Pages : [1] 2

saab95
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:44 AM
swiss posted in GM
"fed cup final in Moscow for the fourth time in six years "

has anyone more info?

fresh2flash
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Don't have a confirmation yet, but they do decide today.

saab95
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM
but it was posted like they done. ;)
Shamil said "yes" last moment, he had to have reasons for that step,
exept Luzhkov's opinion & support.

fresh2flash
Aug 5th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Shamil said "yes" last moment, he had to have reasons for that step, exept Luzhkov's opinion & support.Frankly speaking I don't want it to be played in Russia. ;) Nice is my choice.

kodeRED
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:15 PM
i want it russia .. finally after being robbed last yr elena dementieva will have her chance to play for it in moscow and she with myskina will win no doubt!

fresh2flash
Aug 6th, 2004, 12:11 PM
So it's official.
http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=10492

This time they should take it.

saab95
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM
The draw for the semifinals will take place on 10 September 2004 in Moscow at the opening of the new venue where the Finals will be staged.

strange new place for tennis - 5,200 seat Ice Stadium Krylatskoe

ys
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Frankly speaking I don't want it to be played in Russia. ;) Nice is my choice.
We can have it in Moscow just as Nice. ;)

No. If it is in France, I'd prefer Paris. Paris is a place where Russian always break through. That's a good ole tradition.

the cat
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Freshy is a tad overconfident. ;) I certainly hope Russia plays well and win their first Fed Cup title. :D But why should Russia be favored to win and beat France this year when they couldn't beat France last year? Are any players other than Myskina really dependable for Russia? I don't think so. And who will Russia's second player be after Myskina?

goldenlox
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I think Anastasia and Vera have both improved. I welcome a rematch with France.
It won't be easy. But this isn't 2003.

goldenlox
Aug 6th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Moscow will hold the Fed Cup semifinals and final in November, the second straight year it has hosted the conclusion to the top team event in women's tennis.

The International Tennis Federation said Friday it chose Moscow ahead of Nice, France, and Garmisch, Germany. Defending champion France, Russia, Spain and Austria have reached the semifinals, with the draw Sept. 10 in Moscow.

The decision to award the event to Moscow is subject to an agreement with a promoter. The matches will be played the week of Nov. 22 on carpet at the 5,200-seat Ice Stadium Krylatskoe, which is in the final stage of completion.

ITF president Francesco Ricci Bitti cited the boom in Russian tennis, noting seven women are ranked among the top 20, including French Open champion Anastasia Myskina and Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova.

"As they did last year, the Russian Tennis Federation will do an outstanding job in hosting and promoting the 2004 Fed Cup finals," Bitti said. Christian Bimes, president of the French tennis federation, called the decision to play in Moscow "financially motivated."

ys
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:25 PM
strange new place for tennis - 5,200 seat Ice Stadium Krylatskoe
So, we will be playing on ice. Good choice of surface. Wrap it for Russia already.. We should have played every single tie on the surface,

ys
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Christian Bimes, president of the French tennis federation, called the decision to play in Moscow "financially motivated."
Just few years ago same very people were saying that Moscow does not deserve Tier I because it doesn't have money for that. Now they are crying wolf saying that we have too much money.. Cry me a river..

fresh2flash
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
We can have it in Moscow just as Nice. ;)

But without me. But that's my problem of course.

the cat
Aug 7th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Why won't they play the Fed Cup semifinals and finals in the Olympic Stadium where the Kremlin Cup is played? Eggy said that last year during the Russian Fed matches in the Olympic Stadium there were crowds of about 10,000. Now playing in a 5,200 seat stadium will limit the number of rowdy Russian tennis fans to rattle the Russina's opponents the way it's done with Davis Cup home crowds. But maybe a smaller stadium will suppply a better atmosphere for the Fed Cup than the cavernous Olympic Stadium did.

saab95
Aug 10th, 2004, 09:03 AM
So, we will be playing on ice. Good choice of surface. Wrap it for Russia already.. We should have played every single tie on the surface,

Shamil said that Marat's opinion is main in DC surface.
This way Nastya has to deside in FC! :)
She likes hockey stadiums and to try something new, why not ;)

fresh2flash
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:31 AM
She likes hockey stadiums
To like hockey players doesn't mean to like hockey stadiums. :)

saab95
Aug 12th, 2004, 08:31 PM
To like hockey players doesn't mean to like hockey stadiums. :)

Don't think so.

It's not Myskina only... ;)

But first of all

http://matchball.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin/guide.pl?action=article&id_razdel=63674&id_article=87614

Nastyafan
Aug 20th, 2004, 12:03 AM
an interview with Nastya and Shamil after Argentina
http://www.tennisplus.ru/nomer_article.asp?AID={030592C5-1F54-4962-ACEA-4219DCE6500B}

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Tarpishev is again at the risk of looking absolutely ridiculous..

His team went to Fed Cup and Olympics without the last Grand Slam winner.. Now he runs the same risk for Fed Cup finals..

This all really starts to look stupid..

We can a field a star team featuring 3 current Grand Slam champs and holders, the Dream Team for something that we want to win so much an have never won before. And.. we are going to stick with stupid "Team should stay the same" approach?

We have only one serious threat to us at the finals - Mauresmo. And we have only one player currently holding a certain mental edge over Mauresmo, and .. we are not going to select that player?

And last but not least.. It could become a situation then that we are not selecting the current Russian #1, but instead going with a bunch of mentally wounded slumpers..

Do we really want The Cup?

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Mauresmo and Pierce are a good team. I learned that last year.
Things change every few weeks. Vera and Nadia might be playing the best tennis next month.
I say take the players who brought you this far.

Epigone
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:29 PM
I read that Nastya and Sveta are locked in already. After that, I have no idea who he will pick.

Lena L - to partner Sveta in doubles, and she has the ability to play singles

Vera - Tarpischev loves her, plus she has played well in Fed Cup this year, plus, despite all of the :crying2:, she could be the Russian who is least likely to suffer a shock loss (she generally progresses well into the draw)

Lena D - two GS final appearances this year, but blows hot and cold, plus Tarpischev and Lena are :boxing:

Maria - does she want to play Fed Cup? Would she fit in with the team?

Nadia - Can play both singles or doubles, and seems to be regaining her form

So, who will be on the team?

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Mauresmo and Pierce are a good team. I learned that last year.
Things change every few weeks. Vera and Nadia might be playing the best tennis next month.
I say take the players who brought you this far.
You make no sense whatsoever.. By what you say.. we should select a team by April rankings or April injury situation or April's form and then stick with that team for all year long? Just last year we had no problem consistently picking 4 top ranked players for every single tie. And now Tarpishev pissed off Elena.. The stalwart of the team.. And for what it is worth, Nastya could be slumping for the rest of the year.. Masha is not selected.. While Vera and Sveta have done precisely nothing on carpet in their whole career. This is plain stupid..

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I make as much sense as I ever did. The players are very close in ability. If someone refused to play in the spring, who needs them now?
I don't see how you choose on merit. Like the Olympic team. We had the 2 US Open finalists on it. And the doubles finalist. And no medals came from that.
So take the players who won the previous ties.

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I make as much sense as I ever did. The players are very close in ability. If someone refused to play in the spring, who needs them now?
Who refused to play in spring?:confused:

I don't see how you choose on merit. Like the Olympic team. We had the 2 US Open finalists on it. And the doubles finalist. And no medals came from that.
So take the players who won the previous ties.
Take Russian #1.. That's for sure.

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I say - no Maria. 4 other Russians are in the top 10. Take 3, and Lena L. for doubles.

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I say - no Maria. 4 other Russians are in the top 10. Take 3, and Lena L. for doubles.
That I can live with.. Even if I like Vera very much and she is my third favourite currently active Russian..

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Sveta lost to Dulko, then was replaced on day 2 in Argentina. Now she's playing in a slam final.
It's hard to predict who will play well at a given tournament. Nadia might have the best fall. Who knows?
Sveta and Vera need more Fed Cup experience.

