PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Loser Tamarine Tanasugarn loses to Dulko 6-3,6-4.

New
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:37 AM
I din get to see this match live, but followed the scores... As usual Tammy, had tons of break points but failed to convert and she hardly held her serve...

Oh well, all the best to her next time!!! Go Tammy!!! :bounce:

As for Dulko, all the best for your next match, good match!!! :yeah:

By the way, sorry to all Venus fans that Venus had to withdraw due to injury and thanks for giving Tammy a chance to play!! Too bad she was unable to win.. Get well soon Venus!!! :bounce:

pcrtennis
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Tammy would have won this match in her prime but she's been in a funk all year long...

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:14 AM
No so LUCKY after all.. :sad: sorry Tammy..but CONGRATS TO DULKO on making the top 50 for the first time! :eek: :worship: :worship: :worship: :cool: :hearts:

thelittlestelf
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Hmm, I thought Tammy would have won this match. She's a pretty good fast surface player.

V.Melb
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:25 AM
I agree..... Tamarine has not showed any consistency this year at all.
I think she will sink to become a 50-100 floater for the next few years
.... i can't see her being the solid top 30/40 player that she used to be. :sad:

pcrtennis
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I agree..... Tamarine has not showed any consistency this year at all.
I think she will sink to become a 50-100 floater for the next few years
.... i can't see her being the solid top 30/40 player that she used to be. :sad:

I don't agree with that last part at all. She's got plenty of time before she gets over this slump. Remember that Ai Sugiyama was in an almost identical slump at this age and look at her now. Tammy will be back, she's too talented and solid not to. PLus, she says that she feels like she has a lot left and won't consider retiring any time soon. Go Tammy!

V.Melb
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Yeah, i hope your right.
Maybe i have lost faith in her a little bit.... so many frustratingly close losess... missed opportunities etc..
Those 3 set losses to Bartoli and Irivin after having won the first set really made me doubt whether she will win matches like these in the future.
I hope she can come back from this, despite her 4th rd Wimby showing, as far as im concerned she is still in a slump.

Vut
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:33 AM
:sad: Tammy ... again and again!
Congrats Dulko for the first TOP50 :D

pcrtennis
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Yeah, i hope your right.
Maybe i have lost faith in her a little bit.... so many frustratingly close losess... missed opportunities etc..
Those 3 set losses to Bartoli and Irivin after having won the first set really made me doubt whether she will win matches like these in the future.
I hope she can come back from this, despite her 4th rd Wimby showing, as far as im concerned she is still in a slump.

She'll come back! She always has such a great attitude which definately helps!!! :bounce: :wavey: :worship: :bounce: :)