy garlic sauce on top of it...On the sandwich with liver sausage and sprinkles that is...That's just irresistble...;)

Why is my stomach turning? :scared: :unsure:

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Why is my stomach turning? :scared: :unsure: I don't know...It's a delicious snack...You should really try it sometime...If you don't like the garlic sauce you can skip that...I just eat everything with garlic sauce...Carrots and garlic sauce...:lick:

Edward.
Aug 7th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I don't know...It's a delicious snack...You should really try it sometime...If you don't like the garlic sauce you can skip that...I just eat everything with garlic sauce...Carrots and garlic sauce...:lick:

I'm guessing girls are kinda reluctant to try it on with you, right? :unsure:

Frank
Aug 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I'm guessing girls are kinda reluctant to try it on with you, right? :unsure: :lol:LOL:lol: You haven't been spying on me, have you? ;):lol:
You know...I do brush my teeth sometimes...;)
So, have you tried a sandwich with liver sausage and hagelslag yet?

Andy Mac
Aug 7th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Well done andy on getting to 400 ill be there soon!!!
thank you...you will get there quicker than u think~!

Canova
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know when the draw for the US Open is?

Andy Mac
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:12 PM
i ask teh same thing??? anyone!?

Canova
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
i ask teh same thing??? anyone!?

Not that it matters too much as Sharapova's gonna kick ass whoever she plays. :worship: :hearts:

Marcova
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:40 PM
that's one brave soul...

There is talk on another forum that this "brave soul" was just trying to collect a debt he claims Maria owes him and his nephew, for some software or something she is using, and her goons had him ejected from the court and refuses to talk to him. I don't know if it was reported or whether or not it is true.

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Its been quiet here for the last few days :)
Is it the fact Marias not playing at the moment or is the popularity of Nouf's new forum?? :wavey:

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:21 AM
When Maira doesn't play it's soooo boring ...
Anyway, I think it's OK she doesn't play the olympics. I hope she's training fine and smart for the USO. GS's are the real deal, not the Olympics.

I wonder, if Maria is shot in topless modelling pics, will she beat Myskina ? LOL.

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:27 AM
If you were to invite Maria to dinner, which kind of restaurant would you take her to (French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian ... ) ?

I respectfully ask the moderator to ban anyone who would take her to a MacDonald's.

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I respectfully ask the moderator to ban anyone who would take her to a MacDonald's
burger king then? :p :lol:

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Boy, I would pay the most expensive restaurant bill pf my whole life for a dinner with Maria. But then I wonder what I would do when we sit at the table. Maybe I'd sweat more than she does on court or eat the candle, or something like that you now ...

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:03 AM
boy? :lol:
i'm mandy7!!

anyway, maybe she's not THAT materialistic and doesn't care about fancy restaurants :D

Canova
Aug 9th, 2004, 09:17 AM
How does this reping points thing work? Cos I mean I got quite a few bad reps and i had like -5000pts, and i just recently got only 1 good rep and suddenly i have over 10,000pts. Why is this?

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:02 AM
boy? :lol:
i'm mandy7!!

anyway, maybe she's not THAT materialistic and doesn't care about fancy restaurants :D
I know you're Mandy but I wasn't addressing my post specifically to you.

It's not the question of her being materialistic but the idea of giving such a situation a very, hum, well, luxury touch.

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:10 AM
i know... :lol:
and just so ya know..
i wouldn't ever take her (or anyone else for that matter) to a burger king

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:24 AM
i know... :lol:
and just so ya know..
i wouldn't ever take her (or anyone else for that matter) to a burger king
Mandy, if we have the same dates for holidays I'll take you to Paris Fouquet's, I've always dreamed taking a 20 years old dutch girl on the Champs Elysées :devil: !!

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM
How about a home cooked dinner for Maria??? :lol:

BTW Ive changed my name, no longer Ils23, dont know why I had Ils in the first place :)

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:30 AM
How about a home cooked dinner for Maria??? :lol:
My wife wouldn't accept to cook a dinner if I invite Maria :lol:

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Mandy, if we have the same dates for holidays I'll take you to Paris Fouquet's,

I've always dreamed taking a 20 years old dutch girl on the Champs Elysées :devil: !!
can't blame ya :cool:

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:40 AM
My wife wouldn't accept to cook a dinner if I invite Maria :lol:
:rolls:
Yeah good point.
Wouldnt know what to cook anyway, apparently Maria's favourite food is Russian which i'd have no idea about :lol:

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Yes...Her favourite food is Russian...The only Russian dish I know of is "Borsjt"...If that's the right spelling...So I guess it would be a Russian restaurant...:lol: But she also likes Italian bread I read...So that gives some opportunitys...:)

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Oh no! We have an official heatwave now, here in Holland...I hate heatwaves! :mad::p

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Oh no! We have an official heatwave now, here in Holland...I hate heatwaves! :mad::p
Yeah, how warm is it there Knerf?
What do they class as a heatwave in Holland?
:)

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Yeah, how warm is it there Knerf?
What do they class as a heatwave in Holland?
:) I'm not sure...I believe it has to be warmer than 25 degrees celsius for 5 days, with 3 out of these 5 days warmer than 30 degrees celsius...Right now it's just over 30 degrees celsius...