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Sveta lost to Dulko, then was replaced on day 2 in Argentina. Now she's playing in a slam final.
It's hard to predict who will play well at a given tournament.

It is not hard to predict.. It is easy to predict.. There was no way Sveta was going to recover that quickly after her tough W 1R loss.. Those kind of losses hurt you.. Like wise I would think that banking on slumping Myskina winning the Cup single-handedly is very shortsighted idea.

Nadia might have the best fall. Who knows?
Sveta and Vera need more Fed Cup experience.
Select Top ranked available players for each tie.. This way risk is minimised by that.

Yeah.. And we already had an experience with Vera in Fed Cup finals..

Epigone
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I say - no Maria. 4 other Russians are in the top 10. Take 3, and Lena L. for doubles.Like ys, I can live with that, even if it means that Vera doesn't get to play in Moscow.

The problem I have is that nobody knows if Lena D will play like she did at the FO and US Open, or how she played at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

From that point of view, Vera is a safer choice. She took Mauresmo to three in Moscow last year, and I don't think that she will lose a match that she is expected to win. However, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this will be a situation like the Olympics.

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:04 PM
I think Sveta and Vera are better players than they were a year ago.
That's the payoff. They are pushing each other to improve.
So these Fed Cup selections are meaningful. The players want to be recognized for their accomplishments.

ys
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Like ys, I can live with that, even if it means that Vera doesn't get to play in Moscow.

The problem I have is that nobody knows if Lena D will play like she did at the FO and US Open, or how she played at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

First.. People are talking too much about her AO and W 1R losses.. Those losses have their reasons.. Reasons that are hardly excusable for a pro.. But irrelevant for Fed Cup.. Lena always starts her season a bit cold.. That is nothing new. And at W it was silly to expect her to fully recover mentally from RG Finals..

From that point of view, Vera is a safer choice.

Safer choice than Dementieva? When playing Schett or Schwartz on carpet safety doesn't matter, really. And as to playing Mauresmo, I think averagely Dementieva's chances are far better.. Just compare their against-Top-10 records for that matter..

She took Mauresmo to three in Moscow last year, and I don't think that she will lose a match that she is expected to win. However, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that this will be a situation like the Olympics.
And deservedly though.. I must admit.. She has a solid year.. But with not much of highlights.. The only top 10 player she beat all year was Sharapova.. That is not good enough.. True, she played many top players close, but until she learns how to beat them, she will be suffering..

goldenlox
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Lena D. is a hot and cold player. Vera has been more consistent. No big wins, besides Maria and Sveta, but no bad losses at all since the FO. None.

Epigone
Sep 11th, 2004, 05:37 PM
And deservedly though.. I must admit.. She has a solid year.. But with not much of highlights.. The only top 10 player she beat all year was Sharapova.. That is not good enough.. True, she played many top players close, but until she learns how to beat them, she will be suffering..She also beat Sveta, then ranked #9, in San Diego.

When I saw her play Lindsay in Sydney, I was hoping for great things this year. However, Vera just can't seem to beat anyone ranked higher than her. She has lost to Davenport x 4, Mauresmo x 2, Venus x 2, Sveta x 2, and Henin-Hardenne, Sharapova, Myskina and Dementieva x1.

I appreciate the consistency, but I want Vera to take some big wins. I don't know if big wins will bring her confidence because I think that she will continue to be down on herself, no matter who she beats. But big wins bring big points, and big points help when it comes to selecting Olympic/Fed Cup teams.

Had Vera managed two or three big wins at GSs or Tier Is, she would have been the fourth ranked Russian and gone to Athens. Had she not cracked against Elena, I think that she'd have cemented her spot in this Fed Cup team. Now, she will probably miss out again.

saab95
Sep 13th, 2004, 09:29 AM
I don't like our doubles team.
Sveta & Lena L. have no ideas how to play together all the year.
If opponents havn't too many UE they lost every time.
They are paper favorite once again in USO final.
At 2-2 Momo/Pierce'll beat them for sure.

I'd like to see Lena D. in team, not Lena L.

Stephieva
Sep 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM
So...is it confirmed that Shamil won't choose LenaD?! :sad:

saab95
Sep 13th, 2004, 02:16 PM
So...is it confirmed that Shamil won't choose LenaD?! :sad:

thr fox said you can change 2 players 2 days b4 ;)

Epigone
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Does Russia need a new doubles team for the next tie, or should they stick with what has worked?

The problem is that Russia doesn't have another good doubles pairing. Nastya + Lena D didn't work at the Olympics, and Nastya + Vera can play well or poorly together. The doubles match could be crucial this time.

ys
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Nastya + Lena D didn't work at the Olympics.
And I suppose Sveta/Lena worked at the Olympics..

Epigone
Sep 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM
And I suppose Sveta/Lena worked at the Olympics..It didn't work, but they had an established record together. Leading up to the Olympics, they had made 8 of 9 doubles finals this year.

I thought it was a bad idea to throw Nastya and Lena D. together for the Olympics with only one warmup tournament. That's why I think that it would be smart to keep Sveta/Lena as the doubles team for Fed Cup.

tenn_ace
Sep 14th, 2004, 03:23 AM
whatever happened and whoever fault it was, but it resulted in Lena D. stop being crazy about playing for Russia IMO. (as she used to be for years)

I wouldn't be surprised if she turns down next invitation (regardless of whether it will be Fartichev or someone else inviting her).

Verba
Sep 19th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Sorry if it appeared in RR before. This ia an interview with Nastya after Russia vs. Argentina

В минувшие выходные в рамках четвертьфинала Кубка Федерации сборная России уверенно переиграла теннисисток из Аргентины - 4:1. Решающий вклад в эту победу внесла первый номер нашей команды Анастасия Мыскина, одержавшая победы в обоих своих поединках. Корреспондент ГАЗЕТЫ Владимир Рауш позвонил героине встречи в Буэнос-Айрес.
- Перед началом матча капитан российской сборной Шамиль Тарпищев сказал ГАЗЕТЕ: "Сумеем нейтрализовать лидера соперниц Паолу Суарез, и игра будет у нас в кармане". В итоге аргентинка из-за травмы вообще не вышла на корт. Это обстоятельство сильно повлияло на судьбу встречи?

- Было бы несправедливо утверждать, что нет. Конечно, травма Суарез облегчила задачу. С другой стороны, сводить наш успех только к отсутствию Паолы было бы неправильно; все-таки сборная России объективно сильнее аргентинок. Главное - мы сыграли в свою силу и не позволили соперницам усомниться в нашем превосходстве.

- По жребию вы выходили на корт второй, после неожиданного поражения Светланы Кузнецовой от Гизелы Дулко. Необходимость побеждать давила?

- Откровенно говоря, запасная аргентинок Наталья Гуссони - не тот соперник, который может внушить страх. Я знала, что обязана побеждать, и другого варианта даже в мыслях не допускала.

- Оба своих матча вы провели очень уверенно. Небольшой сбой произошел только в поединке все с той же Дулко, которая в начале второго сета повела 3:0. Что в тот момент произошло?

- Победа в первом сете 6:1 подействовала на меня слишком успокаивающе, и я просто потеряла концентрацию. А тут еще местная публика! В Аргентине, оказывается, очень некорректные болельщики - кричат под руку, при подаче бьют в барабаны. Я немного завелась и начала допускать ошибки, но потом успокоилась и все-таки довела игру до победы.

- Похоже, аргентинская погода застала нашу команду врасплох...

- В жизни не играла при такой холодине! На разминку команда вышла в куртках и шарфах, но от мороза они не спасали - сильно мерзли руки. И тогда тренер сборной Лариса Савченко-Нейланд за неимением перчаток выдала каждой... по паре носков. Мы натянули их на кисти, и стало легче. Потом, во время матча, я хотела отпить из бутылки с минералкой, которая стояла на скамейке. Но не смогла - вода в ней превратилась в лед.

