PDA

View Full Version : Serena Vs Bovina

henree
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Any thoughts on this match. Normally I would look at the name and assume that Serena would roll over another victim. But the way Serena has been playing, I have no trust that she can beat any opponent. Has anyone ever seen Bovina play? What is her game like, and how does it match up against Serena's?

fOxYLiCiOuS
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:46 AM
U havent seen Bovina's game? :)

Where have you been?!

She can play very similar to Venus, but well sucks lately and has been injured. Which therefore make Drewy sad. :(

I think Bovina has a chance, she always seems to play decent against the top players except the Russian girls.

GoSandrine
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Elena hates noise so if I were Serena I'd jack up the grunt-o-meter. :angel:

Bleach
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:54 AM
I think Bovina has a great chance to win - Lena 6-4 7-6!

selking
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:57 AM
I have them both on my tennis pool (http://www.tennis-pool.com) site so im indecisive

tennnisfannn
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Although serena is still struggling, she has only lost to players like Jen, Lindsay and maria. So far she has stuggled but gotten past the likes of jen, amelie, dementieva, vera and svetlana. For one who was out for so long she is going incredibly well, she may not win with ease but she definitely will.

bandabou
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:51 AM
If her blisters arenŽt affecting her I expect Serena to win....Elena B can be tough, but I donŽt think sheŽll be tough enough to win two sets against Serena.

Fishnick
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:56 AM
12 months ago, Serena 2 and 2. Now,I still say Serena, but with no real conviction.

Beat
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Elena hates noise so if I were Serena I'd jack up the grunt-o-meter. :angel:

is she also disturbed by her own noise?

casanovalover
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:32 AM
if bovina plays like she did at the US Open a couple of years ago she is going to be hard work for an in form serena - let alone an out of form one.

serena will probably snap pack into form for this match and win easily

tterb
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Although serena is still struggling, she has only lost to players like Jen, Lindsay and maria. So far she has stuggled but gotten past the likes of jen, amelie, dementieva, vera and svetlana. For one who was out for so long she is going incredibly well, she may not win with ease but she definitely will.

You're right, tennnisfannn, I think we do forget some of the quality opponents Serena has beaten this season. It's probably just the couple of straight set losses in finals recently that have fans worried, but I'd say as far as a comeback goes, Serena's doing well so far. She just needs to improve her footwork and gain enough confidence to be aggressive in more of the rallies.

I think Bovina may be a challenge. Of course, with Elena, I never know when she'll play well or be absolutely awful :mad:. If she's in form, which her last two matches seem to suggest, she could conceivably win this. Her groundstrokes are deadly when she's on, and she has an efficient transition game, getting to net and putting away volleys with nice touch. However, my guess would be that Serena will prevail today in a relatively close match... maybe 5-7, 6-3, 6-2.

CJK
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Wow, people are even doubting Serena against a non-top 20 player. Maybe it WILL be a struggle for Serena.

Paneru
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Serena in 2!

Peer101
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Elena crush her :lol:

!<blocparty>!
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Well, anything could happen, Serena did loose a set in her last match, so.