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure...I believe it has to be warmer than 25 degrees celsius for 5 days, with 3 out of these 5 days warmer than 30 degrees celsius...Right now it's just over 30 degrees celsius...
Sounds nice, I love the warm weather. :)
Im hanging out for summer again, just about everyday from December to March is over 30 here.

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:18 PM
we'll have rain tomorrow... if that makes you happy :p

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Im hanging out for summer again, just about everyday from December to March is over 30 here. I'm glad I don't live in Australia then...I like it when it's about 15 degrees celsius or so...:)

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:20 PM
we'll have rain tomorrow... if that makes you happy :p I know! But that'll start in Zealand...And I live more to the northeast...So I'll probably have to wait a while for the rain to start...:sad:

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Im hanging out for summer again, just about everyday from December to March is over 30 here.
hey mate, i'm coming to oz-land next year..
how hot is it from let's say.... may till november? :)

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM
hey mate, i'm coming to oz-land next year..
how hot is it from let's say.... may till november?
They're mainly the winter/spring months and it depends on where you go really.
On the east coast it'll generally be fairly cool over those months, 15-20 mainly and it rains a fair bit over there :).
Over here in the west the winter/spring months are much the same though its a little drier.
If you go up north (the best place to be around now) its in the 30's all year round pretty much :yeah:
Where abouts are you staying?

I'm glad I don't live in Australia then...I like it when it's about 15 degrees celsius or so...
The warm weather is the best for tennis I think.
Get out in the sun and work up a sweat :cool:

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Thinking about it again, we'd usually be up in the high 20's by November.
Thats really a good time if you like nice weather but not too hot.

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
They're mainly the winter/spring months and it depends on where you go really.
On the east coast it'll generally be fairly cool over those months, 15-20 mainly and it rains a fair bit over there :).
Over here in the west the winter/spring months are much the same though its a little drier.
If you go up north (the best place to be around now) its in the 30's all year round pretty much :yeah:
Where abouts are you staying?
we wanna go see the big cities.. and a bit of the country side of course
and we're not leaving the damn island before we've seen a kangaroo!!
that are pretty much our goals.. :p
so.. melbourne, sydney, adelaide, brisbane..
i'm thinking of breaking into the rod laver arena too
and kiss the court
think that's do-able? :lol:

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Hey you forgot the best city in the whole country ... Perth! :yeah:
Do not leave Australia without visiting here.
You shouldnt really have to worry about seeing a kangaroo, theres plenty of places you can go and see them.
..and im sure you could get into RLA to kiss the court :)

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Hey you forgot the best city in the whole country ... Perth! :yeah:
Do not leave Australia without visiting here.
You shouldnt really have to worry about seeing a kangaroo, theres plenty of places you can go and see them.
..and im sure you could get into RLA to kiss the court :)
note to self: perth...go there...has kangaroos :p

okay..so what's easier....
getting into the rla or getting in mark philly's bed?
cause i'm gonna try both :hehehe:

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:12 PM

Mandy :eek: :eek: !!!
Don't you prefer the Champs Elysées :lol: ?

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:15 PM
hehehe, meet my dark side :devil:

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:24 PM

As far as I know Philly's bed is occupied at the moment :lol:
But I dont spose that ever stopped anyone :)

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:26 PM
As far as I know Philly's bed is occupied at the moment :lol:
But I dont spose that ever stopped anyone :)
i could take that delta chick :p

:devil:

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Q. Have you seen [Maria] here?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: Yes, I did. Not really charming. Not really charming. Not really charming. That's what I can say, not really charming (smiling).

Q. She knows who you are?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: I don't know. I mean, you know, who knows. I mean, if she's too scared come on the court play against me, hey, she must know me.

Q. You're saying when you play her tomorrow or the next day, you're going to kick her ass?

SESIL KARATANCHEVA: You know what, I say I'm going to play my best tennis. Normally when I do that, I beat people that are very good. You know, I believe in my game. I believe that my game is something I worked on a lot. I think that if I play it and if I concentrate a hundred percent on something, I can do something unbelievable tomorrow. I mean, that's the way I think. Yes, I do think I can kick her ass off. Yes, I do think that. I'm saying that, I can kick her ass off.

Shouldn't we have a "Karatancheva Bashing thread" here ?
I really find this girl stupid and not likeable.