- Как же вы согревались?

- Спасал горячий чай, который периодически разносили болл-бои. И, конечно, патриотические мысли - выигрывать-то было необходимо (смеется).

- Раннее начало матчей тоже стало для вас проблемой?

- Вообще-то по натуре я - сова: чем позже надо вставать, тем лучше. А тут игры начинались то в 9 часов, то в 10. Соответственно, и просыпаться приходилось рано - в воскресенье я поднялась еще затемно, часов в шесть. Хорошо еще, что такой режим тренеры установили команде сразу после приезда в Буэнос-Айрес. За неделю пребывания мы успели адаптироваться.

- За время пребывания в Аргентине вы успели еще и отметить свой день рождения. Чье поздравление было для вас самым приятным?

- Меня очень порадовали факсы, полученные от Бориса Ельцина, Вячеслава Фетисова и Юрия Лужкова. Борис Николаевич потом позвонил и поздравил еще раз, лично. Кстати, первый президент России - самый преданный болельщик нашей сборной. Мы часто с ним пересекаемся на самых разных турнирах.

- В полуфинале Кубка Федерации нашей сборной предстоит встретиться с командой Австрии, которая победила американок. Этот результат стал для вас неожиданностью?

- Лишь отчасти. Американки по традиции выступали не самым сильным составом; к тому же их номинальный лидер Чанда Рубин вышла на корт после травмы и еще не успела набрать оптимальную форму. Не буду скрывать, этот результат нашей команде на руку: сборная США к ноябрю могла собрать всех сильнейших, а австриячки нам вполне по силам.

- Появились слухи, что "Финал четырех", как и в прошлом году, может пройти в Москве. Вы слышали что-нибудь об этом?

- Перед игрой Шамиль Тарпищев сказал нам: "Если выиграете, финальную часть турнира проведем в Москве". Мы тогда расценили его слова как шутку. Второй "Финал четырех" в России - в это просто невозможно поверить! С другой стороны, ни в одном другом городе мира теннисистам не смогут предоставить таких условий, как в нашей столице. Я побывала уже на многих турнирах и просто уверена в этом.

- После триумфального выступления на "Роллан Гаррос" корты Всеанглийского лаун-теннисного клуба оказались для вас менее счастливыми. Сейчас черная полоса позади?

- Надеюсь. По возвращении из Франции я неделю не могла прийти в себя - была какая-то расконцентрированная. Нынче все вроде бы встало на свои места.

- Успех в Париже повысил интерес спонсоров к вам?

- Предложений и правда стало больше. Но я очень выборочно подхожу к ним. Что для меня главное в этом вопросе? Естественно, сумма контракта и собственно товар. Например, рекламировать нижнее белье я никогда не буду.

- Через месяц вам предстоит выступить на Олимпийских играх. Об Афинах уже думаете?

- Честно говоря, я еще даже не узнавала, на каком стадионе нам предстоит играть. В конце концов, Олимпиада - всего лишь очередной турнир, который предстоит провести в этом году. Хотя, не скрою - в списке целей на сезон олимпийская медаль у меня значится.

saab95
Sep 20th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Who is who in 2004

3 KUZNETSOVA, SVETLANA 3139.00 18
4 MYSKINA, ANASTASIA 2982.00 15
6 DEMENTIEVA, ELENA 2707.00 17
9 SHARAPOVA, MARIA 2148.00 14

11 ZVONAREVA, VERA 1994.00 19
12 PETROVA, NADIA 1506.00 19
25 LIKHOVTSEVA, ELENA RUS1082.00 22

All the rest - the words only

goldenlox
Sep 20th, 2004, 04:19 PM
whatever happened and whoever fault it was, but it resulted in Lena D. stop being crazy about playing for Russia IMO. (as she used to be for years)Russian tennis is so strong now that it shouldn't matter who is left off.
The players who make this team should win the Fed Cup championship.
And Russia should keep winning for years to come, just like Australian Davis Cup with Laver and that group.

saab95
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Russian tennis is so strong now that it shouldn't matter who is left off.
The players who make this team should win the Fed Cup championship.
And Russia should keep winning for years to come, just like Australian Davis Cup with Laver and that group.

If you'll open your eyes you can see "dreamteam" on the paper sometimes
isn't real team.
USA basketball...in Athens
Woods/Mickelson (and all USA golf team) in Ryder Cup...etc

Australian Davis Cup team with Laver had team's spirit. ;) not good players only

Emptiness
Sep 20th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Verba do you have an english translation of that interview? :speakles:

saab95
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Today Lena D. repeat (yesterday too!)

she DIDN'T GET ANY INVITATOINS for FC in 2004! :sad:

so you can take back other versions :worship:

goldenlox
Oct 17th, 2004, 06:30 PM
They have to beat Mauresmo and Pierce, just like last year. So Nastya, Sveta, and Lena D. seem like the only choices.

And we really needed Lena D. last year. Has she ever answered why she didn't play against Pierce?

DEETHELICK
Oct 17th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Elena D will not play this year, I'm pretty sure of it. She said that even if she were to be called up at short notice, she would not. And I agree. She is a Top 5 player who has things like the AO to focus on now and her own preparations taking place.

It'll be down to Nastya and Sveta (who between them have beaten Momo once) but should be able to defeat Pierce.

JC Federer
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Lol, other countries can only dream of having this many options (and dilemmas).

I think Lena L and Sveta should stay in as the doubles pair and Sveta should play singles on day 1. If Marsha plays, it would be problem solved... with Myskina being the other singles player. If Marsha doesn't play, there's plenty of talented replacements for her (Petrova, Zvonereva, or Bovina should be able to win one singles match), they shouldn't need to worry too much.

Pierce is past her prime. Mauresmo is the only tough opponent. Russia is lucky they don't have to play Belgium with Clijsters and Juju, or the US with williams x2, capriati, davenport, or seles.

Stephieva
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Today Lena D. repeat (yesterday too!)

she DIDN'T GET ANY INVITATOINS for FC in 2004! :sad:

so you can take back other versions :worship:
I feel more and more that Lena's damn hurt by not being selected to play FedCup this yr...(since April)
and now she seems to lose interest in playing there...:sad:
I dun think she will play in 2005...
me hopes me too pessimistic...:crying2:

t_fan
Oct 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Not playing at a short notice... Lena is a player who blows hot and cold. You just can't reserve a place in the team for her and be sure you can rely upon her most of the time (of course the same applies to all of them to some degree, but IMHO most of all to Lena). For a player like Lena it might mean she won't be playing FC at all, Tarpischev or no Tarpischev. With such a wide selection of quality players, Shamil may see no reason to find a compromise with Lena, though he should IMO.

DEETHELICK
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Elena can be inconsistent, I agree. However she is also a fighter and can raise her level if required. She is Russia's best chance at beating Mauresmo, and she isn't even on the team.

t_fan
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Elena can be inconsistent, I agree. However she is also a fighter and can raise her level if required. She is Russia's best chance at beating Mauresmo, and she isn't even on the team.
Well, can she? How much will you be sure she won't blow a crucial match playing FC? Do you think she wasn't required to raise her level at this year FO final or the most recent KC final? The situation looks like she wasn't selected to be in the team because she was not in form, and now she'll not play because she's not been selected. And would not be playing on a short notice by her own admission.

katiektc
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:59 PM
why does the russia team captain not like lena d?! :boxing:?

the cat
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Steph, has the Russian Fed Cup team for the semifinals been named? How could Elena not be on that team on merit? But if she's down on Tarpischev and doesn't want to play I would understand her ommision from the team. But I don't think that's the case because Elena would want to play Fed Cup in Moscow and win it for the first time for Russia since it's days as the Soviet Union. :D

ys
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:17 AM
What can I say? Only that Shamil is in deep trouble with his team of losers.. From his selection only Myskina has a remote chance against Mauresmo on this surface.. Vera and Sveta should not be even selected to play on fast carpet . Given the indoors season, the team should be Myskina, Dementieva, Sharapova and Petrova as the best Russian doubles player.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:24 AM
I wouldnt pick Vera not for Fed Cup
she's worn out mentally and physically

she's "lost" out there somewhere.

not looking good for FC with Fartischev's selection :o

Epigone
Nov 12th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Bench Bepa, or she will die from either exhaustion, or an exploded head.

