PDA

View Full Version : Can Maria win US Open?

Eric Cantona
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:04 AM
I think yes. She'll kick some ugly williams ass, mauresmo(very ugly) would be a walk in the park if she had to play her. Davenport would be a hard match as proven at wimbledon, I hope that will be the US Open final.

MARIA! MARIA! MARIA!!! SO beautiful!

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Of course I really hope she will win the US Open. It depends on a lot different things though. If Maria is in top form, I think she can win. But a lot can happen: injuries, fatigue or just a plain bad day. In any case, I believe Maria has the potential to win the US Open, and I certainly hope so, but we'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks. At least we can see a positive side of her missing the Olympics now, she'll be able to do a proper preparation for the US Open. Although I still think it's a shame she's missing Athens...

Memorex_1111
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM
All of the seeded players can win the tournament, it´s gonna be tough but I think she can pull through. Go Maria! :bounce:

Eric Cantona
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Main contenders: Sharapova, Davenport and S Williams.

NOT mauresmo, cos she doesn't win grand slams.

Andy123
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:55 AM
i think mauresmo has a chance- she doesnt do well at roland garros because of all the pressure on her- like henman at wimbledon.

Eric Cantona
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Lets hope for the IMAGE of the sport, the 2 Williams and mauresmo don't win :lol: If Maria wins then that would be the best thing ever. :worship:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:02 PM
her enemies shall be...

Dementieva, Williams, Henin-hardenne, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Myskina, Davenport, Capriati...

while the people that only makes things a little bit vomplicated, yet they will not beat her are....

Martina Navratilova, Paola Suarez, etc.

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:03 PM
her enemies shall be...

Dementieva, Williams, Henin-hardenne, Mauresmo, Clijsters, Myskina, Davenport, Capriati...

while the people that only makes things a little bit vomplicated, yet they will not beat her are....

Martina Navratilova, Paola Suarez, etc.

Well, Suarez beat her on clay at Roland Garros. Let's hope Masha has learned from that loss...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Well, Suarez beat her on clay at Roland Garros. Let's hope Masha has learned from that loss...

Suarez type of game is too lagg for hard court.... that is why she never succeds... with the exception of Roland Garros of course.... That kind of game she has is only for doubles and clay....

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I was refering to clay only. Maria shouldn't have any problems at all with Suarez on hardcourt and grass...

sharapovarulz1
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I believe she can win the us open allthough it may be a tough ride! :eek:

Dan23
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Of course I really hope she will win the US Open. It depends on a lot different things though. If Maria is in top form, I think she can win. But a lot can happen: injuries, fatigue or just a plain bad day. In any case, I believe Maria has the potential to win the US Open, and I certainly hope so, but we'll have to see what happens in the coming weeks. At least we can see a positive side of her missing the Olympics now, she'll be able to do a proper preparation for the US Open. Although I still think it's a shame she's missing Athens...
That pretty much sums it up :) Maria can definitely win!
Hopefully the draw is good and she can build momentum as she goes.
Maria tends to lift against the great players which is a real positive.

Cheers,
ils

Andy Mac
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
howcome it says banned under cantonas name yet hes still typing posts to us?*confused* lol...

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Cantona is already banned? That's quick! :eek: I believe this was his first or second day on the forum... :hatoff:

Andy Mac
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:54 PM
haha he only had 17 posts...wonder what he said to get himself banned...anyone know him personally?

Dan23
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Cantona is already banned? That's quick! :eek: I believe this was his first or second day on the forum... :hatoff:
Yeah its his first day :haha:
He was out in the general forums firing off all sorts of posts :lol:

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:42 PM
haha he only had 17 posts...wonder what he said to get himself banned...anyone know him personally?

Yes I know him.

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I think yes. She'll kick some ugly williams ass, mauresmo(very ugly) would be a walk in the park if she had to play her. Davenport would be a hard match as proven at wimbledon, I hope that will be the US Open final.

MARIA! MARIA! MARIA!!! SO beautiful!

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Yes I know him.

I think you are him!

Atrixo
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I hope Maria has a somewhat decent draw for the U.S Open; one that's no more easy or difficult than any other of the top ranked, seeded players. If she does well in San Diego, it's a sign that Maria is making the necessary adjustments on hardcourt. We know she'll bring her mental game; with confidence from doing well in San Diego; with a decent draw; Maria will be definitely one of the favourites to win it all at the U.S. Open. :)

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I think you are him!

What do you mean? I think his threads are very thoughtful.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:23 PM
anywyas... we don't even know if she will beat Pierce or Dulko.. This is senseless to me... At least right now...

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:27 PM
anywyas... we don't even know if she will beat Pierce or Dulko.. This is senseless to me... At least right now...

You need to have a bit more confidence in maria. Dulko or Pierce? come one lets be serious now. When was the last time there was such an upset?

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
You need to have a bit more confidence in maria. Dulko or Pierce? come one lets be serious now. When was the last time there was such an upset?
Just now when Alicia Molik beat Amelie Mauresmo a couple of moments ago...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM

ha ha ha!!! Everyone in Tennis Palace, tennis-pool, Inside-tennis.com, and the some people who come to Wtaworld knew that I always had confidence that she was going to win wimby... Ohh newbies!

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Just now when Alicia Molik beat Amelie Mauresmo a couple of moments ago...

Mauresmo is a choker, cannot handle any pressure at all. Maria is NOT the same.

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:32 PM
You have also been a newbie once Duiz............

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:33 PM
ha ha ha!!! Everyone in Tennis Palace, tennis-pool, Inside-tennis.com, and the some people who come to Wtaworld knew that I always had confidence that she was going to win wimby... Ohh newbies!

Yeah but that was on GRASS. But now you don't seem to be too confident, you seem to give me that impression.

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Mauresmo is a choker, cannot handle any pressure at all. Maria is NOT the same.

Am I saying Maria is the same as Mauresmo??? :confused: HELL NO!! Everybody knows Mauresmo chokes every now and then, but losing to Molik in a second round is something else than choking in a Grand Slam final...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah but that was on GRASS. But now you don't seem to be too confident, you seem to give me that impression.
:lol: ha ha ha! I can't say anything else!

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Am I saying Maria is the same as Mauresmo??? :confused: HELL NO!! Everybody knows Mauresmo chokes every now and then, but losing to Molik in a second round is something else than choking in a Grand Slam final...

Good. I mean I just don't know why mauresmo is rated so highly. I see NOTHING in her.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Good. I mean I just don't know why mauresmo is rated so highly. I see NOTHING in her.
:eek: :eek: :eek: What? You see nothing on Mauresmo? Mauresmo is a wizerd with the ball!!! She is like Kim Clijsters... she just came in the wrong moment....

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:43 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: What? You see nothing on Mauresmo? Mauresmo is a wizerd with the ball!!! She is like Kim Clijsters... she just came in the wrong moment....

Its just that some people are saying she is as good or even better the TOP players like Sharapova, which is just ridiculous. :mad:

Andy123
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Big muscles too............................

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Big muscles too............................

Mauresmo? yeah she's a man ;)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:06 PM

I think the same thing!

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:08 PM

She's not my type either... ;)
I would suggest though not to make real insults on these boards. Not that I care, but your reputation is bad already and if you keep it up you will probably be banned eventually. Just a thought of my humble mind... ;)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:11 PM
I would suggest though not to make real insults on these boards. Not that I care, but your reputation is bad already and if you keep it up you will probably be banned eventually. Just a thought of my humble mind... ;)

I think he is Eric Cantona... He seems pretty suspicious!

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I think he is Eric Cantona... He seems pretty suspicious!
You really think so? Why? Did I miss something?