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't we have a "Karatancheva Bashing thread" here ?
I really find this girl stupid and not likeable. The foolish youth...:o

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah its not really clever to go around saying stuff like that.
If Maria sees that she'll really be ready to give her a hiding next time they play :lol:

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah its not really clever to go around saying stuff like that.
If Maria sees that she'll really be ready to give her a hiding next time they play :lol: I read an interview with Maria in which she responded to this girl...

Sharapower
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I read an interview with Maria in which she responded to this girl...
This one, I guess :

Q. Did you hear what Sesil said?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. The 14-year-old from Bulgaria came in and said a couple weeks ago you were scheduled to play her at Bollettieri's. She said you backed out two hours before the match because the agent said that she said she was going to kick your ass. Then she said she was going to kick your ass when you play in a couple days.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Really? No, I didn't have a match scheduled with her. I thought when I came to the academy, I thought I would play a few of the Bollettieri girls to get a few matches in, but I didn't schedule a time with her or anything, no.

Q. So what do you feel like when a young player, you're a Top 20 player now, a 14-year-old says, "This girl is afraid to play me, I'm going to get her when we play"?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm sure she's a great young player. There are many right now that's here. But, you know, I'm going to wait till Monday and play her the Monday.

Q. Is it hard when you get to your level of being well-known and famous, something which might be a little bit of an argument in the locker room becomes something that we're all talking about?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, it's not an argument. I mean, tennis is a business. I know that. All that matters to me is when I get on the court. You know, my next match is Monday, and that's what I'm looking forward to.

Q. Do you know her?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No.

Q. Do you know anything about her at all?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I mean, I've seen her play a little bit. But, no, I don't know her.

Q. Do you think maybe somebody in your camp could have scheduled a match, a session against her, forget to tell you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I mean, I told somebody at the academy that I wanted to play a few girls there before coming out here, before coming to LA - I was going to LA. That was right after Memphis - I said I'd definitely like to play a few of the girls. But I didn't schedule. I didn't give them a date. I didn't give them a time. I didn't give them any of that information. I did end up playing a few matches with the other girls and boys.

Q. Do you find it offensive when a player uses a vulgarism concerning playing you?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, no. I mean, like I said, this is a business. All I care about is when I go on the court and when I perform. And that's what I'm all about. When I got off the court, anything can happen all around. What matters to me is when I get on the court. That's why, like I said before, I'm just going to wait till Monday. That's where all my business happens.

Q. You seem like such a lady. Have you ever said anything like that about one of your opponents?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I never think about that. But thanks for the compliment.

Q. Are you amused to hear she used that expression "kick your ass"?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, you know, I mean, like I said, she's a young player. You know, sometimes that's just what happens. I mean, like I said, it doesn't bother me at all. I know who I am inside of me. I just can't wait till Monday just to play. So doesn't really bother me at all.

Q. I would assume it would give you a certain measure of extra motivation. You have a lot of motivation anyway, but it gives you a little bit more.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I don't really care. When I go on the court, doesn't matter who it is, it's just numbers. A not ranked player or ranked player, No. 1 in the world, I just want to win. That's what I want to do with every player. I don't care who it is.

Q. Did you have a similar motivation when you were coming up, that you could beat everyone?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, no, I didn't think I could beat everybody. But I did have in my mind that I could win. I don't think I've never in my life went to a tournament and thought that I really don't think I should be here. I mean, unless I was sick or something, or if I wasn't feeling well. But other than that, when I go to a tournament, you know, I know that I want to win, that's the bottom line. If that's not my attitude, then I don't know what I'm doing there.

Q. When Monday is over, the tennis business is done, is it something you would consider talking to her about? Once the match is over, is it something you might consider having a chat to her about this?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: With her?

Q. Yes.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I think there's a lot of WTA Tour staff, and there are a lot of programs and media training. I'm sure, because she is young, she's just come on the tour. I mean, they have a program where they teach about everything. I went through this. I mean, you have to learn about everything. I'm sure she will. I wouldn't worry about it.

Q. Something perhaps you could sort out between you personally to make sure there's no hard feelings?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I'm not offended. I don't need to solve anything.

Q. With all that said, you're not afraid to play her, as she claims?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: Afraid? Afraid of what?

Q. To play her. She said you were afraid to play her.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: I am afraid?

Q. To play her.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: That's what she said?

Q. Yes.

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I've never even known her before, so I don't know. I've never even thought about her in my life.

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:11 PM
This one, I guess : That's him...:)

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Geez those people asking the questions were really trying their hardest to get Maria to retaliate and say something back. :lol:
I quite admire the way Maria never mouthes off about another player regardless of their rank, age or what they may have said.