It's pretty clear that she needs some time off.

t_fan
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:10 PM
So should we expect that Masha will be invited to play FC this year? Larisa Savchenko-Neiland and Nastya were watching the match between Masha and Vera. I got an impression she would reject the invitation should she receive one and honestly won't blame her for it.

saab95
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:50 PM
After Sveta lost to Momo 3rd in a row
and the the same way again (look BP statistic of their 2004 matches)
there're much more problems for FC finals

Fartishev saw Sveta in semis of L.A. and
in singles of the FC. But I don't know now what he has to do. :rolleyes:

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Sveta has to beat Pierce. If she and Nastya both beat Pierce, things are okay.
Pierce beat Sharapova at the US Open. Then Sveta beat Pierce.

the cat
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:03 PM
t_fan, why do you think would Maria reject the invitation to play the Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow sicne Masha was discovered at age 5 in Moscow by Martina Navratilova?

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:20 PM
She wasn't discovered by Navratilova.
One of Nick's people saw her in Sochi. They brought her to Moscow, and introduced her to Martina.
Anna was in Bradenton then, and Nick had his people searching eastern Europe for other young talents.

t_fan
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:36 PM
t_fan, why do you think would Maria reject the invitation to play the Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow sicne Masha was discovered at age 5 in Moscow by Martina Navratilova?
She's overplayed and needs rest. I don't think it's reasonable to play with fire and risk getting further injured. Better wait for next year and play then.

the cat
Nov 13th, 2004, 07:00 PM
GL, where did you get that info about one of Nick's people seeing Masha in Sochi and inviting her tp play at a tournament in Moscow? I never read that and we read the same tennis articles. But I do agree that Anna being at Bollettieri's is part of the reason why Yuri Sharapov brought his daughter to Bollettieri's at such a young age.

Well said, t_fan. Masha would probably says she's too tired to play the Fed Cup. But if she turns down an offer to play in the Fed Cup semi's then I'm not sure I would offer her a spot on the team next year. Masha has never played a team competition for Russia on any level of tennis. :( I hope she plays Fed Cup next year but I have a feeling that playing Fed Cup is not important to Masha.

DevilishAttitude
Nov 13th, 2004, 10:15 PM
So who's going :confused:

It should be IMO
Dementieva - Singles
Myskina - Singles
Kuznetsova - Singles or Doubles
Likhovtseva - Doubles (singles for dead rubber to save others losing energy)

Zvonareva has the spare :)

Nochi
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM
it s time of RussianWomanTennis !!!

Daniel
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Myskina has an injury, :sad: hopefully she wil be healthy for Fed Cup :)

tenn_ace
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:45 PM
it's officially been announced that Mauresmo, Golovin, Pierce and Dechy will represent France in the FedCup... no surprises

Stephieva
Nov 15th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Today in french TV Amélie Mauresmo talk about the fed cup and about Elena (they are great friends) she say: "I'm very surprise about not selection of Elena Dementieva for the semi-final and the final of the fed cup, because if France and Russia are in Final Elena was the only russian player that I really scare about because I lost all my big match against her. But the way that they treat her was not good, call a player who is in the top 10 just one day before the match againts Argentina is incredible, it's like: hey you, you play good, it will be funny to have you in the team. Treat like that a player who have the talent of Elena is something really incredible. I know that Myskina and the other girl try to open the eyes of there captain but apparently it's not work. Maybe for the next year" And the French captain say: "For me as a captain I will take her with no hesitation. They take Myskina who win French Open and Kuznetsova who win the US Open but not take Dementieva who was the only player to be in two big final, win against Amélie and have a very great year is really strange, yes. But you know if Elena want to play for France it would be a pleasure, she allready talk french so. :D "

I will go back in couple hours to post the 5 pics of the day :)
this is what Momo and the French captain think of Lena...:)
and the damn Shamil...:retard: :smash:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:10 PM
what a selection by Fartischev :rolleyes:

Russia
Anastasia Myskina
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Vera Zvonareva
Elena Likhovtseva
Captain: Mr Shamil Tarpischev

even the u16's could probably get by Austria
but Vera has 0-10% vs Amelie, the state she is in i'd put that at even below 0 if thats possible.

Sveta only has a slightly better chance

we pick the 2 players who's games are NOT suited for carpet :o

another disaster looks on the cards.

jklense
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:20 PM
what a selection by Fartischev :rolleyes: ...at least, he's consistent. :(
btw, Russian press is silent still, it's not a news there... ;)

DevilishAttitude
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:42 PM
No Dementieva :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Kuznetsova and Zvonareva hadn't been great in there fed cup performances and the surface doesn't suit them

While I think all them would get by someone like Dechy or Golovin, Mauresmo has beaten Vera, Svetlana and Elena L fairly easily not long ago

I'll be interesting who Shamil chooses for doubles if it goes to 2-2 Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva have had more success Myskina/Zvonareva are the more dangerous team so :shrug: ;)

katiektc
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:57 PM
i think its dangerous not includind lena d! she is the only russian to have consistently beaten momo, even amelie herself admits being scared of her!!! :lol: i think that shamil is putting his personal dispute before the needs of his countries team...shame on him. however i think russia will still beat france, such is the quality of the players they possess.still it would have been nice to put the only player this year to be in 2 GS finals in the team :(

t_fan
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Ok, as ys once suggested, let's have it on ice :)
Вы только представьте себе Настю (или Амели, ха-ха!) в стеганом ватнике и валенках, в шапке-ушанке с опущенными ушами, завязанными под подбородком, переминающуюся с ноги на ногу на приеме.

katiektc
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:11 PM
haha, then i think lena d and nastya would have to picked for the team.....after all, their ice hockey playin boyfriends could give them tips on how to handle the ice :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM
wishing Fed Cup was a 10 player match and all ten players got to play 1 singles match each.
that would be much better :devil: ;)

Epigone
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Should Sveta and Elena L. be the doubles team?

They beat Molik/Stubbs 6-2 3-6 7-6(7) when Russia played Australia, and Dulko/Tarabini 6-2 5-7 6-4 when they played Argentina. Those aren't exactly the best results.

They haven't won a doubles title together since Doha. They lost to Dechy/Testud at the Olympics, they lost to Petrova/Bovina in Moscow, and they lost to Petrova/Shaughnessy in L.A.

Bepa and Nastya won Moscow, and were in the SF in Philly until Nastya withdrew. I think that their form of late has been better. I'd pick this team instead, but there is always the chance that they could both explode at the same time and throw away the match :o

Daniel
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:17 AM
why isnt elena dementieva playing?

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:22 AM
why isnt elena dementieva playing?
because of the same very reason that Sharapova is not playing - because apparently we don't want to win..

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:24 AM
ys, what is the best possible doubles team that Tarpischev could name?

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:56 AM
tarpishev has just confirmed that Masha is not selected for the finals.

msmsed
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:28 AM
why isnt dementieva or sharapova playing?
did they decide it or who did?

msmsed
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:33 AM
lol...they picked zvonareva?? i hope she doesnt cry or break another racquet this time...

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 06:38 AM
lol...they picked zvonareva?? i hope she doesnt cry or break another racquet this time...Hahaha :rolleyes:

Then they had better not treat her like they did last year.

saab95
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:33 AM
During Masha's final Tarpishev had a lot of time to say on tv all he wants.
He said nothing nothing new exept "Maria today so is great that deserves a monument at a life."
Tarpishev has just confirmed that we have great troubles
"because our girls're so tired"
He has no ideas how to beat Mauresmo.

