PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Jana Novotna?

GoGoMaggie
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I haven't heard from her for ages.
Can anybody update me on her recent activities?

Kart
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Do you really think she was the biggest choker ever ?

Kart
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Sorry, that was off topic - I have no idea what she's doing. I do remember reading on this board that she recently played in a publicised doubles match but that's all I remember.

GermanBoy
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I wasn`t a fan of Novotna but I loved her slice. It was a pleasure to seeing her play... :drool:

crazillo
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:03 PM
She is coaching an American, I think Carly Gullickson was it.
She won the Wimbledon doubles title over 35 I think.

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:13 PM
I think that when she was off court she was a super nice sweet girl, on court she was the opposite but thats how it should be i guess. Hope she will find herself a cuter girlfriend then Hana M though

Dava
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:17 PM
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1. Jana was very into the match and looked in great shape (and the only reason I watched these relics of tennis history play was becuase the mens final was delayed due to rain but the outside courts kept playing).

MLF
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Jana won the over 35 women's doubles at Wimbledon with Mima Jausovec ( former French Open finalist, top 10 player and current Slovenian Fed Cup captain ).

Jana played a doubles challenger earlier this year but lost 1st round with Kathy Rinaldi to Panova and Jidkova.

HectorMagnus
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:18 PM
She's also co-director of two WTA tournaments (Luxemburg? and???).

Her Wimby final is classic, I remember when she was in command and our commentator (Czech television) said: "She can't lose it. She can only lose it when she starts to worry about result...." :lol: :o

HanaFanGA
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Jana has also talked about writing a book in recent years. I'm hoping that she will indeed do that. She had a wonderful career and seems like a super nice person! :)

GermanBoy
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1.
Sukova and Durie led 6/1, 5/1... :eek: :o

HanaFanGA
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Sukova and Durie led 6/1, 5/1... :eek: :o

Jana, no doubt, would have been the driving force of her team with Jausevec. But Mima wasn't a bad player during her day. She won the French singles and doubles. That was during the weaker years of the FO in the late 70's. But Mima was no stranger to the later rounds of the other majors or the top 10. Still, Sukova/Durie had to have made a very tough team to beat.

Declan
Jul 27th, 2004, 09:44 PM
She won the WImbledon Over 35's doubles title with someone I had never heard of, they beat Durie and Sukova 1-6 7-5 6-1. Jana was very into the match and looked in great shape (and the only reason I watched these relics of tennis history play was becuase the mens final was delayed due to rain but the outside courts kept playing).

How can you not have heard of Mima Jausovec??! Or, if you saw a name you were unfamiliar with, were you not tempted to find out about her and what she achieved?

Elske
Jul 27th, 2004, 10:13 PM
well i saw her play at wimbledon last month, got her autograph and took a picture with her :D she looked great :hearts: + she was very friendly

DiNaPic
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:14 PM
She's also co-director of two WTA tournaments (Luxemburg? and???).
... Rosmalen ( = s'Hertogenbosch). In fact, she is the "owner" of these two tournaments.

I talked to her last year in Rosmalen, and she was thinking about initiating a Women's Senior Tour ( " ... but not with Brenda Schultz, she hits too hard " ). As we all see, she has not succeeded with this idea so far.

danra
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:22 PM
well i saw her play at wimbledon last month, got her autograph and took a picture with her :D she looked great :hearts: + she was very friendly
Jana looks amazing - thanks for the photos!

veryborednow
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I got her autograph at Wimbly last month too ;) After chasing her round Henman-Hill. She was very nice about it, think she was pleased to be recognised, and the 300+ people around us completely ignored her.

She signed my bent book.

HectorMagnus
Jul 29th, 2004, 12:41 PM
... Rosmalen ( = s'Hertogenbosch). In fact, she is the "owner" of these two tournaments.

I talked to her last year in Rosmalen, and she was thinking about initiating a Women's Senior Tour ( " ... but not with Brenda Schultz, she hits too hard " ). As we all see, she has not succeeded with this idea so far.

Pamela Shriver
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:18 PM
I got her autograph at Wimbly last month too ;) After chasing her round Henman-Hill. She was very nice about it, think she was pleased to be recognised, and the 300+ people around us completely ignored her.

She signed my bent book.
I must sign that book one day.....

iloveazza
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Is Novotna that witch looking woman? I don't like her. She really reminds me Death Eater from Harry Potten.