PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream about Jelena last night

andrewbroad
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:06 PM
I had a dream about Jelena last night. It was somewhat embarrassing, so I'll leave out some of the details...

I was at a bus-stop in Birmingham. I recalled how I had attended the DFS Classic "last year", so in the dream it must have been 2005.

It was quite crowded at the bus-stop, and Jelena was there. It was an extremely hot day, and she was bathed in smooth, shiny sweat. I couldn't resist taking a candid photo or three on my digital camera.

But when Jelena saw me taking photos, she took me for a paparazzo and asked me to hand over my camera. I refused to do so in case she had inherited her father's habit of smashing mobile phones! ;)

I can remember saying the following things to Jelena in my dream:

"Do you realise this is the first time I've ever talked to a player of whom I'm a fan? In fact this is the first time any tennis-player has ever spoken to me!"

"Good luck for Birmingham, and of course Wimbledon. You will do better than last year ."

I don't remember any actual words that Jelena said in this conversation. I do remember that I couldn't bring myself to address her as "Jelena" :o

According to Joseph Griffin's book [I]The Origin of Dreams, if you see someone in a dream and recognise their face, they're actually a symbolic representation of someone else. They're only themself if you don't see them but you feel their presence. Well I both felt Jelena's presence and saw her, but she looked more like Maria Kirilenko.

Earlier in the dream, a coquettish girl called Julia Tulyaganova (she doesn't exist outside of my dream) had tried to chat me up when I was on the toilet!

--
Dr. Andrew Broad

Just Do It
Oct 23rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
Bump :sobbing:

doktor
Oct 24th, 2010, 09:56 AM
:rolls:

Dominic
Oct 24th, 2010, 10:46 PM
That is SO cool

Just Do It
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Earlier in the dream, a coquettish girl called Julia Tulyaganova (she doesn't exist outside of my dream) had tried to chat me up when I was on the toilet!

My favourite part :sobbing:

Mashabator
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
:sobbing:

andrewbroad
Feb 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Wow – I can't believe that was 6½ years ago!

By now, two tennis-players have ever spoken to me. At Birmingham 2008, Yaroslava Shvedova thanked me for letting her back into the hotel where we were both staying. She went on to win two Major doubles titles. At Birmingham 2009, Stefanie Vögele thanked me for letting her leave Court One after she beat Naomi Cavaday there. I hope that I shall prove to have been a similar good-luck charm for Vögele, too.

And, of course, for Jelena, who now carries the fate of the #1 ranking after single-handedly (well, double-handedly on the backhand) eliminating both of the Paris 2007 finalists...