PDA

View Full Version : what will dokic do when she comes back

rada
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:58 AM
jelena has taking some time off now and will be abck soon i think she has a new coach(but im sure if im right) do u think she will just come back and play bad or will she play better and start getting some good win's like the old jelena????

Good Luck anyway i hope she comes back on fire;)

Havok
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Who knows, but I'm hoping for the best.:D

thelittlestelf
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Any win over any opponent would be an improvement. I hope her personal life has calmed down a bit.

I wish you all the best Jelena!!!

Dave B
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Any win over any opponent would be an improvement. I hope her personal life has calmed down a bit.

I wish you all the best Jelena!!!

I think if Dokic gets that one win she is the type of player that can go on a run like she did mid-slump last year at Zurich. A few of these runs and Dokic can be back at it--it is just a manner of getting things going.

CJK
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:36 AM
She'll have one of those crazy press conferences which I cant wait to see;).

iloveazza
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:51 AM
I don't think she will ever get back to the top 20 let alone top 10 again.
She was just overrated and that was it. She shouldn't have been ranked as high as she was cuz she really didn't have to do as much as you normally have to to reach there.

Anna F'd Enrique
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:57 AM
i want her to do well. She is one of my favorites

faboozadoo15
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:34 AM
She was just overrated and that was it. She shouldn't have been ranked as high as she was cuz she really didn't have to do as much as you normally have to to reach there.
i think we've said this about 1000 times. it's your best 17 results, and every player on tour knows it. if someone can handle playing 25, that's a) better for their chances for their best 17 events to be stronger and b) better for the tour at large because a player like jelena showing up at a lot of events is healthy for the tour. it was a win-win situation for the wta when jelena was ranked #4 in the world. they had someone who could handle playing a lot, travelled a lot, showed up, and was exciting to watch. to say she didn't earn her spot at #4 is ridiculous.

martinafan
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:58 AM
someone in the montreal forum was saying that jelena is not playing next week....don't know where they got that info from though, but i hope it's false.

Although, if she feels like she still needs a break then please Jelena, take a rest....even if it meant taking the rest of the year off, i'd rather her do that so that she can come back strong next year in the aussie season!!!

pcrtennis
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I'm glad she's taking time off...she should have done this a LONG TIME AGO!! I think this will help her regroup and get back on track! Go Jelena!

Ivan C
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Hopefully she can reach the wimbledon semis again!

Experimentee
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:41 PM
someone in the montreal forum was saying that jelena is not playing next week....don't know where they got that info from though, but i hope it's false.

Although, if she feels like she still needs a break then please Jelena, take a rest....even if it meant taking the rest of the year off, i'd rather her do that so that she can come back strong next year in the aussie season!!!

She doesnt even play the Aussie season. Every year shes been healthy but deliberately missed it, but still travels to Tokyo to play the week after.

Joana
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:04 PM

I also heard about that, it was in Serbian newspapers. They said she might not be back until New Haven.

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:21 PM
i think we've said this about 1000 times. it's your best 17 results, and every player on tour knows it. if someone can handle playing 25, that's a) better for their chances for their best 17 events to be stronger and b) better for the tour at large because a player like jelena showing up at a lot of events is healthy for the tour. it was a win-win situation for the wta when jelena was ranked #4 in the world. they had someone who could handle playing a lot, travelled a lot, showed up, and was exciting to watch. to say she didn't earn her spot at #4 is ridiculous.
THAT IS THE BEST POST I HAVE READ IN A REALLY LONG TIME:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Come back strong jelena!!

matija-seles
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:23 PM
When she comes back, she is ... (?) going to play tennis, isn't she?

Ann
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Dokic, where is she???

Fantastic
Jul 30th, 2004, 03:28 PM
The point of taking a break (especially for Jelena) is not only to rest the body but to rest the mind and find some sort of motivation to get her going again. There's no set amount of time for this. Jelena might be motivated to play next week or she might not be motivated for two whole years. Jennifer Capriati was burnt out by the American summer of 1993. She then took a break, not only to rest her mind and body, but to find the motivation to play again. She came back with a vengeance. That's what Jelena needs to do right now. She is different from Jennifer, but I think Jelena shouldn't rush back to the tour unless she is motivated to play. Her last nine matches showed that she was lacking any energy or will to win. She kept hitting away but it amounted to nothing because the hunger wasn't there and the focus wasn't there. Once Jelena finds all that again, she too will return to the tour with a vengeance. If she returns to play again before finding a real purpose to do it, she will continue where she left off.

Hant Hant
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I hope that resting period makes dokic stronger than ever. RAWR!!!! Go Jelena! She is one of the best players to watch and she is one of my favorite because i love her attitude.

*hingis_forever*
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:06 PM
I think she will start winning again! She's too talented not to!

Truthwillout
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:15 PM

Overrated? Do you honestly think she had nearly nothing to do before becoming #5?

:confused: :confused:

CJK
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Did you just follow tennis since like last week?:rolleyes:.
She worked her ass off to get to #5, do you have any idea how hard she worked?
OMG, she is NOT overrated, she has not just 1, but 2, TWO Tier I titles.....

Dave B
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Did you just follow tennis since like last week?:rolleyes:.
She worked her ass off to get to #5, do you have any idea how hard she worked?
OMG, she is NOT overrated, she has not just 1, but 2, TWO Tier I titles.....

:worship: :worship: :worship:
She worked her butt off!

WorldWar24
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:29 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:
She worked her butt off!

Jelena gave her heart out to the tour, and what did she get in return? A burnout and no support when her father tries to take her down

Hant Hant
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:41 PM
that is soo sad, WTA should do something like provide counseling services.......something....anything.......

alfonsojose
Jul 30th, 2004, 06:10 PM
The WTA should provide her with money to hire Uma Thurman and Kill Damir :tape:

jbone_0307
Jul 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Kill Damir Volume 2. :lol: