PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Sharapova vs Zvonareva

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Well? Whaddya think? I think it will be Maria in three: 7-5 4-6 6-2. That's my tip.

Ivan C
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:10 PM
6-2 6-4 to maria i think.

nouf
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:17 PM
6-3 4-6 6-4 for maria sure!

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:21 PM

Here's Hoping!!!

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:22 PM
6-3 4-6 6-4 for maria sure!

I dont mind HOW she wins as long as she WINS!!

Edward.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:30 PM
I want Maria to win but I have a very bad feeling about this match.

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:33 PM
I want Maria to win but I have a very bad feeling about this match.

I hope your bad feeling is wrong...

She'll have to play a lot better than she did against Brandi methinks

Ivan C
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:39 PM
whats their h2h record?

Andy Mac
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:40 PM
she played well againest brandi*confused*

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
whats their h2h record?

1-1.

Zvonerava d. Sharapova 6-7 2-6 at Memphis this year
Sharapova d. Zvonerava 6-3 7-6 at Roland Garros this year

Pretty even.

Ivan C
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Cheers, i just have a feeling that maria will whup vera.

Lemonskin.
Aug 4th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Cheers, i just have a feeling that maria will whup vera.

hey if you want any other H2H's, go http://www.mariaworld.net/headtoheads.htm!!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:00 AM
1-1.

Zvonerava d. Sharapova 6-7 2-6 at Memphis this year
Sharapova d. Zvonerava 6-3 7-6 at Roland Garros this year

Pretty even.

It doesn't make sense... Avonareva defeated AMria even though Maria defeated Zvonareva on Memphis?

But the second match you say it is alright... please take notice of what I have seen...

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:02 AM
It doesn't make sense... Zvonareva defeated Maria even though Maria defeated Zvonareva on Memphis?

But the second match you say it is alright... please take notice of what I have seen...

sorry those are the stats i got from mariaworld.net! maybe they got it wrong.

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:03 AM
I think Maria will win probably in 3 sets.
But her serve will need to improve a little so its hard for Zvonereva to find a Break.
Should be a good match!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
sorry those are the stats i got from mariaworld.net! maybe they got it wrong.They must!

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:10 AM
I think Maria will win probably in 3 sets.
But her serve will need to improve a little so its hard for Zvonereva to find a Break.
Should be a good match!

i hope she can serve like she did at wimbledon! her serve is one of the foundations of her game so when she's serving well, she'll go well.

Edward.
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:01 AM
I think its possible that Maria's serve may have been affected by Maria's drop in performance. Maria knew as we all did that Brandi was never gonna be much of a challenge and Maria possibly dropped her level of play as a result. The serve would have been affected by this. Maria now knows that Zvonareva will be a tough, tough task and I expect Maria to be firing on all cylinders as a result. This should lead to an improvement in her standard of serving.

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:16 AM
I think its possible that Maria's serve may have been affected by Maria's drop in performance. Maria knew as we all did that Brandi was never gonna be much of a challenge and Maria possibly dropped her level of play as a result. The serve would have been affected by this. Maria now knows that Zvonareva will be a tough, tough task and I expect Maria to be firing on all cylinders as a result. This should lead to an improvement in her standard of serving.

I would find a bit disappointing because any player should know that an upset can happen at any time. The great players like Davenport and Serena don't drop their level of play in the smaller matches. Maybe intensity goes up in the bigger ones but, as elena dementieva continuse to prove, you can never drop your level of play. I hope this is just inexperience on marias part.

Tapioca
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM
I really hope Maria wins but it is going to be a tough.

Against Zvonereva we all know, Maria will need to play at her best to win

Seeing her in interview today, she seems exhausted.
this is understandable with all the promotional stuff she has been doing in Montreal since the beginning of the week.

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Anyone know what time it's on?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:07 AM
you should watch the webbie....

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 04:28 AM
you should watch the webbie....

yeah i saw it starts at 7:30pm canada time... i think that translates roughly to 1:30pm-ish Australia time (one day ahead). I might be able to see it on my lunch break...

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:36 AM
yeah i saw it starts at 7:30pm canada time... i think that translates roughly to 1:30pm-ish Australia time (one day ahead). I might be able to see it on my lunch break...
Nope its not 1.30pm mate :)
7.30pm Thursday in Montreal is 9.30am Friday in Melbourne and Sydney and 7.30am Friday in Perth!!

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Nope its not 1.30pm mate :)
7.30pm Thursday in Montreal is 9.30am Friday in Melbourne and Sydney and 7.30am Friday in Perth!!

wow… is there that much time difference between the USA and Canada? I watched a few of Maria's Acura matches and they were on at about Midday. I figured it would be similar to that!

Dan23
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:45 AM
Yeah theres 3 hrs difference between San Diego (GMT-7.00) and Montreal (GMT-4.00).
San Diego is on the West Coast of the USA and Montreal is near the East Coast of Canada so theres a fair distance between them!!
Do you get any of the Rogers Cup on TV over there in Sydney?

