PDA

View Full Version : Is Venus too old to play more than 7 matches in 2 weeks realistically?

CJK
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:01 AM
She was injured playing her 8th match last week and pulled out this week.
She was fine doing that in 2001 and 2002, maybe after such a history of injuries, she is incapable of playing more than 7 matches in 2 weeks. After all she is 24 already, Martina is already retired by that age:).
But she has to be prepared since she has to play a lot more with single snd doubles in Athens.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:10 AM
:lol: Not at all! She has always been injury prone..look at Davenpor ( 4 years older ) ...she has played 8 matches or so in the last 2 weeks and looks as fresh as a daisy :kiss:

fammmmedspin
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:17 AM
If we knew what has been wrong with Venus for the last 3 years we might be in a position to judge. As it is, the old wrist tendonitis seems to have turned into deadly suitcase and deadly shoe-lace syndrome.

pcrtennis
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:20 AM
You must be joking...there is no way you seriously consider that a logical question right??????

thelittlestelf
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:22 AM
She's only 24! Please!

Paneru
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Don't you just love all these idiotic
Venus thread popping up all over. :angel:

Jericho
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM
She was injured playing her 8th match last week and pulled out this week.
She was fine doing that in 2001 and 2002, maybe after such a history of injuries, she is incapable of playing more than 7 matches in 2 weeks. After all she is 24 already, Martina is already retired by that age:).
But she has to be prepared since she has to play a lot more with single snd doubles in Athens.
what are you talking about? Venus was out for 6 months in 00' with tendinitis. If Venus is too old, then a lot of other players should be worried too. ;)

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:26 AM
24 is too old now? :lol:

Black Mamba.
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Venus and Serena's injury problems especially concerning their ankles and knees are not a result of age but all are a result of poor footwork. I really think if they improved their footwork it could help prevent some injuries

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:39 AM
And how long was davenport out with injuries?

And how long was chanda out with her injuries?

And how long has kim been out with her injuries?

Players get injured. Its sports. Deal with it.

THEY ALL GET INJURED.

Janet
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:39 AM
You guys should talk about something else...........you know if the williams were winning touraments after tourament you guys will be hating.........you guys are just like the media on this broad...............their is no pleasing you guys!! what ever body should concern about is that venus get-well and feel better, and no she is not too old either............and it is just her injury holding her back, don't you think she wants to win matches & touraments I don't think she goes out their to lose, so if anybody on this board is a true fan...................you will just wish venus all the best for the rest of the summer, all althlets goes though their ups & down I'm sure she apprieate her fans to wish her will not negative talk.......

Dana Marcy
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:55 AM
And how long was davenport out with injuries?

And how long was chanda out with her injuries?

And how long has kim been out with her injuries?

Players get injured. Its sports. Deal with it.

THEY ALL GET INJURED.

Thank you! :worship: So there! LOL :p

CJK
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:01 AM
You guys should talk about something else...........you know if the williams were winning touraments after tourament you guys will be hating.........you guys are just like the media on this broad...............their is no pleasing you guys!! what ever body should concern about is that venus get-well and feel better, and no she is not too old either............and it is just her injury holding her back, don't you think she wants to win matches & touraments I don't think she goes out their to lose, so if anybody on this board is a true fan...................you will just wish venus all the best for the rest of the summer, all althlets goes though their ups & down I'm sure she apprieate her fans to wish her will not negative talk.......
No hate intended, this is a thread regarding the interesting observation of Venus pulling out of tournaments which she commits, again. And the possible connection of her injuries with more than usual # of matches she plays. With her style of playing, she tends to be injured. I hope she can be back too.

clonesheep
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Speaking of age, right before Graf retired at 29 she won FO and reached Wimbledon final. So, if you take good care of yourself, age is not a critical issue. On men's side, Agassi is still playing at 34 but just began to show signs of decline. I'd say the physical limits for men and women are around 35 and 30.

mboyle
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM
:lol: Not at all! She has always been injury prone..look at Davenpor ( 4 years older ) ...she has played 8 matches or so in the last 2 weeks and looks as fresh as a daisy :kiss:
don't jinx it:tape: ...

mboyle
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Speaking of age, right before Graf retired at 29 .

mboyle
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Venus and Serena's injury problems especially concerning their ankles and knees are not a result of age but all are a result of poor footwork. I really think if they improved their footwork it could help prevent some injuries
?Why do you think this of all things?:o

Volcana
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Of course she's too old to do that! Seles, Capriati, Davenport, Pierce, Sanchez-vicario, Martinez, they NEVER played that many matches in two weeks after turning 24.

What? RG 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and OZ 2000, 2001 were ALL won by players older than 24!?!? That's impossible! That would mean players older than 24 won 7 matches in two weeks!

CJK
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:58 AM
Yes, someone already mentioned Steffi in the previous posts.
But Venus is different, she is unique, or did you forget already?:)