PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova is an underated player

Matt Clarke
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:15 PM
If you looks at her career grass court record, she is has more % of wins than any other top player. To think she is only 17 is very scary for other players.

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Maria is not underrated. She lost to Loit in round 2 of the US Open. Kim beat her 6-0, 6-3.
She's rated just right. A surprise Wimbledon winner with a lot to prove.

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Haha! I don't think she's underrated. But this thread is a good thing with all the "Maria Sharapova is overrated" threads around nowadays... ;)

faboozadoo15
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:20 PM
yea... because at the us open she didn't strain her neck or anything... :rolleyes: im sure loit played great and maybe it didn't even make a difference, but to cite one match where maria was injured (there have been very few) is a little crazy.

Matt Clarke
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:23 PM
yea... because at the us open she didn't strain her neck or anything... :rolleyes: im sure loit played great and maybe it didn't even make a difference, but to cite one match where maria was injured (there have been very few) is a little crazy.

At least her excuse wasn't "I was only at 20%".
I'm just saying her grass court play is underated.

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Matt clarke you will be removed from watworld anyway very soon, just forwared them your nasty private mails you sent me

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Oh well. There are a lot of Sharapova lovers and haters around. It's pretty balanced I think. I do believe Masha can become (one of) the greatest player(s) ever though...

xan
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:28 PM
I think a lot of people still do underrate Maria. They see the teenage blonde and say "Yeah. She had a lucky win, and everyone wants to make her the next kournikova."

But winning a slam takes a lot more than luck. And if you examine Maria's game and her attitude to playing tennis, you will find a game that contains enough high quality attributes to frighten a lot of the top players. People pull out losses she had when she was fifteen or sixteen and say "Oh. She lost x 6-3 6-0" or something, but such scores are virtually meaningless when someone has developed their game at the rate she has.

Andy Mac
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
yes...knerf is 100% dead on....

goldenlox
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Tell that to Suarez, who spanked her. Or Elia. Myskina beat her 6-2, 6-1 in Indian Wells.

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
I think a lot of people still do underrate Maria. They see the teenage blonde and say "Yeah. She had a lucky win, and everyone wants to make her the next kournikova."

But winning a slam takes a lot more than luck. And if you examine Maria's game and her attitude to playing tennis, you will find a game that contains enough high quality attributes to frighten a lot of the top players. People pull out losses she had when she was fifteen or sixteen and say "Oh. She lost x 6-3 6-0" or something, but such scores are virtually meaningless when someone has developed their game at the rate she has.

That's so true. :D

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:30 PM
yes...knerf is 100% dead on....

What does that mean?

Andy Mac
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:40 PM
means what your saying is 100% correct and im behind ya man

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:44 PM
i wasnt a maria hater at all but those endless threads that only talk about how hot she is make me hate her. She is just like Bennifer ,and an overkill of the same thing makes you start to get irritated

bandabou
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:44 PM
well...as long as people donīt think she is the best thing to EVER happen to tennis, then itīs aight.

xan
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
i wasnt a maria hater at all but those endless threads that only talk about how hot she is make me hate her. She is just like Bennifer ,and an overkill of the same thing makes you start to get irritated
Here speaks someone who has started two Maria threads in the last 15 minutes. :rolleyes:

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:48 PM

With Bennifer you mean Jennifer Lopez? I agree Maria is hyped a little bit too much lately. But I wouldn't want to compare Maria and Jennifer Lopez. Lopez is very arrogant and thinks the world turns around her while Maria seems very down to earth to me.

Matt Clarke
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM

Shows how much of a joke you are. You hate a tennis champion just because you disagree with threads from some tennis FANS. Shows how shallow you are. You don't care about tennis, you just want to argue with other tennis supporters.

Andy Mac
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:54 PM
wow..this is gettin hardcore...

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Why would you hate Maria herself for that? I don't think you can blame Maria for being popular, can you? It's the media and the fans that make her popular and hyped, not Maria herself. So if you want to hate so badly why don't you hate her fans instead of Maria herself...

Andy Mac
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:56 PM
and...just becuase of a few jerks that only lie maria cuz shes "hott" u shuddnt hate all of us for that

justine&coria
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Did you watch her match against Paola Suarez at Roland Garros ?

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:11 PM
and...just becuase of a few jerks that only lie maria cuz shes "hott" u shuddnt hate all of us for that

That's what I was saying ;)

Frank
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Did you watch her match against Paola Suarez at Roland Garros ?

Partially. It wasn't broadcasted here fully...

mboyle
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Tell that to Suarez, who spanked her. Or Elia. Myskina beat her 6-2, 6-1 in Indian Wells.
On clay, on clay, too early in her development. This week Sharapova will whoop Myskina something like 6-1; 6-0 or something. Sharapova is CLEARLY the better player of the two.

Andy Mac
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:26 PM
That's what I was saying ;)
yea man i read ya lol...

chris whiteside
Sep 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
On clay, on clay, too early in her development. This week Sharapova will whoop Myskina something like 6-1; 6-0 or something. Sharapova is CLEARLY the better player of the two.

Well she's not better than Mary Pierce. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: