PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Maria's racquet at the Acura Classic

Alone2Gether
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:38 AM
i was just wondering which racquet maria is using at the Acura Classic. From the picutes on www.mariaworld.net, it seems like she's using the new Prince Turbo Shark 26. Any ideas??

Atrixo
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:50 AM
You're right, it's the Prince Shark, instead of the More Attack she used at Wimbledon. I think someone said she was playtesting it in match play before Prince releases it... I think. :confused:

Dan23
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Yeah Marias using the new Shark racquet.
Shes trying it out before its launch at the US Open next month. :)

Rgds,
ils

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Maria is using Prince Even More Attack :lol:

Marcova
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Maria is using Prince Even More Attack :lol:
How do you know?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:23 AM
How do you know?

I am just joking!

lakan kildap
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:37 AM
How about Prince making a Valiant racquet?

Introducing the Prince Valiant. More "bangs" for the buck!

(this is a joke, btw, about bad hairstyles).

Andy123
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:58 AM
www.princeshark.com

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:01 PM
anyone signed up for the contest??

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:01 PM
i would love to win the racquet and frame it on my wall!!!!!!!!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:13 PM
anyone signed up for the contest??

what contest?

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:14 PM
for a chance to win a autographed prince shark racquet by maria.

Alone2Gether
the link is by Andy123

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
that will be awesome!!! i didn't notice that part...

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:32 PM
i think it's only open to us residents...

Edward.
Jul 31st, 2004, 08:18 PM
Nice racket

Marcova
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:59 AM
i was just wondering which racquet maria is using at the Acura Classic. From the picutes on www.mariaworld.net, it seems like she's using the new Prince Turbo Shark 26. Any ideas??

I have one idea.

Does she have a choice about which one she uses?

Has she made any public or private comment about whether this one is better or worse than the one she used at Wimbledon, and was that one made specially for her?

Edward.
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:42 AM
She probably doesn't publicly give her opinions on rackets. Prince wouldn't want to jeapordise the sales of one particular racket by having a player release a statement concluding it is inferior to a previous racket. Maria probably gives her opinions behind closed doors.

Frank
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:54 AM
That contest is weird...I can choose a country so I chose The Netherlands, filled in my address and all...And now they want to know what state I'm living in...What's the point in asking which country you're living in when you have to give a US state? :cuckoo:

sharapovarulz1
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:31 PM
Nice racket

It is quite nice but i prefer the racket she used at wimbledon! :yeah:

Alone2Gether
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:34 PM
It is quite nice but i prefer the racket she used at wimbledon! :yeah:

i like the prince more attack s 920 too.

sharapovarulz1
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:38 PM
i like the prince more attack s 920 too.

Im glad you agree! :D :yeah:

.ivy.
Aug 1st, 2004, 08:57 PM
The color was actually different because her old one was silver and this one was blue, it's too bad that she lost with it.

Edward.
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:10 PM
I prefer the new racket, because I prefer blue more than silver. :p

Andy123
Aug 1st, 2004, 09:52 PM
I thinke maria should get a contract with Babolat next- their rackets would suit her better than Prince- more her style of play

sharapovarulz1
Aug 1st, 2004, 10:01 PM
I thinke maria should get a contract with Babolat next- their rackets would suit her better than Prince- more her style of play

Na i think she should stay with prince! :yeah: But its up to her obviously :angel:

Alone2Gether
Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:13 PM
here's an article about the Prince Shark. Seems like she played a role in the development of this racquet...

Bordentown, NJ – Two weeks removed from the biggest victory of her career, Prince star, 2004 Wimbledon Singles Champion and World No. 8 Maria Sharapova has announced she will play with the new Prince Turbo Shark racquet in preparation for the hardcourt tournament season leading up to the U.S. Open. A co-creator of the Shark who had a major hand in the development of the racquet, Sharapova looks forward to the added benefits, which includes controlled power, according to Bill Foy, president of Prince Sports USA.

“Maria has used Prince racquets for over a decade and was an instrumental member of the Shark development team,” said Foy. “She has such high confidence in switching to the Shark right after her dominating performance at Wimbledon because of her involvement in the overall creation of this racquet. The Shark is designed for players who want a bit more pop in their game without sacrificing control, and Maria herself has referred to it as solid, quiet, powerful and deadly.”

Sharapova, 17, is coming off the biggest victory of her career after defeating two-time defending champion, and No. 1 seed, Serena Williams, in straight sets to win the women’s singles championship at Wimbledon. In doing so, Sharapova became the first Russian to win Wimbledon, and the third youngest women’s champion in the history of tennis. Sharapova was making her first appearance in a Grand Slam Final and only her second appearance at the All England Club. Even with her championship success, she has no hesitation in switching to the Shark racquet.

“I think tennis players of all abilities are going to benefit from the added performance of the Shark,” said Sharapova “I have worked closely with Prince’s development team to craft the racquet, and I’m thrilled with the results. I’m looking forward to putting the Shark’s controlled power into action this summer.”

Doc
Aug 4th, 2004, 12:52 AM
I'm sure she said in one of her interviews that she wasn't bothered what racquet she used. I think a lot of that article is just advertising copy.