Frank
Aug 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Geez those people asking the questions were really trying their hardest to get Maria to retaliate and say something back. :lol:
I quite admire the way Maria never mouthes off about another player regardless of their rank, age or what they may have said. She's just a very nice girl...:angel:

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:38 PM
YO EDDY!!
when you get your mod powers will you PLEASE! delete a couple of threads on this board
it's getting out of hand

for example...
who cares if she's ever gonna get married

Andy Mac
Aug 9th, 2004, 05:47 PM
hey mandy..i agree with you! go eddy!

Dan23
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:40 PM
YO EDDY!!
when you get your mod powers will you PLEASE! delete a couple of threads on this board
it's getting out of hand

for example...
Yes all that pointless discussion should be in here!
Quasimodo was getting a bit excited!!
Also the Maria's nose thread was a bit ridiculous too :)

Andy Mac
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:08 AM
lol yah altho ia gree on it....maria has a heavenly nose!

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:25 AM
threads i can live without! :

- Poll: When Is Maria Getting Married? (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127833)

- Poll: Is Maria getting Married? (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127064)

- Without Sharapova, don't you think... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127760)

- Latest Japanese magazine covers! (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127698)
-> (cause there is a picture thread!)

and that's just a few..

so please..
MODERATOR!!!

Dan23
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:44 AM
so please..
MODERATOR!!!

There isnt one in here yet!! :eek: :)

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Yes all that pointless discussion should be in here!
Quasimodo was getting a bit excited!!
Also the Maria's nose thread was a bit ridiculous too :)
Me ?? Excited ??? :eek:

"Maria's Nose" is a GREAT thread (It's 11th as per number of views :haha: )

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:49 AM
There isnt one in here yet!! :eek: :)

yeah, didn't ya notice yet?
we had a vote, Eddy won (eddyday)
but he obviously doesn't have his mod powers yet
and i hope as soon as he gets back and gets his mod powers
he'll delete useless and braindead threads :D

i mean, we have an off topic for the not too important news
and a picture thread for all new pictures...

i really don't understand why ppl have to make new threads about everything :scratch:

Dan23
Aug 10th, 2004, 07:57 AM

i really don't understand why ppl have to make new threads about everything :scratch:
Yeah exactly!
I voted in the poll for the moderator but I didnt think Ed had got his super-powers yet, so yep there wont be a mod til he gets back :)

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:03 AM
and till then we're gonna have to put up with a lot of :bs:

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:11 AM

What about human rights :lol: ???

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:21 AM
screw human rights :p

no seriously.. i have nothing against human rights..
i just think that stupid people don't have
the right to annoy other ppl with their stupidity :lol:

lakan kildap
Aug 10th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Me ?? Excited ??? :eek:

"Maria's Nose" is a GREAT thread (It's 11th as per number of views :haha: )

Thank God Maria does not have a pet cat. :D

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Thank God Maria does not have a pet cat. :D
I don't get it :confused:

lakan kildap
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Now that we're into off topic threads, I think it's time the fans of Daniela Hantuchova sounded the "weight problem" alarm bells once again, this time in the opposite direction.

I think Daniela is getting too fat. She's got two chins already. Somebody raise the alarm!!!!!

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:43 AM
raise the alarm?
i'd like to raise my foot up your ass!

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:26 AM
raise the alarm?
You're sooo violent my dear Mandy :lol:

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:32 AM
You're sooo violent my dear Mandy :lol: That's typical for people who live in Rotterdam...;):p:lol:

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:14 PM
watch it 'boertje'

it's just not wise to talk shit about Danka..
not when i'm around

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:17 PM
There's a Maria Poster in the French Tennis Magazine plus ratings of each department of her game by Arnaud Decugis (Julie Halard husband and ex-coach). Nothing really new though.

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:21 PM
watch it 'boertje'

it's just not wise to talk shit about Danka..
not when i'm around
Hey he's not talking shit. I also noticed that Daniela might have some excessive "fat" currently so she should be careful not to let it go this way too much. Just find the right balance.

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:23 PM
danka looks great
and i'm getting sick of the people who are always complaining about her weight

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:41 PM
danka looks great
and i'm getting sick of the people who are always complaining about her weight

I agree with you that she looks great but it's not really about her look. Just consider that athletes weight is an issue related to how they would perform. Last year Danka was under her optimal weight so she frequently ran off of gas in matches. Now I think she's slightly above this optimal, which is ok but if she has an excess weight of 5 kgs or more that might affect her mobility. So she needs to pay attention to it and have muscles rather than fat.

What did Krajicek say :lol: ?

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 12:52 PM
which Krajicek? and when? and about what?

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:13 PM
which Krajicek? and when? and about what?
Richard Krajicek, I don't remember when but he had "strong words" about female players fitness.