Tarpishev confirmed Sharapova'll be next year in FC.
No word about Dementieva in FC this year or next.

saab95
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:02 AM
I have to add one detail after L.A...
Mauresmo is better prepared and I have no ideas who can beat her in Moscow.
So I think doubles can decide the whole thing this time.
And we need something to change.
Petrova/Shaughnessy beat so easy Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva 63 62
And I think Mauresmo with Pierce or Dechy can do the same if they really 'd like to win.

t_fan
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Seems that Amelie has withdrawn from FC according to
http://eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/e6365/sport_lng3_spo57_evt6365_sto657911.shtml
Team Russia should do ok then.

Epigone
Nov 16th, 2004, 10:41 AM
If Amelie isn't playing, Nastya and Bepa should play singles.

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I don't care who plays. Russians have won the last 3 majors and the YEC.
We had an all Russian KC final.

We need the icing on the cake. The Fed Cup title. We need it for 2004.
And every year after.

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
The French are still a very solid team with Dechy, Golovin and Pierce..

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
It doesn't matter who they send. Russia must win the 2004 Fed Cup. In Moscow.
The major tennis story of 2004 is Russian success.

jklense
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Seems that Amelie has withdrawn from FC according to
http://eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/e6365/sport_lng3_spo57_evt6365_sto657911.shtmljust for a case, English variant is at http://eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/e6365/sport_lng0_spo57_evt6365_sto657952.shtml
It's a pity Momo won't be there, and Russian team can have no excuse for not winning the FedCup... :rolleyes:
btw, according to http://www.fedcup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=10497, Amelie is replaced by Emilie Loit, not the last player... :p

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM
only good thing is Vera owns Dechy
but will France select her to play as #1
and #1 plays Russian #2 on day 1

Pierce is down as their #3 behind Golovin so she cant play Russia #2 player on day 1

DAY 1
Nastya vs Golovin/Pierce
Zvonareva/Kuznetsova vs Dechy/Golovin

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:13 PM
I can't wait to get this started. I still remember last year.

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Remember, Sveta and Vera are not in the best of their form.. Nastya is injured.. And we will have no replacement if she is out.. Masha, Lena D., Lena B, Nadya are all already on vacation and off their training.. 4 players that Shamil selected is all we have right now.. With no quality replacement possible..

goldenlox
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Sveta is in okay form. Maria and Amelie are tough opponents.
After last year, Vera is very motivated.
I think Anastasia wants to hold this trophy in Moscow.
And this is her chance.

jklense
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:36 PM
...4 players that Shamil selected is all we have right now.. With no quality replacement possible..yes, it seems so :sad: - maybe just VeraD is reachable :scratch: - or AnnaC ? :D

DEETHELICK
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:20 PM
With Amelie out, this makes it winnable.

They can handle them now. I am sure of it. In fact, I think Vera will be key. Nastya will need support in singles and Vera could be the one.

Sveta just looked off form in the YEC, her game is not suited to such slow courts.

bubble
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Remember, Sveta and Vera are not in the best of their form.. Nastya is injured.. And we will have no replacement if she is out.. Masha, Lena D., Lena B, Nadya are all already on vacation and off their training.. 4 players that Shamil selected is all we have right now.. With no quality replacement possible..
Shamil is really a :retard: . :fiery:

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Sveta just looked off form in the YEC, her game is not suited to such slow courts.
Sveta _loves_ slow courts. What she really hates ( just as much as Vera or Nadya ) is low bounce. That's a payback for western grip..

DEETHELICK
Nov 16th, 2004, 08:52 PM
ys, were the YEC courts low bouncing? I just found that while her forehand was potent, it didn't have the same zip as in the USO. I noticed the same thing in Moscow.

Also, weren't the courts in Moscow and YEC similar? It doesn't explain Dementieva's poor performance...

Natasc
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Wait a second... Masha confirmed in next year for FC?

And Lena D?

Like Shamil loves Myskina and IF he call Masha of course that she will be in singles, so, I think very hard that he calls Lena after call Masha

Shamil :rolleyes:

You motherF**** :fiery: :o :fiery:

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:32 PM
ys, were the YEC courts low bouncing?
Like you didn't see it..

I just found that while her forehand was potent, it didn't have the same zip as in the USO. I noticed the same thing in Moscow.

Also, weren't the courts in Moscow and YEC similar? It doesn't explain Dementieva's poor performance...Same surface.. Supreme.. Low bouncing fast surface..

ys
Nov 16th, 2004, 09:40 PM
I see people don't agree with playing Sveta and Vera... but who else would you use on carpet?

Maria doesn't want to play, and Tarpishev has some beef with Dementieva... so, can't use them.

I don't see any other viable options.
I am sure Dementieva would play if selected. Even Masha might play too.. It WAS entirely up to Tarpishev.

msmsed
Nov 17th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Hahaha :rolleyes:

Then they had better not treat her like they did last year.
wt happened last yr?

jklense
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:30 AM
I think Dementieva would play.
But, who could the other player be?
Petrova? Bovina?
Bovina... so funny.I'm next to sure LenaD shall not play.
Yes, Nadia and LenaB are good candidates, it's not so funny btw, both used to play before and had good results.
And it was not just joke I mentioned VeraD and AnnaC. ;)
But all this is pure theory, Shamil :devil: won't change his decisions unless he is forced by withdrawals of his selectees.
And all those "candidates" do have their own plans, and elder girls are surely not to be treated the way LenaD mentioned, alike being called the day before and being asked whether they are interested in visiting courts :(
I'm not so sure about younger ones, including MaKiri...
Btw, imho Sveta will be the weakest link there, she lost any motivation. If only LenaL will explain her clearly enough they must play good :rolleyes:

Daniel
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:07 AM
i think with this team and Momo out Russia has more chances now, not that the French are easy to beat but this team has much better girls .

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I am sure Dementieva would play if selected. Even Masha might play too.. It WAS entirely up to Tarpishev.
Dementieva has lost 4 straight matches. She needs a rest.

Sharapova doesn't want to be there. She's played in Japan at least 5 times, and never in Russia.
If Sharapova played an important match, and lost, the whole Fed Cup year would be a joke. She's never played on that court.

goldenlox
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Nadia and Bovina haven't been healthy for a full year.
Last year Nadia played qualies in Gold Coast, IW, Miami and Sarasota.
Then she made the FO semis.
She needs a healthy season.

Bovina needs a full healthy year also.

DEETHELICK
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:23 PM
ys, of course I saw it, that's why I ask, was it low bouncing. It certainly did not appear so.

And if these courts can be called fast, you and me were looking at two different courts IMO.

Go Team Russia! :)

ys
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:00 PM
ys, of course I saw it, that's why I ask, was it low bouncing. It certainly did not appear so.
OK..

And if these courts can be called fast, you and me were looking at two different courts IMO.

When a player like Maria can hit 50 winners in a match against someone as good and fast as Sveta, we are definitely talking about courts where defense has very little time to react - whether it is court's speed or a low bounce or combination of both. The game on this court looked almost like grasscourt tennis. Western grip players, like Vera or Sveta or Lena D. could not get any pace on their groundstrokes..

ys
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Dementieva has lost 4 straight matches. She needs a rest.
Demeniteva was sick before LA and started practicing only several days before tournaments.

Sharapova doesn't want to be there. Did she say that or is it you reading between the lines?

goldenlox
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Elena has had a long year. And if she was on the team, she would be after Anastasia and Svetlana.
Maria said she's going on vacation after the YEC. She made a multi-year commitment to a Tier III in Tokyo, instead of playing the KC.
She doesn't want to play 2004 Fed Cup.

the cat
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:45 PM
GL is reading between the lines, ys. But I think she is reading the situation correctly. And even if Masha wanted to play the Fed Cup semifinals in Moscow and was asked to play I don't think she would want to put up with the hassle of being the outsider on the team and the team possibly not accepting her. But with Myskina and Zvonareva on the team I think Masha would ahve been treated okay.