A bit off topic, sorry :)

mandy7
Aug 5th, 2004, 06:57 AM
:unsure: uhm... i wouldn't be sad if vera wins this :bolt:

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah theres 3 hrs difference between San Diego (GMT-7.00) and Montreal (GMT-4.00).
San Diego is on the West Coast of the USA and Montreal is near the East Coast of Canada so theres a fair distance between them!!
Do you get any of the Rogers Cup on TV over there in Sydney?

A bit off topic, sorry :)

certainly not on free-to-air... dunno 'bout cable i havent got it.

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I want Maria to win but I have a very bad feeling about this match. Eddy, you have just read my mind...

7.30 p.m.....Hmmm...That's 1.30 a.m here....Eurosport is not going to broadcast that I guess...Shopping channel it will be...Yep...The last programme will be football, Kappa cup...Betis Seville vs Feyenoord....Oh well...I'm not complaining...Eurosport has earned a lot of credit recently, I'm still disappointed though...:)

Edward.
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Eddy, you have just read my mind...

:devil:

mandy7
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Eddy, you have just read my mind...

7.30 p.m.....Hmmm...That's 1.30 a.m here....Eurosport is not going to broadcast that I guess...Shopping channel it will be...Yep...The last programme will be football, Kappa cup...Betis Seville vs Feyenoord....Oh well...I'm not complaining...Eurosport has earned a lot of credit recently, I'm still disappointed though...:)
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:01 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Haha! Van mij mag Feyenoord wel tweede worden dit seizoen...

mandy7
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:45 PM
heb jij sportweek gelezen ofzo? :p
maar nee, ze worden 1e dit jaar
gullit is de man

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:56 PM
heb jij sportweek gelezen ofzo? :p
maar nee, ze worden 1e dit jaar
gullit is de man
Nah...Tweede zou al goed zijn...Ajax wordt gewoon kampioen, Feyenoord mag PSV twee keer slachten en tweede worden, AZ derde en PSV dan ergens in de middenmoot...Feyenoord kan misschien het seizoen na volgend seizoen kampioen worden...Ik verwacht dat Feyenoord het niet goed doet in het begin van het seizoen om het seizoen sterk te eindigen...Ajax verliest na dit seizoen al zijn belangrijke spelers, PSV hebben we het al helemaal niet over en dan kan een ingespeeld Feyenoord in 2006 kampioen worden...

mandy7
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:15 PM
voor wie ben jij eigenlijk?

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
yes you are riht..even after the game..i mean right after she won tsn reporters went over and interviwed her and maria even said that she needs to step her playing up to the next level and imporve a few things for the next match

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:25 PM
voor wie ben jij eigenlijk? Ajax ;)
Maar ik vind het een compliment dat je dat vraagt...

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 02:30 PM
ahhhh...soo much non engilsh going on here..man i gotta get me a language!

Tapioca
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Do you guys really need to pay to watch Sharapova's match on TV?

I though it would be broadcast on free channels like overhere.

Anyway if there is enough interest I guess tonight I can tape the Sharapova-Zvonareva match on VHS and later on make copies for those interested.

Just an idea

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM

Anyway if there is enough interest I guess tonight I can tape the Sharapova-Zvonareva match on VHS and later on make copies for those interested.

Just an idea I don't have to pay...But the only channel here broadcasting the non-grand slams is Eurosport and they don't cover everything...Wimbledon and the French Open have good coverage here from Dutch channels...The US Open and the Australian Open are covered by Eurosport but not very well...Also because of the time difference...
Where are you from by the way?

Tapioca
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
I don't have to pay...But the only channel here broadcasting the non-grand slams is Eurosport and they don't cover everything...Wimbledon and the French Open have good coverage here from Dutch channels...The US Open and the Australian Open are covered by Eurosport but not very well...Also because of the time difference...
Where are you from by the way?

Montreal
so I did get to see her play!

Andy Mac
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:53 PM
nice im from toronto....and i see it live on tv!

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Montreal
so I did get to see her play! Nice for you!
Unfortunately there's only one WTA tournament here, and it's Tier 3 or so...:sad:

mandy7
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Nice for you!
Unfortunately there's only one WTA tournament here, and it's Tier 3 or so...:sad:
i went there twice
and its awesome, so don't :sad:
just go there
and go to antwerp, that can't be too far away
from where you live right?

ciao M

Frank
Aug 5th, 2004, 05:35 PM
i went there twice
and its awesome, so don't :sad:
just go there
and go to antwerp, that can't be too far away
from where you live right?

ciao M There are never players there that I like...And you're pretty close, living in Rotterdam...I live way up north...Antwerp would be a possibility though...It's Tier 2, isn't it?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 5th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Allez Maria!
Vamos Maria!
C'mon Maria!
Ajmo Maria!
Podme Maria!
Udachi Maria!

Beat her up!

Edward.
Aug 5th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Beat her up!

