PDA

View Full Version : How long should Monica's number one ranking been frozen?

DA FOREHAND
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I think it should have been held until the beginning of the 94 season. I also think she should have been given special ranking upon returning in 95.

faboozadoo15
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:21 PM
it doesn't really matter. what was a great idea was to make her co-1 when she returned.
even in the books theres an asterisk next to her year end ranking of #8... so maybe they could have taken it that far, but i really don't think it would have made any difference. monica was obviously disappointed that no one seemed to want her at #1, but what hurt her psychologically more i believe is what was going on (or what wasn't going on) in germany. if that had been settled better, who knows what would have been different?

freezing the ranking is not really necessary.

wongqks
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:24 PM
not necessary to freeze her ranking at all, the co. no. 1 thing is very sensible thing to do though :)

DA FOREHAND
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
it doesn't really matter. what was a great idea was to make her co-1 when she returned.
even in the books theres an asterisk next to her year end ranking of #8... so maybe they could have taken it that far, but i really don't think it would have made any difference. monica was obviously disappointed that no one seemed to want her at #1, but what hurt her psychologically more i believe is what was going on (or what wasn't going on) in germany. if that had been settled better, who knows what would have been different?

freezing the ranking is not really necessary.

I think for the remainder of 93 ok freeze it, but anytime after that no. I would like to think the US just(us) system would have handled the situation better.

jrm
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Question: i have seen Kremer entered Wimbledon with protective ranking (around 24,25) yet she was not seeded. How come?

Calimero377
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I think for the remainder of 93 ok freeze it, but anytime after that no. I would like to think the US just(us) system would have handled the situation better.

Yes, the US justice system is famous for handling situations better ...

;)

Helen Lawson
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Question: i have seen Kremer entered Wimbledon with protective ranking (around 24,25) yet she was not seeded. How come?
I think some of the protected rankings are just a protected "ranking" to get you into the tournament if there's a numerical cut-off, but not a seed protection. So, if the cut-off was 30, she'd get in, if it was 20, she'd not get in, but she's not seeded like she's 25 when they do the seedings once she gets into the tournament.

Kart
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:38 PM
I don't think it should have been frozen at all.