Daniel
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:42 AM
I really dont believe that thing of Maria being not treated ok by some of the russians. The are playing at a top level, they dont have to be friends but if they are going to represent Russia at leat lets pretend the like each other and do their best at Fed Cup.

Daniel
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:24 PM
Draw:

Russia vs Austria

R1 - S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER (AUT)
R2 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) vs P.WARTUSCH (AUT)
R3 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER (AUT)
R4 - S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) vs P.WARTUSCH (AUT)
R5 - E.LIKHOVTSEVA / V.ZVONAREVA (RUS) vs Y.MEUSBURGER / P.WARTUSCH (AUT)

Good luck to the team!!! :clap2:

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Bepa is playing doubles :bigclap:

Udachi Russia!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 23rd, 2004, 01:59 PM
I'm sure Vera will be playing singles on 2nd day as well ;)

just thats how draw works, you only name two players and they are both named for both days.

Epigone
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:14 PM
I was also thinking that she could be playing reverse singles :D

Shamil seems to believe in Bepa, although he could just try to save Sveta for the final.

However, if Dechy plays singles against Spain, Shamil might be tempted to let Bepa play singles in the final.

One thing is for sure. Fed Cup selection next year is going to be crazy!

goldenlox
Nov 23rd, 2004, 04:58 PM
This looks easy on paper. Now they have to win on the court.

the cat
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:03 PM
GL, how in the world did Austria make it to the 2004 Fed Cup semifinals? Austria might be th weakest team ever in the Fed Cup semifinals.

Big Dave
Nov 23rd, 2004, 06:05 PM
Is Sharapova too tired to play this? Why is she not in?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 23rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
GL, how in the world did Austria make it to the 2004 Fed Cup semifinals? Austria might be th weakest team ever in the Fed Cup semifinals.
forgot already, they only beat the US :lol: :tape:

TartarVicario
Nov 24th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Vamos Russian Team http://www.pramool.com:443/webboard/pic/14.gif

You all should win these matchup http://www.pramool.com:443/webboard/pic/46.gif

saab95
Nov 24th, 2004, 10:13 AM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/156127.jpg

Girls! As it is boring this year!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 24th, 2004, 12:03 PM
LMAO at that photo.......... do they seem a little bit bored :haha: :tape:

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Sveta won 6-1 6-1 in 48 minutes :clap2:

Russia leads 1-0

Foot's Fingers
Nov 24th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Go Nastya for second Russia win this day!!!

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Here's a Fed Cup article -

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200411/s1250447.htm

Epigone
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Nastya won 6-0 6-0

Russia leads 2-0

I think Bepa will now play singles tomorrow :yeah:

KV
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Perfect scores. Well done Nastya & Sveta

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Dechy and Golovin won. Once again, Russia will be facing France.
Without Mauresmo and Pierce this time.

saki
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Dechy and Golovin won. Once again, Russia will be facing France.
Without Mauresmo and Pierce this time.
Actually, Forget says that Pierce is with them in Moscow and may play in the final if her shoulder feels better. The fact that she's bothered to go to Moscow suggests she is serious about playing the final, even though obviously she might not be feeling up to it. Personally, I'm not sure if she'd be the best singles choice for France anyway as both Myskina and Kuznetsova would exploit her lack of mobility, but that's not the point..

goldenlox
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:35 PM
I think Sveta and Nastya can beat a healthy Pierce.
Forget has to decide if Pierce will play better than Dechy and Golovin.

saki
Nov 24th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I think Sveta and Nastya can beat a healthy Pierce.
Forget has to decide if Pierce will play better than Dechy and Golovin.
I agree. Just wanted to correct the assumption that Pierce was definitely out. I think, if it's within regulations, Forget should go with Dechy and Golovin but substitute Loit if either of them seems out of form for the second singles match. I just have a feeling that Loit would match up better against the Russian girls than Pierce would. It'd be a long shot, but France needs to take risks to have a chance of winning the tie.

Daniel
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Well done Nastya and Sveta :yeah:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM
France won the tie against Spain 5-0

Now it's time for Russia to do the same against Austria

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Meusburger just took the 1st set against Nastya 6-3

Please excuse me while I :banghead:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Nastya took the 2nd set 6-3 :yeah:

Mathijs
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:30 PM
C'mon Nastya just win it now :yeah:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Nastya won 3-6 6-3 6-1

Not the most convincing performance, but it means that Russia will meet France in the final :yeah:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Sveta won 6-1 6-1

Russia leads 4-0

It's up to Bepa and Lena L. to close it out

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 25th, 2004, 04:13 PM
nicely finished off Sveta :)

Nastya was just :o

got to pickup for final :)
good luck girls in final :)

will Vera play Dechy again ;) :lol:

Epigone
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Lena L. is actually playing doubles with Sveta :eek:

That will be three matches today for Sveta, so she must be tired

Shamil must be resting Bepa to use her against France, or this is a complete joke :(

Oh, Russia took the 1st set 6-2
4:10am and no Bepa = bedtime :wavey:

KV
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Sveta/Lena won convincingly 6-2 6-2 :) to make it 5-0

K@tie
Nov 25th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Hi

Pictures from today in the Fed Cup section of my forum,if you're interested in having a look,enjoy: Pics of Vera,Sveta,Mary,Marta,etc....:)

http://tennisfan1.proboards33.com

Emptiness
Nov 25th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the photos. :D

http://tinypic.com/nxt8k

This is what i call team spirit!
Now i understand why Vera sat through the matches
when all she is, is a bench warmer..
She wanted some action. ;)

Congrats Sveta and Lena.
Tommorow Vera better actually step on court. :rolleyes:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:20 AM
is Maria playing the finall... that is a good question...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Anastasia Myskina refused to back down on Thursday after saying she would not play for Russia if Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova joined the team.

"Why should I feel sorry for what I said yesterday?" Myskina said when asked if she regretted her words about the Florida-based teenager and her father.

"I don't want to be on the same team with people who don't show respect to me as a person. End of story."

Sharapova has been kept out of this year's Fed Cup team by Myskina and U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, but Russian captain Shamil Tarpishchev has said he would welcome the 17-year-old next season.

Myskina, who spearheads Russia's challenge for their first Fed Cup title this week in Moscow, was angry at Sharapova's father Yuri for his behaviour during their match at this month's season-ending WTA Tour Championships in Los Angeles.

Sharapova beat Myskina in the semi-finals on her way to capturing the Los Angeles crown.

"Every time Maria was playing a Russian girl there, her father's behaviour was simply outrageous, nasty and out of control," said six-times grand slam doubles champion and Russia Fed Cup coach Larisa Neiland this week.

Myskina backed her up: "I totally agree with Larisa. I feel his behaviour is totally incorrect, simply rude. I don't want to be around people like him.

"He was yelling and screaming instructions to her and I thought he just might jump right on the court at one point in the (Los Angeles) match," she said.

"She is more American then Russian. She speaks Russian with a coarse accent," said Myskina.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:37 AM
is Maria playing the finall...No

that is a good question...It is? :rolleyes:

Daniel
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Nastya :o just keep focus in the final and stop talkig about Maria's dad.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 26th, 2004, 05:23 AM
Nastya :o just keep focus in the final and stop talkig about Maria's dad.
*just finshing Daniel's sentence*

a racket wil fall over your head!

http://cache.wtnphotos.com/545/21238794051myskina.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 26th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Россия-Франция
27 ноября - финал - матчи начинаются в 13-00
Кузнецова Светлана (Россия) - Деши Натали (Франция)
Мыскина Анастасия (Россия) - Головин Татьяна (Франция)

28 ноября - финал - матчи начинаются в 13-00
Мыскина Анастасия (Россия) - Деши Натали (Франция)
Кузнецова Светлана (Россия)- Головин Татьяна (Франция)
Лиховцева / Звонарева (Россия) - Бартоли / Луа (Франция)

Sveta on 1st :)

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, let's not play Bepa in singles. Afterall, she is only 1-0 against Golovin and 5-1 against Dechy this season :rolleyes:

Tarpischev = one huge joke :fiery:

He played Sveta in 3 matches in the SF, and is now using her again in the singles.