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Richard Krajicek, I don't remember when but he had "strong words" about female players fitness. Ah yes! I remember...
He said something like he thought 75% of all female players were fat pigs...

mandy7
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:20 PM
yeah, years ago, before his little sister started playing
he said sorry though
so bygones :)

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Here it is:

"I may have exaggerated a bit when I said that 80 per cent of the top women tennis players are fat pigs. It's only 75 per cent."
Richard Krajicek (1992)

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:26 PM
"Fat pigs" is kind of insulting but I agree with the general sense of his quote, I think most of female tennis players do not care enough about their fitness than other disciplines female athletes.

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:28 PM
"Fat pigs" is kind of insulting but I agree with the general sense of his quote, I think most of female tennis players do not care enough about their fitness than other disciplines female athletes. Don't you think it was a (semi) joke?
Although I must admit there are a lot of female players who could be more fit if they wanted to, to say the least...

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Don't you think it was a (semi) joke?
Although I must admit there are a lot of female players who could be more fit if they wanted to, to say the least...
I don't think it was even the quarter of a joke... Richard also said that the only female tennis matches he would watch were those with Anna Kournikova playing :lol: ... (Sure he changed his mind since Michaela is playing on pro tour).

Concerning fitness, I tend to think that a lot of women's injuries could be avoided with a better physical training. I also think more athleticisim would increase the general level of WTA matches.

Service and fitness are the big weaknesses of the field. Those who work it out more seriously win slams. That's just obvious.

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM
I don't think it was even the quarter of a joke... Richard also said that the only female tennis matches he would watch were those with Anna Kournikova playing :lol: ... (Sure he changed his mind since Michaela is playing on pro tour).

Concerning fitness, I tend to think that a lot of women's injuries could be avoided with a better physical training. I also think more athleticisim would increase the general level of WTA matches.

Service and fitness are the big weaknesses of the field. Those who work it out more seriously win slams. That's just obvious. I agree with the last part...Service and fitness are major weapons in woman's tennis...Well...Also in men's tennis come to think of it...:)

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Okay, I really hope Maria wins the USO so I can dance on GM basher's heads ...

Canova
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:16 PM
What Tier is Pilot Pen? I or II?

Sharapower
Aug 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM
What Tier is Pilot Pen? I or II?
Tier II $ 585 000

Frank
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Okay, I really hope Maria wins the USO so I can dance on GM basher's heads ... I think you can forget about that...They'll probably come up with some excuse...Like this and that player was slightly injured, or that the referee was on her side, or that IMG bribed the other players in order to let Maria win...
Nah...You can really forget about that...:p

Canova
Aug 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Say if Maria was to lose in the US Open final, some dickheads in the GM will say she's a choker and shit like that. :fiery:

Andy Mac
Aug 10th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Say if Maria was to lose in the US Open final, some dickheads in the GM will say she's a choker and shit like that. :fiery:
hey man...mello out dude..not soo uch swearing or the mods or what not wont liek that! but yah even if maria loses int eh first round or whatever..they will attack her! :fiery:

Dan23
Aug 10th, 2004, 11:53 PM
If Maria makes the USO final, then shes at least the 2nd best player in the tournament, which for a 17 year old, just after winning Winmbledon would be a great achievement.
Anyone bagging Maria then would be complete idiots, she has a 100% record in GS finals at the moment so she definitely cant be called a choker.

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:15 AM
To start another discussion that would probably please quasimodo... :lol:

I think Maria has easily the best legs in womens tennis!!
...and Boris Becker agrees with me:
"The multimillion-dollar deals are going to be thrown at her now, especially as she has also taken away from Steffi Graf the mantle of having the best legs ever in women's tennis."

But I think ill go one step further and say they are the best legs in womens sport worldwide...big call but I think I can back it up :yeah:

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
For a start:

http://www.mariaworld.net/frenchopen0411.jpghttp://home.iprimus.com.au/walkerdjb/Sharapova53_montreal2004.jpg

lakan kildap
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:17 AM
raise the alarm?

Hey Mandy, my first ever post on this forum was to give props to Daniela. Check it out.

You really need to lighten up.

This was about off-topic subjects. Being a Daniela fan, I just raised the alarm myself. From the reaction of other posters, I think I was right.

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:28 AM
hey dan i totally agree with you...but lets even take this a step FURTHER and say she has the best legs outta anyone ! lolol let alone womens sport!

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:30 AM
by the way that first pic of her in the red dress......WOW! nice picture of her...she has the best body EVER.....its great...shes talented and looks to kill (a true angel from a russian heaven)

Marcova
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:44 AM
hey dan i totally agree with you...but lets even take this a step FURTHER and say she has the best legs outta anyone ! lolol let alone womens sport!
Better than Marilyn Monroe?
Better than Blondie?

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Better than Marilyn Monroe?
Better than Blondie?
Yep id say so, they werent 6'2"!!

