:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :eek: :eek:

regards

Mark

AK-DH Fan
Aug 3rd, 2004, 05:35 PM
Good Job Mary, Keep it Up :) :) :)

sebbe
Aug 3rd, 2004, 05:46 PM
She played great. But her movement as usual is a little slow. But very impressive statisticts....32 winners and just only 8 unforced errors. She also came up to the net alot and did it very professional. Nice to see her again.

Berlin_Calling
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:12 PM
AWESOME WIN FOR MARY! Take out Jenn!

saby
Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:18 PM
congratulation !!!

amnesiac
Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:29 PM
great match.
she hits a lot of great winners.
she looks amazing!

doby
Aug 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
great match.
she hits a lot of great winners.
she looks amazing!
Amen. :)
I haven't seen her play that well in a long time.

Mark Spruce
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
I have about 16 pics from todays match up on my site

www.mary-pierce.org (http://www.mary-pierce.org)

regards

Mark

Andy.
Aug 3rd, 2004, 11:13 PM
Wow Mary is in devastating form she can really be a danger for this tournament. Good Luck in the next round Mary

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Mary will play Jennifer now I think. I am sure she has a good chance to win.

take care

Mark

Andy.
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:18 AM
I agree that Mary has a very good chance against Jennifer. Jennifer will be rusty and Mary is in Devastating form. this is Just the kind of win mary Needs to get going and Challenging for the top ten again. good luck Mary.

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Yes when she beat jennifer that will give her allot of confidence and happiness.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

aimee20
Aug 4th, 2004, 02:36 AM
I don't know what to do without your site Mark :)

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 4th, 2004, 03:09 AM
Mary won't be the favorite against jenny, who plays a lot better than Pratt or Weingartner does !
So that's sure Mary plays really good, but we all know that against the other hard-hitter, Mary has got a lot of problems because of she's too slow.
Mary lost easily against Serena, Kim and Venus this year, whereas Jenny beat Serena twice !
So this match against Capri will be all except easy ! Mary will have to do the perfect match, and to hit harder than Jenny ! :eek:

The only thing we have to hope is that Mary will play as well as today and yesterday, and have fun ! The crowd will, I hope, support Mary ! So, enjoy Mary, and do all you can ! :wavey:

GoSandrine
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:09 AM
Congrats Mary! :yeah:

Must have had a craving for breadsticks this week :lol:

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:00 AM
I don't know what to do without your site Mark :)
:wavey: :wavey: THANK YOU SO MUCH:wavey: :wavey:

take care

Mark

Scotso
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Two wonderful wins in a row for Mary :D always good news. keep it up against Jenn! We want some bagels, too, girl!

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I am quietly confident that Mary will pull out her 3rd win in a row here this week.

regards

Mark

JMC
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:33 AM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I am very very happy for these 2 rounds ! :p
Yes okay :devil: wait and see for next one against Jenny, okay won't be the same player to face, :confused: but i am positive because never forget that Mary is unforeseeable :eek: .....As i said before, she sometimes can be her "best ennemy", but sometimes she could beat everybody :rolleyes: !!! If not, if the problem would be only a question of player to play, how to explain the so much difference of results that she obtains from a good player and a very good one ?! I mean it would be the same then for others, but in fact not, when they lose again super champions the score isn't so disastrous that when Mary loses :fiery: ! Or one other explanation, would be that when a great champion plays Mary, they know they have to play at 100% because they know if not how dangerous she could be when she begins to be very confident in herself !? I don't know, maybe that's the reason why......

Anyway Best Luck to Queen Mary :wavey: , she is so amazing and i love her :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: !!!!!

GO GO GO MARY !!!!!

(sorry for my bad english....."désolé" ! )

NicoMary
Aug 4th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Mary won't be the favorite against jenny, who plays a lot better than Pratt or Weingartner does !
So that's sure Mary plays really good, but we all know that against the other hard-hitter, Mary has got a lot of problems because of she's too slow.
Mary lost easily against Serena, Kim and Venus this year, whereas Jenny beat Serena twice !
So this match against Capri will be all except easy ! Mary will have to do the perfect match, and to hit harder than Jenny ! :eek:

The only thing we have to hope is that Mary will play as well as today and yesterday, and have fun ! The crowd will, I hope, support Mary ! So, enjoy Mary, and do all you can ! :wavey:

Agaisnt Serena Venus an dkim it really wasn't the same deal....Mary had destroy jennifer 64 62 last year in filderstad, and the surface in Montréal seems to be as speed as filderstad's one. Jennifer just come back from a foot injury. And i'm pretty sure that she can be beat.
That Mary really is a top 15 player with great shot smart game and much more movement than in the past weeks... She diid a great job and expet if she think to much and don't stay focus Mary has a great chance to go in semi

Tompier
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Well Done Mary :bounce:

Tompier
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:23 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: I am very very happy for these 2 rounds ! :p
Yes okay :devil: wait and see for next one against Jenny, okay won't be the same player to face, :confused: but i am positive because never forget that Mary is unforeseeable :eek: .....As i said before, she sometimes can be her "best ennemy", but sometimes she could beat everybody :rolleyes: !!! If not, if the problem would be only a question of player to play, how to explain the so much difference of results that she obtains from a good player and a very good one ?! I mean it would be the same then for others, but in fact not, when they lose again super champions the score isn't so disastrous that when Mary loses :fiery: ! Or one other explanation, would be that when a great champion plays Mary, they know they have to play at 100% because they know if not how dangerous she could be when she begins to be very confident in herself !? I don't know, maybe that's the reason why......

Anyway Best Luck to Queen Mary :wavey: , she is so amazing and i love her :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: !!!!!

GO GO GO MARY !!!!!

(sorry for my bad english....."désolé" ! )

and you sound familiar :o

sweetpinks
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:40 PM

Actually, I think Mary is the favorite to win against Jenny, Mary is playing good tennis, she looks so calm and confident, I don't know if it is something to do with being in Montreal where she is loved so much but she is playing intelligent tennis and I think Jenny will have a difficult time tomorrow, I won't miss the match for anything, yes she is slow but she has been moving well so far well enough to win anyway, I say Mary will win convincinly in two sets

ashwu
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Capriati, Pierce, headed for showdown after two-set Rogers Cup wins

Tue Aug 3,10:02 PM ET

BILL BEACON

MONTREAL (CP) - WTA Tour veterans Jennifer Capriati and Mary Pierce each scored straight-sets victories on a rainy Tuesday at the $1.3 million US Rogers Cup tennis tournament.

Capriati, the fifth seed, downed Alina Jidkova of Russia 7-6 (7-3), 7-5 in a match delayed two hours 25 minutes in the second set by an afternoon thunderstorm that drenched the hardcourts at Uniprix Stadium.

The unseeded Pierce, who was born in Montreal but plays for France, needed only 55 minutes to dispatch Nicole Pratt of Australia 6-1, 6-1.

Capriati, a former world No. 1, and Pierce, once a top-10 player now ranked 28th, will face each other in the third round on Thursday. Capriati holds a 3-1 edge in career meetings between them, but Pierce won their most recent match in straight sets last year.

"She's playing well," Capriati said of Pierce, whose 16 career tournament victories include the 1995 Australian Open and the 2000 French Open "My career record against her is better, although she beat me last year.

"I've just always been able to play with a bit more variety and move a little better and that's given me the edge. I know Mary's game and she knows mine. I just have to be ready for a lot of hard-hit balls."

An evening match saw Amelie Mauresmo of France, the 2002 winner in Montreal, survive a scare from Tamarine Tanasugarn of Thailand for a 6-4, 1-6, 6-2 victory.

"It was tough in the second set," said Mauresmo. "I tried to change tactics and I concentrated a little more."

Wednesday's schedule will see the Russians invade centre court, including the opening match of the tournament for Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova against Kristina Brandi of Puerto Rico, who bounced Rita Grande of Italy 3-6, 6-3, 6-0.

Third-seeded Anastasia Myskina, fourth-seeded Elena Dementieva and Elena Likhovtseva also have centre court matches.

Capriati, who has been sidelined since Wimbledon in June with a hamstring injury, looked rusty in a error-filled first set, but then took command. She led the second set 3-0 when the rains came.

"I was a bit tight and tentative," the 28-year-old American said. "Then I got into a good rhythm, but it rained so I had to come out and do it all over again."

Capriati, who has three career grand slam titles, won the Canadian tournament in 1991 and was a finalist three more times, including in 2002 when she lost the final to Mauresmo.

For Pierce, it was a second quick win in as many days. On Monday, Pierce drubbed Marlene Weingartner of Germany 6-1, 6-1 in only 43 minutes.

"I was hitting the ball well - heavy, hard and deep - and that seems to cause problems returning the ball for my opponents," said Pierce.

"That's the key. My strength is my power. I can't forget to use that part of my game."

Pierce's father Jim is American and her mother Yannick is French. The family moved to the United States when she was a baby, but she chose to play for France in 1990 after a dispute with the U.S. Tennis Federation.

Her Montreal connection - as well as her ability to speak in French and English - has made her a favourite of the centre court crowd, particularly since all three Canadian players in the 56-woman draw were eliminated on Monday.

"I really enjoy playing here," said Pierce. "I really feel welcome here.

"It's nice to come back to the city where I was born even though I left at a very young age. I got e-mails from my mom and dad telling me where I was born, where the apartment was that they lived in and where my dad was working. I'm really excited to see all these little things of where I was when I was an infant."

Pierce is playing well again after battling injuries for much of the last three seasons. She won a tournament on grass in the Netherlands in June - her first Tour win since the 2000 French Open - but then lost in the first round at Wimbledon.

Capriati will not take her lightly.

"She's a really great player and she has those credentials behind her," Capriati said. "Going up against someone like that, you automatically are ready for everything.

"She hasn't had the greatest results, but you have to remember she is a top player - a grand slam champion - and she's been playing well."

Others to reach the third round were seventh-seeded Ai Sugiyama of Japan, who downed Daniela Hantuchova of Slovakia 1-6, 6-4, 6-4, and 12th seeded Karolina Sprem of Croatia, who took out Shinobu Asagoe of Japan 6-2, 4-6, 6-1. In first-round matches, 10th-seeded Vera Zvonareva of Russia beat Akiko Morigami of Japan 6-1, 6-3, 14th seeded Elena Bovina of Russia downed Virginia Ruano Pascual of Spain 6-1, 6-3 and 15th-seeded Chanda Rubin of the United States defeated Antonia Matic of Germany 6-4, 6-3.

ashwu
Aug 4th, 2004, 01:51 PM
keep it up mary!!!!!!!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 4th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Hi Ash,

Where did you find the interview ???

regards

Mark

ashwu
Aug 4th, 2004, 05:12 PM
hi~
it's from yahoo sports
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2150&ncid=2150&e=7&u=/cpress/20040804/ca_pr_on_sp/ten_rogers_cup

Piotrek
Aug 5th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Congrats Mary She looks great I saw her on TV and WOW She played great :hearts:
Good luck against Capriati

sweetpinks
Aug 5th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yes when she beat jennifer that will give her allot of confidence and happiness.

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark
I agree with you Mark and I am so confident that she will win, not taking anything away from Jennifer she is a bit rusty but Mary is playing with such confidence and seems to be having fun again, this win will surely make her feel like the champion she truly is, I am taping the match so I don't want to know the score before I see it, good luck Mary