PDA

View Full Version : Myskina over Schett 6-3 6-4

tennisIlove09
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Myskina got up 6-3 4-0; Schett got it back to 4-4 and had points to hold for a 5-4 lead

thelittlestelf
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Myskinas a bit risty, eh?

Havok
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:15 PM
respectable scoreline from Schett, at least she's starting to play better these past few tournaments.

The Guilty
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Decent score from Babsi, but it's still frustating because there were many games where she was up and then lost them. :(

I hope Babsi keeps fighting because I think she can go up in the rankings again :)

Congrats Myskina :)

Spunky83
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Nastya had breakpoints to go up 5-0 in the second, didnīt she?

I hope she can step up a little bit for the next match.

tterb
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Myskina :)

Seems like Anastasia was a bit rusty. A win is a win, though. I wish so much I could see her next match against Chanda. They usually produce close matches. If they both play well, it will be lots of fun to watch. I'll have to root for Rubin, but I won't be too sad if Myskina pulls through, as I love them both. Good luck and give us a high-quality, competitive match girls! :D

EDIT: My gosh, I completely forgot that Chanda isn't in the third round yet. Getting way ahead of myself here. Sorry if I offended any Kostanic fans (I definitely meant no disrespect... she's got game). Chanda should have a tough time with her in the second round. But hopefully she makes it through for a Myskina-Rubin matchup! :)

tenn_ace
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM
well done Nastya! keep going :kiss:

Nastyafan
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Nastya had breakpoints to go up 5-0 in the second, didnīt she?

I hope she can step up a little bit for the next match.
Yes she had, she was 4-0 30-0, 40-30:fiery:
well done Nastya :yeah:
but please don't make the matches nerves-wrecking like this:smash: :kiss:

Spunky83
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:29 PM
but please don't make the matches nerves-wrecking like this:smash: :kiss:

Quite possible she will face Chanda in the next round...matches between those two are tense, so I hope you wonīt get a heart-atack or something Nastyafan ;)

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Nastya is pointing for Athens. A good result in San Diego is just gravy.

Dava
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Its ahrd to rerad into that result as babsi has been playing well over the last few weeks, she still must be on the high from Fed Cup. Good result from Nastya I say, but you never know with either of them.

Nastyafan
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Quite possible she will face Chanda in the next round...matches between those two are tense, so I hope you wonīt get a heart-atack or something Nastyafan ;)
Oh, I have went through many tense Nastya's matches and thank God my heart is strong so far, but definitely my nerve cells are many millions less:fiery:

Please Nastya have pity on me:bowdown:

Vass22
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Oh, I have went through many tense Nastya's matches and thank God my heart is strong so far, but definitely my nerve cells are many millions less:fiery:

Please Nastya have pity on me:bowdown:
Cheer up! She's doing just fine! losing 4 games in a row being 4-0 up is frustrating but not nerve wrecking. :D Try being a Safin fan in men's tennis. That's what I call.

I don't think that Nastya will hav emuch trouble disposing Rubin.

Nastyafan
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Cheer up! She's doing just fine! losing 4 games in a row being 4-0 up is frustrating but not nerve wrecking. :D Try being a Safin fan in men's tennis. That's what I call.

Oh every lost point is nerve wrecking to me:nerner:
Of course I'm happy, but after smelling a bagel at 4-0 40-30, reminding matches like vs. Gagliardi and Frazier at 4-4 was a tough experience:scared:
I like Marat but don't suffer so much with men's tennis.
I hope you are right about Nastya's next match, but you never know with her - she can win easily an expected tough match and struggle where she should walk over

Hantuchov
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Nice win Nastya! :yeah: ;)

Please, go further! :bounce:

But Babsi wasted sooooo many chances :bigcry:
Better luck next time, Babsi! :)

casanovalover
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:44 PM

i hope you like surprises.

Task
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Anastasia :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

St.Sebastian
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Well done NAstya :banana:

Berlin_Calling
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Babs :sad::sad:

Nice one Nastya :)

Hant Hant
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:19 AM
YAY

:::stares::::

mboyle
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:23 AM
I hope Natsya wins the Olympics. She is the only player that seems to put as much importance on winning that as a grand slam:o . However, I desperately hope Chanda pulls through to reach the quarter-finals. She needs to get back to the top ten now.

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM
I hope Natsya wins the Olympics. She is the only player that seems to put as much importance on winning that as a grand slam:o . However, I desperately hope Chanda pulls through to reach the quarter-finals. She needs to get back to the top ten now.
Elena D. and Sveta also treat the Olympics as just as important as any major.