Bepa will get screwed again :(

Lena D. fans, let's get him! :devil:

vaiva
Nov 26th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I bet Verunchick is thrilled by this selection :mad:

goldenlox
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM
So as we reach the Fed Cup final, there is real intrigue.
Will Anastasia leave the team if Maria plays next year?
Will Vera ever get to play?

If Anastasia holds the trophy in Moscow, she might not want to come back next year for Fed Cup.
I think Bovina and Petrova should get a chance in 2005.

the cat
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
France can beat Russia in the 2004 Fed Cup final. Russia deserves to be the favorite but France has a decent chance to cause the upset especially if the Fed Cup comes down to the doubles match.

Epigone
Nov 26th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Nadia should definitely play next year.

If Russia wants to win this year, Bepa should play. She owns Dechy.

However, Shamil knows more than everyone else :rolleyes:

Daniel
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Nadia, Vera , Bovina and Elena D should play next year.
yes Nastya will leave the team if Maria is included in the team
Agree with you Epigone, she is the only one of tthe team who has beaten Dechy this year a couple of times.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Sveta doing a complete and utter cockup, well trying to

was 6-3 5-3 up

now struggling 2-2 in 3rd, saving bp's :o

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:07 AM
finally an easy game

Sveta 4-3

Sveta has to win this

Nastya has to play Dechy tomorrow or else she cant play.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I'll be amazed if Sveta wins this, amount of choking going on beggars belief :o
Sveta's 40-0 up, 6 game pts now BP France

Sveta, a total complete utter cockup :smash:
4-5* :rolleyes:

Fartischev ...... happy now :cuckoo:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:23 AM
lucky Sveta, Dechy choked 5-5
Sveta :smash: now hold here :cuckoo:

playing like a :retard:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM
great escape Sveta from 0-30 :D :)

6-5 :)
now break and win this
Sveta :smash:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Sveta 6-3 6-7(4) *6-6

Shamil, betting you're wishing it was Bepa playing right now, eh? :rolleyes:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Dechy breaks

Sveta 6-7*

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Sveta gifts it to Dechy :rolleyes:
a love game 6-6

and broken to love :smash: ending with a weak DF 6-7*

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Sveta lost :rolleyes:

6-8

Sveta completely collapsed :o her Fh went to pieces serving for match and never recovered.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Dechy wins 3-6 7-6(4) 8-6

France leads 1-0

Was Bepa watching yesterday and today?

I read the thing about a family tragedy, but I'm wondering if she was still supporting the team.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:37 AM
i wouldnt be suprised if Nastya got beat as well now

really well done Shamil and Sveta :smash:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Nastya took the 1st set 6-4, but she was taken to deuce in the 10th game.

This match might be tough :scared:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Nastya recovered from 0-40 to serve it out

now she's just blown a 4-2 lead
4-5 down in 2nd :mad:

40-30 on serve
5-5 :)

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Nastya *5-6

She has converted 3/16 BPs :o

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Nastya was almost broken for the 2nd set from *40-0

Golovin had a SP :o

TB

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:30 PM
I knew France would be tough for the Russian's in the Fed Cup final. Now Myskina has to win her match or else Russia is in deep trouble! :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Deja Vu ????

1-4 :fiery:

looks like it :mad:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I knew France would be tough for the Russian's in the Fed Cup final. Now Myskina has to win her match or else Russia is in deep trouble! :eek:They'd be in less trouble if Bepa had been playing singles

Tarpischev :fiery:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Nastya took the TB 7-5, and the match 6-4 7-6(5)

Not the most convincing of wins

The final is tied at 1-1

Let's see what the genius will do now :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Nastya, lucky escape

6-4 7-6(5) :D :)

Tatiana had all court open and sent volley long (would have been 6-4 in TB)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:37 PM
bad news is that if Vera plays Dechy
Nastya cant play

so a fine mess that FARTischev has brought on himself

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Exactly!

How clueless can Tarpischev be?

He would have had so much more flexibility had Bepa played in the one of the opening two singles matches. She would have been able to take a shot at Dechy :(

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:46 PM
he just sits there doing nothing, offering nothing to the players, no support/advice

might as well as have a lampost there.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I'm glad I'm not watching this circus, otherwise I'd be :banghead:

Were the Russian players cheering from the bench?

And now I know that Bepa was there on the bench, I'm double :fiery:
It might be like how he said that Elena D was ill during the SF last year.
I don't know what to believe from him.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:54 PM
I'm glad I'm not watching this circus, otherwise I'd be :banghead:

Were the Russian players cheering from the bench?

Cheering?? hardly, occasionally :rolleyes:

French team were up on their feet most of time, every time a crucial pt was won, or even lost. Their fans were great too.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Good job by Myskina to avoid collapsing the way Kuznetsova did. But France now must believe they can win the 2004 Fed Cup and they will be tough to beat.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:58 PM
What will the Russian doubles team be if the tie is tied at 2-2?

And don't be surprised if Mary Pierce plays one of the singles matches tomorrow. :eek:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Cat....... Pierce cant play
French have named their 4 players, that cannot change.

Doubles Likhovtseva/Kuznetsova or maybe Vera/Nastya ;)

I'm only worried about Sveta tomorrow
Nastya plays 1st and better win to go 2-1.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Put Bepa in, and she will kick ass.

Imagine what she is feeling right now. Her best friend was defeated by a player that she owns, and Bepa couldn't do a thing about it.

Sveta has now played 4 matches, Nastya has played 3, Lena L. has played 1, and Bepa has played 0.

Einstein should have rested Sveta, put in Bepa, and then tried to work out what to do if things went pear shape.

Now, he can't play Bepa against Dechy without losing Nastya, Nastya will be at risk against Dechy, and if she loses, the 2nd reverse singles match is vital.

So would the genius prefer Bepa or Sveta to play that match if Russia was down 1-2, coz then Russia would also need to win the doubles match, and that raises the question of who would be playing with Elena L?

I can barely work out what I just typed, but it's the problem that Tarpischev now faces because he benched Bepa.
To him, I have this to say... :clap2: Well Done!!!

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:10 PM
1-1, and Sveta is probably exhausted. Nothing is easy in this world.

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 02:15 PM
In the year of the Russina's in women's tennis, the Russian's will win the 2004 Fed Cup. Right? I mean the year should end with a Russian fed Cup title. Especially since France doesn't have Mauresmo and Pierce to play singles. But I have a funny feeling about it coming down to the decicive double match! :eek:

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:27 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=10536
With Kuznetsova badly shaken from her loss to Dechy, Tarpischev thinks, “She will either play a really great match tomorrow or really badly."On paper, Sveta should win this match. So, if she plays really well, she will win. However, if she plays really badly, she could very easily lose.

Why the heck is Tarpischev willing to risk Sveta playing really badly???? If she loses, and Myskina wins, he'll probably need Sveta for doubles. How will she be able to focus on doubles if she has lost two singles matches?

What a genius! :banghead:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:30 PM
If it becomes 2-2, they might play Nastya-Vera. They won the KC.

TartarVicario
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Shamil,please let Vera play against Tati :bowdown:

Sveta is burn out :sad:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sveta said she is ready for reverse singles. She knows she has to make fewer errors.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:38 PM
If it becomes 2-2, they might play Nastya-Vera. They won the KC.I was thinking about that as a possibility.

I don't think it would be possible for Sveta to play both reverse singles and doubles, so I think Bepa will have to play singles. If Sveta is too tired, Bepa could also play doubles with either Nastya or Elena L.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I think it's going to be Anastasia and Svetlana tomorrow.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:56 PM
If that's the case, then Russia could be in trouble.

