PDA

View Full Version : FINAL-- MYSKINA vs DAVENPORT--Who will win?

ZX10R
Aug 1st, 2004, 04:47 AM
Wow, what a great match last nite between Myskina and Zv. I see Davenport is 2-0 against Myskina, but with Davenport's injured knee, do you think she can pull off the victory? With Myskina having to play this long/late match Sat Nite, do you think that will affect her play at all for Sunday's final? Who do you think will win and why? :)

huh?
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:02 AM
I think that if she (Lindsey) can keep playing like she has been and not get bogged down about being hesitant about her knee or how she's playing, then she will win...I hope...she just needs to (how did Bagger Vance put it) stop thinking without falling asleep...:)

ZX10R
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:06 AM
is her knee really that bad?

WSfan
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:14 AM
I give Davenport the advantage... if she continues playing like the way she's been playing in the last 2 weeks, I say she'd definitely defeat Myskina!

I mean those wins should given her a lot of confidence! :bounce:

Andrew.
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:17 AM
She's actually 3-0 against Myskina, with the last win coming at this years Hopman Cup. It was a 6-4 6-4 victory, but she was up 5-1 in both sets.

Lindsay's knee really isn't bad, and if she plays like she did in the first set today, she'll win in two sets.

foreva lindsay
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:14 AM
Lindsay!!! come on girl

Task
Aug 1st, 2004, 03:10 PM
Go Anastasia :) :)

pokey camp
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:15 PM
Awww crap I just voted for Myskina in 3 on another poll. Now I'm changing my mind again. This is a tough one.

Either way I hope it's a great match.

Jan
Aug 1st, 2004, 05:36 PM
I think Lindsay will win if she is reasonably fit (ie the state of the knee). She says she jammed a kneecap and its not the same problem area as before so she thinks she is lucky! Hopefully, she will be fit enough to take this title. Myskina will give her a good match though. I do hope it is a good match too. :)