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:14 PM

Well if i posted it in the french forum i might get banned, but i think more people on this forum would appreciate what i have to say. esp my compatriots ;)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Well if i posted it in the french forum i might get banned, but i think more people on this forum would appreciate what i have to say. esp my compatriots ;)

The French people?

Wigglesworth
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:20 PM
The French people?

Don't insult me like that.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Don't insult me like that.

I am French Descendant... Even though I dislike Pierce, there is players like Golovin and Mauresmo that have my support.. no matter how they look like!

Please stop insulting people like that.. Because i think it is matter of time for you to get banned!

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:30 PM
He already is banned! Anybody knows why?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:34 PM
ha ha ha!!! It is easy!!! He is a jerk!!! I knew it!!!

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:36 PM
ha ha ha!!! It is easy!!! He is a jerk!!! I knew it!!!
Duiz, for some reason I knew you were going to say this... ;) :D
But seriously, he wasn't really clever insulting everybody on all kind of threads...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:40 PM
he wasn't really clever insulting everybody on all kind of threads...

:lol: :lol: :lol: The best commentary that you could have made about him!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:41 PM
I feel sorry for him tough, he really thought he was doing a good job...:D

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:43 PM
I feel sorry for him tough, he really thought he was doing a good job...:D

well.. being two times banned in two days it must not be doing good...

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:47 PM
well.. being two times banned in two days it must not be doing good...
He was banned before? How long do these bans last usually?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:24 AM
I think that he was Eric Canton...

Frank
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I think that he was Eric Canton...
Ah, yes, of course... Stupid me... :banghead:
But are these bans permanent? Or only temporarily?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Permanent...

Suspended is different.. SO he was only banned forever...

Frank
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Permanent...

Suspended is different.. SO he was only banned forever...
I see, thanks for the explanation. :hatoff: I wonder how stupid you must be not to realize you get banned by showing that kind of behaviour. :cuckoo: Oh well, not that I care...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I see, thanks for the explanation. :hatoff: I wonder how stupid you must be not to realize you get banned by showing that kind of behaviour. :cuckoo: Oh well, not that I care...

Poor dude.. that is what I call a bad loser, who doesn't accept losing, wven though he already lost...

Lemonskin.
Jul 30th, 2004, 04:03 AM
That pretty much sums it up :) Maria can definitely win!
Hopefully the draw is good and she can build momentum as she goes.
Maria tends to lift against the great players which is a real positive.

Cheers,
ils

here, here.

i think the Acura Classic will be a big pointer to her ptoential. and so far she's in the quarters... Myskina is a crucial match. I think a lot hinges on that match

Marcova
Jul 30th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Personally I wouldn't be too disappointed if she loses a few matches, the important thing is being around next year and teh year after that and doing wellover the long term.

Frank
Jul 30th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Personally I wouldn't be too disappointed if she loses a few matches, the important thing is being around next year and teh year after that and doing wellover the long term.
Right. It's very unrealistic to expect Masha to stay unbeaten for the next 5 years or so.... It would be nice though of course... :p :)

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 08:58 PM
i think that maria will have a few tough events during the open but she will fight it to the end. As for the future, Maria will only improve her game and win more slams.

Andy Mac
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:55 PM
here here..i agree! ! shes has teh potential to be number by the end of next year easily and to be the greatest player ever!

Alone2Gether
Jul 30th, 2004, 10:58 PM
World Number 1...watch out!

Lemonskin.
Aug 3rd, 2004, 04:20 AM
here here..i agree! ! shes has teh potential to be number by the end of next year easily and to be the greatest player ever!

end of next year #1 is definately possible. i think #5 end of this year is a good chance too.

Edward.
Aug 3rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
Top 5 at the end of the year is possible, number 1 is almost impossible though.

Lemonskin.
Aug 3rd, 2004, 11:37 PM
Top 5 at the end of the year is possible, number 1 is almost impossible though.

i think it IS impossible... i dont know that there are eonough points available in the tournaments that are left, even if the top 7 didn’t compete in any! Next year…