:unsure:

sharapovarulz1
Aug 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM

I hope its that!!! :yeah:

Lemonskin.
Aug 5th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Allez Maria!
Vamos Maria!
C'mon Maria!
Ajmo Maria!
Podme Maria!
Udachi Maria!

Beat her up!

Ummmm....

Yeah! What he said!!!

Alone2Gether
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:35 AM
a big disappointment to us Maria fans...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :tears:

Edward.
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Me and Knerf both said that we had bad feelings about this match- unfortunately, we were both proven true.

Dan23
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Me and Knerf both said that we had bad feelings about this match- unfortunately, we were both proven true.
yes I always thought it was danger game, a 3 set win at best.
Maria really needed her game to come together today but she still has work to do :)

Marcova
Aug 6th, 2004, 01:58 AM
First off I have to admit I did not see this game, but maybe Maria will be more disappointed by this loss that the one the other day, however she knows whether she played well or not.

Maybe next time they play she will have a better chance of winning, but I think she should be a little bit careful of this one and have a good look at her game.

Lemonskin.
Aug 6th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Its nearly three weeks before we will see masha play again :sad:

mandy7
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Allez Maria!
Vamos Maria!
C'mon Maria!
Ajmo Maria!
Podme Maria!
Udachi Maria!

Beat her up!
beat her up?
you frustrated, aggressive mean little guy!

ah well, we all know what happened

and please... enough with the Podme
masha ain't a slovak :rolleyes:

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Me and Knerf both said that we had bad feelings about this match- unfortunately, we were both proven true. Ah yes...I hate these feelings...It's striking how often my feelings are true...I've watched football matches that were just going the wrong way for my favourite team, I had a good feeling about them and they won...Also the other way around...And especially with penalty series...And with the Wimbledon quarter final, semi final and final...
It doesn't always work though...:p

Frank
Aug 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM
beat her up?

masha ain't a slovak :rolleyes: Podme...I really like that word...

Lemonskin.
Aug 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM

Ils and I are from Australia and unless its one of the Grand Slams the we get barely anything. And even this year the coverage of Roland Garros was dismal. They didnt even broadcast the mens final! Wimbledon was covered relatively well for a free-to-air channel (NOTE: we only have 5 free-to-air channels). I think FoxSports broadcasts some of the minor tourneys. And all the GS matches. FTA TV only gives you the matches people want to see. I'll bet the US Open gets crap coverage because it's on at like 3am our time.

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
yea man...every country should ahve the same channels lol..and we should all jsut watch tennis everyday lol ahahah

Tapioca
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Ils and I are from Australia and unless its one of the Grand Slams the we get barely anything. And even this year the coverage of Roland Garros was dismal. They didnt even broadcast the mens final! Wimbledon was covered relatively well for a free-to-air channel (NOTE: we only have 5 free-to-air channels). I think FoxSports broadcasts some of the minor tourneys. And all the GS matches. FTA TV only gives you the matches people want to see. I'll bet the US Open gets crap coverage because it's on at like 3am our time.

That is a shame
Well here in montreal, it was stupid since they didn't even broadcast the match Sharapova-Zvonareva live.
Our sports channel had a contractual obligation to broadcast afootball match.

Had I know I would of gone and watch the match live.

Anyway this match was one of the most exciting I have seen so far.
If anyone has missed it , I have it on tape including the pre-match interview and post match interview

Still upset that Sharapova lost

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM
ohh tapioca i know waht your tlkin about...tsn had to show teh sas roughriders and the montreal alotettes..man and becuz of that garbage they never showed the sharapova game live..they showed it at 11 tyll 1 int eh morning after sportscenter..but did u watch it?? i did! stayed up teh whole time and it was worth it!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:25 PM
:unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Eddy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:27 PM
beat her up?

masha ain't a slovak :rolleyes:

mean little guy? :lol: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :spit: :lol:

and if you are mad with hte Podme thingy... I am sorry for you.. .this is a small world!

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
no fighting!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
a big disappointment to us Maria fans...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :tears:

I can't find it dissapointing...

Andy Mac
Aug 6th, 2004, 04:41 PM
i dont really find it dissipointing either..u cant expect her to win all the time..she learns from ehr mistakes!

Alone2Gether
Aug 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM
I can't find it dissapointing...

we want maria to succeed.

Lemonskin.
Aug 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
we want maria to succeed.

And we cant expect her to make the finals of every tourney she plays! No-one does that (well, Davenport maybe :p :p :p)

mandy7
Aug 7th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I can't find it dissapointing...spoken like a true fan............ :rolleyes:
*snickers*

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 08:15 AM
who else thinks this threadstarter is making a lame point here?
raise your hand
:wavey:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127500

:lol:

-edit-
for those of you who freak out easily..
check out the first line in my last post on this thread

Lemonskin.
Aug 9th, 2004, 10:55 AM

mandy7
Aug 9th, 2004, 11:13 AM
who else thinks this threadstarter is making a lame point here?
raise your hand
:wavey:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=127663