These are not matchups that Russia can take lightly.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 04:58 PM
A year ago, people were saying Russian women never win when it matters most.
This year, Russian women have won big match after big match.
They have to do it for one more day.

TartarVicario
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Why not let Bepa play?! :confused:

When I saw her,she was yawning all the time :p ;)

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:16 PM
If Vera is yawning, she should get some sleep:zzz: :D

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM
If Bepa needs to get some sleep, she should just read GL's posts :D

I remember how she was made a scapegoat last year, and I don't like it.

However, I think that she could turn into the heroine who wins the Fed Cup this year :yippee:

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:23 PM
I remember how she was made a scapegoat last year, and I don't like it.

However, I think that she could turn into the heroine who wins the Fed Cup this year :yippee:
If you lose both of your matches, you become a scapegoat.
It will happen to Sveta if she loses tomorrow.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:30 PM
If you lose both of your matches, you become a scapegoat.
It will happen to Sveta if she loses tomorrow.Bepa was placed in a position that she should never have been in. Who knows why Tarpischev decided to bench Elena D, but she should have played.

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Vera was gven a chance to win Fed Cup. And she didn't.
This year Sveta has been given the same chance.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Bepa should never have been given the chance to win the Fed Cup last year, but she should have been given a chance this year.

That is the magic of Tarpischev :)

goldenlox
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:42 PM
If Russia wins, everyone can share in the glory. Tomorrow are the kinds of matches that champions win.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Shamil,please let Vera play against Tati :bowdown:

Sveta is burn out :sad:
this could still be a possibilty......

Nastya plays 1st match and you can make a change even as they are playing, but there is a time limit. (complicated stuff)

So one of Vera or Sveta will disappear from stands tomorrow (who ever that is will be playing)

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:16 PM
There is reason for Russian tennis fans to be nervous for tomorrow. :eek: Sveta and Vera are running on empty so Myskina beating Dechy is a must win in my eyes.

Epigone
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Bepa hasn't played this week, so I'm sure that she can manage at least one match. Afterall, she is representing Russia, and that's very important to her :)

the cat
Nov 27th, 2004, 06:34 PM
But Sveta is the U.S. Open champion and I can't see Tarpischev pulling her now. Going into the final I would have told Vera and Sveta that Vera is playing Dechy and Sveta is playing Golovin.

tenn_ace
Nov 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM
just wondering (it's a good time to start): will Lena D. and Maria S. have the last laugh?

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 06:36 AM
just wondering (it's a good time to start): will Lena D. and Maria S. have the last laugh?It's hard to say, as Tarpischev has only mentioned Nastya, Sveta, and Maria in his plans for next year, and that won't work.

There's the problem that Nastya and Nadia probably won't play with Maria, and nobody knows why Lena D. hasn't been selected this year. It's one giant mess.

I guess the good thing for Tarpischev is that some players will be willing to play for Russia, no matter how much he screws them over.

Daniel
Nov 28th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Vamos Nastya and Sveta, keep focus and win :bounce:

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Nastya opened against Dechy with an ace :clap2:

It will be interesting to see who plays in the remainder of the matches.

I sure hope that Tarpischev's selection choices don't backfire in his face :o

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Nastya took the 1st set 6-3 :bounce:

Keep up the good work!

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Nastya failed to convert a BP at 4-2 :sad:

She is now serving for the match at 6-3 *5-4

Sveta had the same scoreline against Dechy yesterday :scared:

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Nastya won 6-3 6-4 :bigclap:

Russia leads 2-1

I hope Shamil is playing Bepa in the next match :angel:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Nastya played a pretty good match, served good :)
could have made it easier with a double break in 2nd

but alls well that ends well :)

Nastya solid as a rock :) :D :hug:

and Boris came and gave her another :hug: :lol:

Nastyafan
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Perfect job Nastenka!:yeah: :kiss:
Russia and Boris should be very proud with you:angel:
Nastya should take Boris when she plays next time with Masha . He will curb Yuri:boxing:

Nochi
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:12 AM
more 1 point ....
it wouldnt be 2-2 coz Kuzzy will defeat Golovin !!!

tenn_ace
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:23 AM
It's hard to say, as Tarpischev has only mentioned Nastya, Sveta, and Maria in his plans for next year, and that won't work.

There's the problem that Nastya and Nadia probably won't play with Maria, and nobody knows why Lena D. hasn't been selected this year. It's one giant mess.

I guess the good thing for Tarpischev is that some players will be willing to play for Russia, no matter how much he screws them over.

that's why I've been saying this for about 2 years: ranking should be the only criteria for team selection (provided player wants to play on the team). And that should have been VERY clear from the start (with the new crop of players coming)

tenn_ace
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:24 AM
btw, well done Nastya! :kiss:

katiektc
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:32 AM
more 1 point ....
it wouldnt be 2-2 coz Kuzzy will defeat Golovin !!!

First set Golovin..............

tenn_ace
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:33 AM
oh my... Sveta :rolleyes:

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Golovin took the 1st set 6-4

Sveta :o

Davai!!!!

Tarpischev :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Sveta not taking her chances :fiery:
too negative on big pts

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Sveta's gone :o :rolleyes:

tenn_ace
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Fartishcev was right about one thing: Sveta would have a bad match after being so disspoainted after the first one.

just one question to the idiot: why not to let Vera play then?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Sveta broken 0-2 :o
Golovin too aggressive when it counts

Sveta :smash:

i bet Fartischev lets her play doubles too :o

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:49 AM
she got break back but i'm not holding my breath
Sveta is in terrible form/confidence.

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:54 AM
I bet Fartischev lets her play doubles too :oI wouldn't put it past him :rolleyes:

Is there any word on whether or not Bepa is ready to play?

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:55 AM
u can safely say the goose is cooked

Sveta's FH breaks down again 1-3
so many UE's :help:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 11:59 AM
a lame, limp ending now from Sveta :smash:
just awful

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Golovin serving for the match at 5-1 :o

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:05 PM
6-4 6-1

Sveta :fiery: :smash:

just weak, feeble, braindead stuff

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Golovin wins 6-4 6-1

Tarpischev, you are an ass

Now, tell Sveta to play doubles, and complete the "How to lose a final that we should have already won" course :rolleyes:

vaiva
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:29 PM
The 2004 Fed Cup champion nation will now be decided in the doubles. Russia has changed its original line-up, taking out Elena Likhovtseva and replacing her with Anastasia Myskina, winner of both her singles matches. The Russian No. 1 will team with Vera Zvonareva against France's Marion Bartoli and Emilie Loit, whose pairing is unchanged.

From fedcup.com

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Bepa and Nastya work well together most of the time, so I think this was a good change to make.

I'm still wondering why Tarpischev decided to play Sveta in 5 matches, and I don't know why he wants to add Maria to the team when he can't even properly manage the players that he's already got :scratch:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:42 PM
good luck Nastya/Vera :) :D

Emptiness
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Oh dog. Anastasia and Vera have to win. To lose when Pierce and Momo weren't even there? Pathetic. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-noshake.gif

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Bepa/Nastya break early, and lead *2-0 :dance:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:57 PM
2-0 :yeah: :D :)
good play Nastya :D :)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 28th, 2004, 12:59 PM
pffffffff awful game :mad:
2-1*

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Oh dog. Anastasia and Vera have to win. To lose when Pierce and Momo weren't even there? Pathetic. http://xs.to/pics/04102/smilie-noshake.gifOf course they are going to win :)

Bepa will rise from the bench, and with the help of Nastya, steer Russia to victory.

After the match, Nastya will talk some smack, and Bepa will drop the Cup on Tarpischev as a form of revenge.

KV
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Russia leads 3-1 15-0

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Bepa/Nastya broken again :(, but still lead 3-2*

Break!!!

Epigone
Nov 28th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Bepa/Nastya blew two BPs in the 6th game

Russia *3-3

Epigone