PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I heard tennis is coming back to Madison Square Garden

Phoebe99
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:57 PM
I heard from a tennis pro in nyc that Superset Tennis is coming to MSG next December 2005!!!! I can't wait!!!! She said it will be both mens and womens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed seeing the women every November at the Chase.....so glad they are coming back with the men. Does anyone else have any more information?

mboyle
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:15 PM
um, that is a year and a half away:tape: .

Tompier
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I don't care :)

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
um, that is a year and a half away:tape: .

oh thats pretty soon, have to hurry up and get ready then. Im counting the days til RG already.

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM
I heard from a tennis pro in nyc that Superset Tennis is coming to MSG next December 2005!!!! I can't wait!!!! She said it will be both mens and womens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed seeing the women every November at the Chase.....so glad they are coming back with the men. Does anyone else have any more information?

When do the men play in NYC? Im coming in November probably, maybe for thanksgiving..........MMMMMMMMMMM Turkey.

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:31 PM
Superset Tennis is coming to MSG next December 2005
Dear lord...so little time...Let me hurry and leave work early so I can get in...:rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:33 PM
When do the men play in NYC? Im coming in November probably, maybe for thanksgiving..........MMMMMMMMMMM Turkey.
Thanksgiving through Christmas is my fave time in NYC...The tree @ Roc Center, the dept store windows (Barney's :hearts: )...The cold air...the snow...Christams Carols and every corner...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...good times...:angel: :worship:

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Superset tennis? Who cares, I want the YEC back in MSG dammit!

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I know i know, i am a nyorker... 7 years in Brooklyn baby, used to work above times square, and only 2 blocks from the center. but is there tennis in November, that is the real question? is there tennis? and when the hell is thanksgiving anyway?

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:38 PM
LEO_DFP...Re your sig...:drool:

MARY PIERCE: I just felt like I was starting to scratch the surface of cuming into myself I just feel like I have more in me. :hearts: :drool:

Cam'ron Giles
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I know i know, i am a nyorker... 7 years in Brooklyn baby, used to work above times square, and only 2 blocks from the center. but is there tennis in November, that is the real question? is there tennis? and when the hell is thanksgiving anyway?
Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday in November...:wavey:

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of November. I remember last Thanksgiving there was some Superset thing televised with players like Agassi, Mirnyi, Ginepri, Dent, etc. but it wasn't in MSG at the time.

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
LEO_DFP...Re your sig...:drool:

MARY PIERCE: I just felt like I was starting to scratch the surface of cuming into myself I just feel like I have more in me. :hearts: :drool:
I know, I love that quote. :hearts:

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:41 PM
so are you saying there is tennis in NY around or on thanksgiving?

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Yes, according to Phoebe's rather unreliable source. ;) Let's wait and see an official statement before we get too excited. I won't be excited either way, because Superset tennis about as exciting to me as WTT. :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Speaking of fun sigs, I love yours, FB! Queen rocks! :rocker: :hearts: :bounce: :D

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Please please please pm me if you find out about tennis in November. i can change my flight schedule accordingly. Id love to see some tennis in November and take my father with me, itll be fun.

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:48 PM
If I hear more about it, I'll let you know.

"Sluggy"
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Thank you very very much.

FanDeJen
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I donīt know about the women but I know for sure that the men are not playing in NY.
The ATP has already given the end of the year tournament to China for 5 years, starting in 2005.

faboozadoo15
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:32 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if the year enders for men and women went to nyc???
i'd love it...

Leo_DFP
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:58 AM
I donīt know about the women but I know for sure that the men are not playing in NY.
The ATP has already given the end of the year tournament to China for 5 years, starting in 2005.
We're not talking about the YEC, which will be in Shanghai for the next 3 years I believe (not 5). But it's Superset tennis which is possibly coming to the MSG. That's an exhibition event with an 8-player draw, 1-set matches, and quite possibly a fixed outcome. ;)

Leo_DFP
Jul 29th, 2004, 03:00 AM
wouldn't it be awesome if the year enders for men and women went to nyc???
i'd love it...
I'm totally with you on that one. Well, I actually like that the men change locations often for their YEC. Spread the love around the world, you know. But the women were always at MSG every November for so many years that I wish they would come back permanently.

the bambi
Jul 29th, 2004, 06:27 AM
that's great news! i always loved driving up and it was great being indoors for a change because during some years the extreme heat and humidity at key biscayne and amelia island can take the fun out of going to the tournaments.