Show us some evidence Marcova :lol:

mandy7
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:24 AM
threads i can live without! :

- Poll: When Is Maria Getting Married? (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127833)

- Poll: Is Maria getting Married? (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127064)

- Without Sharapova, don't you think... (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127760)

- Latest Japanese magazine covers! (http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127698)
-> (cause there is a picture thread!)

and that's just a few..

so please..
MODERATOR!!!

add this one to the list

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127972

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:51 AM
It's funny but maybe I'm a "thread-killer" : regularly when I post something in some threads (especially Maria bashing threads), the thread dies :haha: ...

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 09:00 AM
It's funny but maybe I'm a "thread-killer" : regularly when I post something in some threads (especially Maria bashing threads), the thread dies :haha: ...
If you're referring to the GM thread "Why are there so many Sharapova haters", I liked your finish on that one :yeah:

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 09:07 AM
If you're referring to the GM thread "Why are there so many Sharapova haters", I liked your finish on that one :yeah:
Yep that was the last example :lol: . But it happened before.

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Gosh !!! The thread is still alive ...

Canova
Aug 11th, 2004, 11:29 AM
To start another discussion that would probably please quasimodo... :lol:

I think Maria has easily the best legs in womens tennis!!
...and Boris Becker agrees with me:
"The multimillion-dollar deals are going to be thrown at her now, especially as she has also taken away from Steffi Graf the mantle of having the best legs ever in women's tennis."

But I think ill go one step further and say they are the best legs in womens sport worldwide...big call but I think I can back it up :yeah:

For sure, no one else even comes close! :hearts:

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 12:41 PM
For sure, no one else even comes close! :hearts:
Maybe some gymnasts though...

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Maybe some gymnasts though...
True, some gymnasts have nice legs.
But there wouldnt be any over 6ft with a nice sun tan :)

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 01:36 PM
I'm thinking I couldn't psychologically handle being Maria Sharapova currently, thinking of the upcoming USO...

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Gee it sure is quiet here in the SS forum tonight...
Where is everyone - Knerf, Quasimodo, Mandy, Andy, Duiz, Lemonskin????

Dan23
Aug 11th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking I couldn't psychologically handle being Maria Sharapova currently, thinking of the upcoming USO...
Yeah it would be tough..
Maria would be trying to tell herself that shes only 17 and has won a GS already this year so dont expect too much too soon but deep down Im sure she would be feeling the expectation of the fans, media etc and it wouldnt be easy.
Im not expecting a hell of a lot from Maria at the USO. All I think we should be after is a solid performance and some further improvement in her game, this is only her 2nd US Open.
I think shes a bit hard done by regarding her performances on Hardcourts as she hasnt got a bad record the speed of her game is still suited to the fast courts. She just needs to be more patient against the cleverer players and keep the pressure on the opponents.

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 02:04 PM
it's deadly quiet for long hours.

Canova
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:16 PM
When is the draw for the US Open?

Sharapower
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
When is the draw for the US Open?
Don't be so impatient, there's still Pilot Pen before...
Anyway somewhere around august 28th.

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Gee it sure is quiet here in the SS forum tonight...
Where is everyone - Knerf, Quasimodo, Mandy, Andy, Duiz, Lemonskin???? I've been in Amsterdam for the entire day...But I'm back now...:)

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:52 PM
oo amsterdam...waht u do there?? lol smoke some of the stickiest of the ickiest with the old man!? ahaha

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM
oo amsterdam...waht u do there?? lol smoke some of the stickiest of the ickiest with the old man!? ahaha Normally I wouldn't respond to this...But since this is The Big Off Topic Thread...Oh well...:p
If I wanted to smoke weed I wouldn't have to go to Amsterdam since there's a coffee shop in the town I live in...;)
So that wasn't the reason I've been to Amsterdam...

I visited the university I'll be attending after this summer...I had to pick up something and I just wanted to have a look...:)

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:10 PM
oh.....lol your going to uni..nice man congrats....and im geussin then u jsut smoke the reef!

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:14 PM
oh.....lol your going to uni..nice man congrats....and im geussin then u jsut smoke the reef! Smoking weed isn't really a challenge here...But that doesn't mean everybody does it...;)
There are plans on illegalizing weed here by the way...:)
And thanks for the congratulations...:)

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:32 PM
no problem and WAT! tthats where all us americans and canadians plan to go one day to get euro laid and smoke lots of weed legally! (not me of course)

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:38 PM
no problem and WAT! tthats where all us americans and canadians plan to go one day to get euro laid and smoke lots of weed legally! (not me of course) Of course not you...;)
Anyway...The problem is...The French have always condemned "our" drug policy...And now with the European Union and stuff...Rules are more and more made at European level...Not national level...And since the French have more "weight" in the European Union than The Netherlands...Well...You can fill it in...Also...Politicians here in Holland want to illegalize it...So it's coming from 2 sides actually...:)
Right now the law is idiotic anyway...It's illegal to grow weed, but it's legal to buy weed...So...Coffeeshops have no other choice than to buy weed from illegal growers...So it's illegal to grow...But when it's brought to a coffee shop, it becomes legal all of a sudden! :confused:

