PDA

View Full Version : Chanda Rubin (USA) vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS): Who will win?

Ladingda
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:43 AM
They've had a pretty dead even head-to-head, they are basically equals with Myskina having a bit more power on her strokes. The last time they played was in the Australian Open where Chanda was dismissed 6-7 6-2 6-2, although that wasn't the best tennis from Chanda. Anastasia has found new confidence but hasn't been playing that well since Roland Garros. Who will win?

Chanda Rubin (USA) vs. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)

4 Australian O. Feb 1 2004 A Myskina(6) - C Rubin(9) 6-73 6-2 6-2
4 Australian O. Jan 26 2003 A Myskina(8) - C Rubin(10) 4-6 6-4 6-1
SF Hongkong Jan 5 2003 C Rubin(3) - A Myskina(2) 6-4 6-3
F Eastbourne June 23 2002 C Rubin - A Myskina 6-1 6-3
2 Amelia I. Apr 16 2000 C Rubin(15) - A Myskina 6-1 3-6 6-4
1 Moscow Oct 24 1999 A Myskina-Q - C Rubin 6-4 6-3

goldenlox
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Myskina will win. No Russian has lost in San Diego this week. Except in an all-Russian match.

esquímaux
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:50 AM
The odds ain't pretty, but there's always a chance :D Bring your A game with you Chanda :lol::yeah:

CJ07
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:55 AM
I think Myskina will win. I think she's out to prove something this summer

thelittlestelf
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Chanda has a much better serve than Myskina and hits a little bit harder, but Myskina mixes it up well. Hard to tell... I'll give the slight edge to Myskina because Chanda has played so few matches, however never forget that Chanda can play brilliantly on any given day.

tterb
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Chanda's got the bigger forehand, Myskina the bigger backhand. Both are very quick and move well around the court. Both can also be pretty streaky. Anastasia can mix things up with the best of 'em, but I'm hoping Chanda takes this one by pressuring Myskina and getting to net.

Good luck to both girls. Get back to the top 20, Chanda! :kiss:

peanuts
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Myskina will win. No Russian has lost in San Diego this week. Except in an all-Russian match.
yep!! so far so good :) :) :)

Leo_DFP
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Myskina will thrash her.

Speaking of Nastya vs. Chanda at the Aussie Open this year, those last two sets from her in that match were the best two sets I've ever seen her play. Pure gold on the backhand.

Chandafan13
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Chanda will prevail in 3 tough sets... Ever since winning the French Myskina has been dissapointing and hasnt really lived up to that post-Grand Slam hype. Although both players are phenomenal and anyone can take it, I think Chanda is the one out to prove something, and judging by the high level of play she's had this tourney and the closeness of their previous matches, I'm gonna go with a Rubin win.

Prediction:

Chanda Rubin d. Anastasia Myskina 4-6, 7-6, 6-4

Leo_DFP
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Well, she's only played one event since the French Open, Chandafan13. I wouldn't say just yet that she hasn't live up to the post-Slam hype.

Dave B
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Chanda will prevail in 3 tough sets... Ever since winning the French Myskina has been dissapointing and hasnt really lived up to that post-Grand Slam hype. Although both players are phenomenal and anyone can take it, I think Chanda is the one out to prove something, and judging by the high level of play she's had this tourney and the closeness of their previous matches, I'm gonna go with a Rubin win.

Prediction:

Chanda Rubin d. Anastasia Myskina 4-6, 7-6, 6-4

Post slam hype? All I heard was how she didn't deserve to win :rolleyes: . Chanda could definitly win this on a good day, as she can beat almost anyone when she is on, but Myskina has the mental fortitude to weather through Chanda's usual streakiness. I think Myskina will take it in three.

mboyle
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:33 AM
and that proves what? Myskina will lose 0-6; 0-6

mboyle
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:35 AM
There was a TON of post slam hype. Suddenly all the news reporters were saying that Venus wouldn't get through her section w/ Myskina in the draw, as if that were a factor at all in Venus not getting through. Also, the news casters talk about her like she is a legitimate threat to take the US Open or something, like she is the current best player in the world. At the same time, they down talk Sharapova and say that she is too young to live up to the expectations, and that she won't back it up.

martinafan
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Good Luck to Myskina!

I would really like to see her consolidate her RG win with some great results this summer. So that people will FINALLY stop underestimating her!

She is a MUCH better player than most people give her credit for!

JLDementieva
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Nastya in will win in 2

CJK
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Nastya in 3:D. Chanda will probably get a lot of crowd supports against Nastya. But Nastya is so good on hardcourt:).

casanovalover
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:57 AM
it is really too tough to call IMO. if myskina is at the top of her game and chanda is as well then it will be a great match. if one player doesn't show up i suspect it will be a very easy result for other, especially if chanda is the one who doesn't show up

Vass22
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:20 AM
There was a TON of post slam hype. Suddenly all the news reporters were saying that Venus wouldn't get through her section w/ Myskina in the draw, as if that were a factor at all in Venus not getting through. Also, the news casters talk about her like she is a legitimate threat to take the US Open or something, like she is the current best player in the world. At the same time, they down talk Sharapova and say that she is too young to live up to the expectations, and that she won't back it up.

She played only one tournament after RG, where do you expect her to back it up? Wimbledon was unfortunate, but let's wait and see if she would back things up at a surface she's good at.
Nastya didn't get enough credit and attention after winning RG... "People talked about her winning the USO (please count the number of articles saying that. 1,2,3 ?) as if she's No.1." - She's number 4 in the world. Most likely she'll be No2 seed in USO, but she can even be the number 1 seed.

V-MAC
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Myskina will thrash her.

Speaking of Nastya vs. Chanda at the Aussie Open this year, those last two sets from her in that match were the best two sets I've ever seen her play. Pure gold on the backhand.

yeah I must admit Myskina played simply awesome in the final 2 sets of that match but Chanda let her dominate.She pulled her foot of the gas after squeezing out that first set and was then just overwhelmed before she knew what happened.

Anyway on to this match, Chanda can win if she opts to really mix up her game and trys to force her way to the net. I don't think she is ready yet to compete with Myskina blow for blow from the baseline.Thus I think that if Chanda mixes it up enough, she'll triumph. Result: Chanda Rubin bt Anastasia Myskina 6-3 6-3 :bounce:

Zhao
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Chanda will pull this out...

volta
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:36 PM
i hope Chanda but it´s very hard to see who´s gonna win. this 2 have always good matchs

Spunky83
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:55 PM
Myskina will thrash her.

Yes, along with her match vs. Jen at the FO in my opinion. Though, you know that first set of the AusOpen was the FUNNIEST ever I have seen Nastya play (or may I better say freak out) :lol: ...I hope Chanda won´t bring out her temper again :devil:

Leo_DFP
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Errrm, I think there's A LOT more Sharapova hype going on than you realize. It's almost sickening.

jan.
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Myskina in two easy sets

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I think Chanda...... she has been playing better and better in each match now that she is not injured, while Nastya hasnt done much of anything since winning the FO....

LucasArg
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM
I hope Chanda!:)

*hingis_forever*
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I think Chanda...... she has been playing better and better in each match now that she is not injured, while Nastya hasnt done much of anything since winning the FO....
This is only her second tournament since the FO so she hasn't had much of a chance
to do anything! :rolleyes:

sarza
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Myskina in two :)

Experimentee
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I remember their match at the AO this year being quite ugly. Neither of them played well but Chanda was much worse.

CapFan#1
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:08 PM
This is only her second tournament since the FO so she hasn't had much of a chance
to do anything! :rolleyes:
Right.... she hasnt done much of anything since winning the FO, including playing tourneys!!!! And the 3 matches she has played since the FO have been less then stellar from Ms. Myskina. That is why I think Chanda will win........

and dont :rolleyes: at me!

jacobruiz
Jul 29th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Where do you get your news?:confused:

esquímaux
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:37 PM
I remember their match at the AO this year being quite ugly. Neither of them played well but Chanda was much worse.

Tell me about it :lol::eek: Wasn't this the match with Chanda's infamous 50 mph-powder-puff-1st-serve? :tape::tape::haha:

kyk710
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:50 PM
The first set was very high quality I thought, but the rest was kind of an errorfest from Chanda (the aussie match).

Anyways back to this match. I don't get why ppl in this thread are saying that Myskina hits harder than Chanda. Have you seen Chanda's forehand? I can't think of ANY players with a bigger forehand than Chanda. As for the result - I think on American hardcourt Chanda has a much better chance then she did in Australia. This is her favorite surface, and she should have the crowd behind her. I predict Chanda 7-5 2-6 7-5.

kyk710
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Tell me about it :lol::eek: Wasn't this the match with Chanda's infamous 50 mph-powder-puff-1st-serve? :tape::tape::haha:
:haha:
Let's not talk about Chanda's serve at the Australian Open :o . I think she was trying to imitate Dementieva.

E. Blackadder
Jul 29th, 2004, 05:54 PM
i'm afraid chanda doesn't stand a chance, she lacks match rhythm

Bероника
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Well,let's hope Chanda will win this one...Vamos!!!

V-MAC
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:03 PM
yes Chanda's serve speed went completely AWOL in Australia. back to that aussie open 4th-round match, Chanda played a sparkling first set, well for 3/4 of it.I remember she rushed out to a 4-0 lead then got pegged back by Myskina but then Chanda played some superb shots to win the tiebreak.........but that was where Chanda's effort ended, she forgot to play the next 2 sets :( and it did turn into a disappointing slopfest from her. but that was then, I think Chanda has been working on her serve though since and I honestly think she will win win this in straight sets.hope she does win this, it would really announce her comeback :bounce:

Hurley
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM
and that proves what? Myskina will lose 0-6; 0-6

This was close.