PDA

View Full Version : Patty's Hardcourt Season to present.

Rothes
Jul 31st, 2004, 01:18 PM
To put it in perspective, Patty's Hard Court Season hasn't been the greatest, Of what I think alot of Patty Fans would of respected.

Her results to this year have been somewhat alot more consistent then other years, and from the results this year, have shown she can play on all Surfaces, Including Grass where she lost tightly to the eventual Champion, Sharapova in the Semis.

Her Hardcourt Results have been poor this year, especially in tournaments where she is ranked well above of what she has achieved. On the other hand her Doubles have been excellent, Moving into Two Semifinals with Mandula and Schett and both have been losses to the Eventual Champions.

Stanford had probably been her best result, reaching the QF loosing to Fraizer, which currently how Amy is playing would provide a game that was going to be hard to beat, though still Beatable.

Las Angeles was upset in the Second Round to Kotanic, I'll give Credit to Jelena, She has improved immensely, and is currently sitting on her highest World Ranking, but gosh, Patty even playing at her ranking should be able to steamroll someone as Jelena, Shes not that greater a player, nothing special or aurora about her, apart from a good Drop Shot, she has a moderately Consistent Game and good Net Skills, but just average in everyday Play.

Montreal provided an even more dissapointing result loosing to Harkleroad, Harkleroad has proven she can be a potential good player, being up there in the 30's, Futured as a potential grandslam winner, but her current preformances...Patty Should of Wiped her clean, Once again Patty lost it for herself, I think she had a break in the Third, and in the Second Sets, Lost it so tightly in Tiebreaker (or 7/5)

Would the Hoffman debarcle have something to do with her current preformance?

By the time the Olympics come will we see a New Schnyder?

How will she fare @ the US OPEN??

I'm not trying to write her hardcourt success of just yet, but it is concerning that she is letting herself loose to players who really pose no other threat to her or even players ranked around Patty, Surley the Carpet and Euro Hard will hopefully provide more quality results, but this strikes me as another "Erratic Patch"

If it continues, it will get a littly hard to be able to support her when she is constantly letting herself down.

*JR*
Jul 31st, 2004, 03:12 PM
Actually, PP lost to Ashley in Carlsdad (aka San Diego). And A certain name is spelled "Hofmann". Speaking of Whom, What debacle? :lol:

casanovalover
Aug 1st, 2004, 06:12 AM
nothing new from patty really. she has done the same thing since 99 - great results from time to time or a period of good results followed by a slump. she usually has a big breakout after losing a lot of matches so hopefully the olympics or US Open will be where that happens. she really needs to perform well soon because she has big points to defend from the hardcourt season and the beginning of next year

casanovalover
Aug 1st, 2004, 06:13 AM
she should have done what myriam did really and just prepare for the olympics. myraim is going to win a medal - you heard it hear first

Rothes
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Thanks Casanova for your input,

As you said, It just seems like another roller-coaster Ride Patty is currently riding, No Doubt that it probably is and hopefully a string of good results will come of it.

Hopefully this Thread can draw out beyond the Olympics, It would be good for once If we can analyse Patty until the End of the Hardcourt Season.

Patty has a few points to defend, I geuss thats why she played the California Tournaments to compensate for any loss from her points she will have to defend later on.

It's good Myriam is planning for the Olympics, More Independent Training can work to an advantage, no doubt Patty and Myriam will have a few days hard training with each other, It's most probably happening now.

I defintly think they both have a shot at a Olympic Medal in Doubles, Singles we will have to wait end see.

Rainer Hoffman
Aug 16th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Patty great year and I know she will do wel at olympics.

*JR*
Aug 16th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Patty great year and I know she will do wel at olympics.Troll! Its spelled Hofmann!

Rothes
Aug 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
Patty great year and I know she will do wel at olympics.
Rainer :wavey: :bounce: woff und deine machtguzienne??

azza
Aug 21st, 2004, 10:58 PM
Her betst win would have to be her hard fought match against Pratt :worship: :bowdown ;)

Rothes
Aug 24th, 2004, 04:40 AM
Nicolette ;) Davenport defintly in early American Clay Court.

*JR*
Aug 24th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Not counting the '04 AO (with Its Injury-riddled draw) PP has seemed to do a little better with Rainer around the last couple of years as without, but not dramatically. I hope for her sake that she can just say "I'm a grown woman" and not feel too dependent on him. (Of course, the better she plays in the US, the more the press will ask her all the "family stuff").