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:46 PM
ahahahits stupid but as long as its legal to buy in teh coffeeshops im sure u guys are happy right....isnt liek amsterdam teh main place in europe to get laid? lol

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 07:52 PM
ahahahits stupid but as long as its legal to buy in teh coffeeshops im sure u guys are happy right....isnt liek amsterdam teh main place in europe to get laid? lol To get laid???
Well...If you're refering to the red light district...Yes...There is one...:) A very famous one to be honest...It's in a old district of the city...There are also excursions and stuff like that there...
But take one advice from me...Don't go there at night...;)

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:05 PM
so i go there at day to get laid lol! lol y not go at night?

Frank
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:08 PM
so i go there at day to get laid lol! lol y not go at night? Well...First of all...It has become more of a touristic attraction than it's original purpose...Although there are still prostitutes there...
It's just not safe at night...Lots of drug dealers and nasty stuff like that...

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:13 PM
oh true...wel i geuss i believe ya...BUT MY TOMMYGUN DONT! <<ahah!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:22 PM
I Love Shara

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:32 PM
huh*confused*

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 08:54 PM
hye...my neighbohr looks liek identical to amile meuresmo but with blonde highlights lol

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:08 PM
200th post at this stupid off-topic on-topic thread!

Andy Mac
Aug 11th, 2004, 10:47 PM
actaully u were 201 and this is the 202nd of this really kool thread lol!

Dan23
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:45 AM
hye...my neighbohr looks liek identical to amile meuresmo but with blonde highlights lol
My neighbour looks like Jen Capriati but about 20kg heavier :eek:

Alone2Gether
Aug 12th, 2004, 04:01 AM
this thread is such a good idea...now if we want to see something that is not related to Maria, we come here. Post # 204.

Dan23
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:13 AM
In an article I was reading about Maria today, it said she enjoys stamp collecting :)

Anyone here collect stamps? I dont but maybe I should start :lol:
I wonder how many shes got??

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:26 AM
i wonder who got her that crazy :p

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:05 AM
In an article I was reading about Maria today, it said she enjoys stamp collecting :)

Anyone here collect stamps? I dont but maybe I should start :lol:
I wonder how many shes got??
I did when I was very young. It might be a great investment :devil: .
I prefer her collecting stamps rather than boyfriends like did Martina Hingis :haha:

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 11:33 AM
oh my !!!

this board is sleeping, I posted 2 hours ago and nothing changed since then !!!

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:23 PM
sorry for saying this..
but that's cause the board is slowly turning into a big pile of total :bs:

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:24 PM
It's not sleeping!

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:29 PM
it should be :p

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
ahhhhh

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:36 PM
it should be :p And that from somebody who again gives up her favourite...Placing Daniela at the bottom of your signature...tss, tss, tss...:p

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:39 PM
And that from somebody who again gives up her favourite...Placing Daniela at the bottom of your signature...tss, tss, tss...:p
poor Daniela :haha:

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:50 PM
it's my OLYMPIC signature
and I'm dutch first :)

"oranje-gevoel"
you know that feeling right knerf?

anyways.... Danka is still my #1! :D

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 12:59 PM
http://www.mariaworld.net/wimbledon04168.jpg
Hungry anyone ? Share a banana ?

:silly:

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM
it's my OLYMPIC signature
and I'm dutch first :)

"oranje-gevoel"
you know that feeling right knerf?

anyways.... Danka is still my #1! :D Haha...Yes, I do know that feeling...;)
But now I have a question for you...Let's say there is this very good Dutch tennis player...Michaëla Krajicek perhaps in a couple of years...And she would be playing Danka...Who would you be cheering for? :) And you have to choose either one of them! Not both! :p

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Hmmmm! That banana is looking good! No brown spots on it and things like that...:)

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:08 PM
sometimes one would like to be a banana :haha:

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Haha...Yes, I do know that feeling...;)
But now I have a question for you...Let's say there is this very good Dutch tennis player...Michaëla Krajicek perhaps in a couple of years...And she would be playing Danka...Who would you be cheering for? :) And you have to choose either one of them! Not both! :p
oooh, tough question..
real tough..
uuuuuhm... depending on the tournament
and the points they have to defend..
uhhhhm

no seriously.. i don't care
if danka wins then i hope that misa wins the next one
and if misa wins i hope danka wins the next one :D

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:11 PM
oooh, tough question..
real tough..
uuuuuhm... depending on the tournament
and the points they have to defend..
uhhhhm

no seriously.. i don't care
if danka wins then i hope that misa wins the next one
and if misa wins i hope danka wins the next one :D That is such a diplomatical answer...:rolleyes:

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Btw anyone has got a pic of Mickaela ?

