PDA

View Full Version : monday, will amelie be world no. 2?????????????????????

genie
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:50 PM
i was just reading a report of amelie's loss in the acura classic, i read she could on monday be 'leapfrogged' to world no 2 because clijsters hasn;t played or somethin, is this true?!!?!?!?!?!?!

Ekkekko
Jul 30th, 2004, 05:18 AM
But.........there's Lind & Myskina hogging behind.

LostGlory
Jul 30th, 2004, 05:32 AM
i was just reading a report of amelie's loss in the acura classic, i read she could on monday be 'leapfrogged' to world no 2 because clijsters hasn;t played or somethin, is this true?!!?!?!?!?!?!

I was just reading how the rankings work for the WTA and from what I understood is that if Davenport reaches the semis she will take MoMo's place ....if she reaches the final or wins she will be world No.2 MoMo had a great chance of becoming world number two and maybe, end the year as number one if she did well at the US open , but she blew her chances, but we still love her and will cheer her all the way to the end.....because in my opinion she is one of the most intriguing athletic personalities world wide.....everything about her is different especially her passion....

LostGlory
Jul 30th, 2004, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone check this link out...
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=124168

Josefina
Jul 30th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Hey everyone check this link out...
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=124168
OHH !!! :eek:
IS MOMO ALREADY WORLD #2 ??????
GOSH !!!!

alexia
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Nice news!
Go Momo, go!
You can be no 1.

genie
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:40 PM
i told u i told u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

go ame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lapin
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:27 PM
I think TBE is updating his rankings table on a daily basis. Sadly Lindsay can take the No. 2 position as she has just beaten Ai, so if she wins her semi final she'll overtake Amélie... :sad:

Ekkekko
Jul 31st, 2004, 02:48 AM
Apparently, that's the latest.....From http://www.wtatour.com (http://www.wtatour.com)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/ioudaious/31-7.gif

-Em-
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:18 AM
Hey but you're talking about two different rankings guys. While Lapin talks about WTA RANKING, you seem to talk about PORSCHE RACE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS RANKING. and that's the big difference;)

LostGlory
Jul 31st, 2004, 10:15 AM
Hey but you're talking about two different rankings guys. While Lapin talks about WTA RANKING, you seem to talk about PORSCHE RACE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS RANKING. and that's the big difference;)
XACTL, The Porsche Race is what they have done in 2004, where as the WTA ranking is the best 17 tournaments they entered over a period of 12 months.....2 different things completly.....but Lindsay if she wins today will take over the 2nd world ranking.....Momo has a chance if she does well at The Rogers Cup and the Olympics.....if she does well to the end of 2004 she has a chance of being even No.1....I saw the game last night between Lindsay and Ai...God, you feel Lindsay was born again , she is showing the same form that she showed in 1998...where she just won everything ....

foreva lindsay
Jul 31st, 2004, 10:46 AM
but if lindsay wins today...she'll leap frog momo

Ekkekko
Jul 31st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Haha! Just realised my mistake...Skaya.:eek: :o Nways, Lind would hop over Momo if she wins today's match.

swiss
Jul 31st, 2004, 02:36 PM
Stop, please, talking about that ranking :rolleyes: please :scratch:
1, 2, 3 doesn't matter for now, Juju and Kim are not on stage
she must win something big like .....Olympics or USO for instance :devil:
wait and see and fingers crossed :angel:

LostGlory
Jul 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
Stop, please, talking about that ranking :rolleyes: please :scratch:
1, 2, 3 doesn't matter for now, Juju and Kim are not on stage
she must win something big like .....Olympics or USO for instance :devil:
wait and see and fingers crossed :angel:

I personaly think that Ranking is very important...because 20 years from now very few people will ever know how good Momo was, they will always remember her as an X-world No. 1

-Em-
Jul 31st, 2004, 03:11 PM
I personaly think that Ranking is very important...because 20 years from now very few people will ever know how good Momo was, they will always remember her as an X-world No. 1

you're probably right. but i think that Momo should focus on the present. Point by point, match by match, tourney by tourney. And so should her fans.

And when it comes to the ranking- i want her to get on #1 spot by winning some tournaments, not becoz of the absence of the two Belgians... :angel: :angel: :angel:

genie
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:18 PM
i agree i think amelie would be much better if she was to become world no 1 by winning tournaments and grand slams, its important for her confidence as well, gosh she could be better than she is now and then she would be indestructible it would be really good if she could be word no 1 and dominate, that would be the day,,,,go amelie"""""""""""""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

~Rachel~
Aug 1st, 2004, 11:16 AM
Whoever wins the final will now become world no.2! If Myskina wins then Amelie will be pushed down to no.4 again! I'm not sure what happens if Myskina wins it by walkover though, thought I'd mention that since Lindsay seemed to have tweaked something yesterday.

Whatever happes, I'm sure Amelie will put in a good performance next week in Montreal and open up the rankings again!! :)

monica44
Aug 8th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Here we are. Montreal, August 8th... and I pretty sure that Amelie is now ranked no 2 in the world:bounce: ... Read that this morning in the papers.. I hope they got it right...:unsure: It's a really good news if it's true.. She seems to be working sooooo hard... she fully deserves that!!!:bigclap: Next step is the #1 player in the world.. I'M sure she is not too far from that... Keep up the good work!! Good luck today in the final!!:yeah:

LostGlory
Aug 8th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Definetly she will be No. 2 in the world even if she doesn't win today....Actually she is already No.2 because Myskina lost