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Btw anyone has got a pic of Mickaela ? http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3171/21239371239krajicek.jpghttp://www.*****************/ajt/images/208.794128.jpg

mandy7
got loads at home, but i'm at work now :p

mandy7
That is such a diplomatical answer...:rolleyes:
just can't chose :rolleyes:

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:21 PM
http://photo910.tripod.com/sfotohtm/sphoto/kra5436s.jpg

At the right:
http://www.nowyoudidit.com/sports/katerinabohmovaandmichealakrajicek.jpg

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:24 PM
got loads at home, but i'm at work now :p \
I'm glad I ain't your employer then...Spending your valuable time on a board like this...:rolleyes::p

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
http://www.fotodatabase.nl/foto/Fotografen/ProShots/Tennis/Spelers/Dames/Krajicek,_Michaela/michealla-verfrissing.jpg

Dan23
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
sorry for saying this..
but that's cause the board is slowly turning into a big pile of total :bs:
I wouldnt say the whole board is turning to :bs:
Aside from this thread :haha: (and a few others regarding marriage and attacking the GM haters which may be cleaned up when a mod arrives :lol: ) the forum is generally running OK but I think the boredom of no tennis for Maria for a few weeks is starting to set in.

Bring on Pilot Pen :)

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:29 PM
didn't mean the board actually,
i meant this forum, the maria forum

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Michaela is 15 correct ? She's a big girl. Certainly a future big rival for Masha (hopefully for Michaela).

I wonder if Richard would coach her some day ? If he doesn't become a great lawyer

Dan23
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:36 PM
didn't mean the board actually,
i meant this forum, the maria forum
Yeah I know :)
I was talking about this forum too!

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:38 PM
(...) but I think the boredom of no tennis for Maria for a few weeks is starting to set in.

Very true.

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:45 PM
This is The Big Off Topic Thread, isn't it? We can post anything we want here...As long as it's not violating the rules of this board...This place is meant for boring days like this one...:)

Dan23
Aug 12th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Yep sure is, thats exactly what this thread is for :yeah:

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:00 PM
going home :woohoo:

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:03 PM
going home :woohoo: What do you do? Bulb peeling?:p

Sharapower
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:04 PM
I've never seen such a dedication in hatred as Bandabou's :haha:

Marcova
Aug 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I wouldnt say the whole board is turning to :bs:
Aside from this thread :haha: (and a few others regarding marriage and attacking the GM haters which may be cleaned up when a mod arrives :lol: ) the forum is generally running OK but I think the boredom of no tennis for Maria for a few weeks is starting to set in.

Welll I'm no experton 17 year old girls, but two of my daughters are about that age and all they think about is boyfriends and marriage.

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:29 PM
What do you do? Bulb peeling?:p
i'm the youngest at an accountants firm actually

Welll I'm no expert on 17 year old girls, but two of my daughters are about that age and all they think about is boyfriends and marriage.
talk to them, cause that's not healthy
the boyfriend part is, but the marriage part...
not healthy at all
they need to go out and have fun first before they settle down
and spend the rest of their lives wondering what they missed out on

mandy7
Aug 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
200th post at this stupid off-topic on-topic thread!

the off topic thread at the Cp is 221 pages long

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=77187&page=221&pp=40

but it does keep the rest of the board nice and clean :worship:

Andy Mac
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:45 PM
it does...i like this off topic thread!

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Everybody! I changed my name...I'm Frank now...Not Knerf anymore...

And Mandy...You got a Dutch flag! The Oranje gevoel must be pretty strong around the Olympics I guess...:)

Frank
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:34 PM
People! I'll be leaving for a couple of days....I won't be back till either monday night or tuesday morning...Try not to miss me too much...But if you do...Remember how much fun it will be again when I'm back...;):p

:wavey:

Andy Mac
Aug 12th, 2004, 09:36 PM
lol ahha...next monday im leaving for a week!! ! ! ! ! ! so u guys will def miss me then! im a missible kinda guy! have fun whereever u are going frank!

Edward.
Aug 14th, 2004, 11:15 AM
YO EDDY!!
it's getting out of hand

for example...

For sure, I already have a big clean out planned! :devil:

But Poe is not responding- any suggestions on what could be done?

Edward.
Aug 14th, 2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/3171/21239371239krajicek.jpghttp://www.*****************/ajt/images/208.794128.jpg

She REALLY looks like Dinara Safina! :eek:

Andy Mac
Aug 14th, 2004, 02:36 PM
hey eddy..does your big plan incude gettin rid of me *sad*?

Edward.
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:12 PM
hey eddy..does your big plan incude gettin rid of me *sad*?

Nope, don't worry!

Andy Mac
Aug 14th, 2004, 03:41 PM
ok thank you! *hug* (im not gay tho so chill)