PDA

View Full Version : What tennis style do U play

heartBREAKeRS
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I mean, there are many ways U can play tennis, It´s just how U play your gamestyle right.... east, westengrib etc.:rolleyes: By that, I mean what DO your tennis "STYLE" look like.. your tennis Idole, or your own... And witch is the best.. I have "copy" serena forhand, backhand, serve and a male version grunt..:p LOL.. the rest looks like andy´s style.. pretty patetich.. It works well.. it´s all gooooood :bounce: :bounce:

What about your style:confused:

BlahBlahson
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I styled my game after Younes El Aynauoi

Atrixo
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:19 AM
My style? One word for that.... crap! I'd like to emulate my game after Stefan Edberg (S & V). But, to do that, I'd first need talent, skill, height, strength, the list goes on... So, I'm stuck playing a baseline game that would make Nancy Loeffler-Caro look like a Grand Slam champ! :o

Andy.
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:30 AM
my Style is power. i hit really hard and flat off the ground and over power my opponent. i am pretty much in control of most rallies because if i am on the run thats when i start to lose. i am not very fast around the court. ala Davenport and pierce

cartmancop
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:37 AM
My game is very similar to Lleyton Hewitt's. I can run down lots of shots & return them with decent depth, but I also like to drill my FLAT 2-handed backhand from just about anywhere. Forehand is pretty much a defensive shot. I also like to work my way into the net. Serve is pretty similar to Hewitt's too. :bounce:

Anna F'd Enrique
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:39 AM
i model my serve after maria sharapova. I hit my forehand like maria as well and my backhand like Venus.

i have great defensive skills and i do hit a lot of moon balls to get back into the points. I smack it hard when i get the right shot.

SelesFan70
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:42 AM
My ground game is like Monica's :worship:

My serve is liek Dementieva's :o

My fitness is like Lujcic :eek:

My drop shot is like Serena's :rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:51 AM
i play very flat groundies, but they're very heavy shots, skid and stay pretty low. i hit a lot of stone cold winners without even placing the ball very well.
the serve should be much better if it was to be as good as my ground game is, but it's not. my serves are very flat and sometimes predictable but fast nonethless and at least i don't double fault a lot. it's where i need the most work.
the overhead has always been an awkward shot for me... don't know why. some people can just never miss them and hit them harder than me, but mine's not that good.
my volleys are quite good. i don't come to net often and it only makes them look better because when i do, im usually in such a winning position.
i should never dropshot!!! my opponent need to be so far behind the baseline for mine to be a winner... thank God i can rely on good passing shots bc it's that horrible at times.

Butchwax
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:53 AM
One handed backhand and top spin forehand. I love to come in when I get a chance. :wavey:

Blackbeat
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:00 AM
i love it to play very aggressiv, but sometimes i play the balls in and play in the defensive very good...because i can run and run and run...thats my advantage...my fitness is very good...my service is indoor very well but outdoor it´s not so good...my volleys are my worst shot...i can´t play them :fiery: ...my best shot is the backhand...if i play it cross i play it like venus...my legs standing like these from venus :hearts: ...but the longline backhand is my best shot....

LeonHart
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:32 AM
I modeled my game after Hingis....obviously becuz i love her, and I watch her tapes more than anybody elses. My forehand have spin, but I can flatten it if I want to hit it harder, usually I just try to place it well though. My backhand is more flat, I have a close stance backhand (like hingis) so its a good disguise for down the line if I like. The only thing is my volleys really suck...i get nervous when i go up to net :fiery::sad:

Gowza
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:40 AM
i didnt style my game after any player thats in regards to say a roddick serve, blake forehand for example i didnt copy anyone. as for how i play, its different on the day, some times i hit my opponent of the court other times i ware them down in rallies, sometimes i out think them and sometimes i scrap my way. it depends on how im playing on the day and how my opponent is playing, i dont often scrap tho (only when my game is totally off).

ktwtennis
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:58 AM
My serve is streaky like Monica's...

I'm a baseliner w/no real huge weakness, but I'm trying to get to net more...

Mr_Molik
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:06 AM
My game is very similar to Lleyton Hewitt's. I can run down lots of shots & return them with decent depth, but I also like to drill my FLAT 2-handed backhand from just about anywhere. Forehand is pretty much a defensive shot. I also like to work my way into the net. Serve is pretty similar to Hewitt's too. :bounce:
sounds exactly like me
im the biggest psycho on court i go off all the time
i am most comfortable rallying from the baseline, my serve is really bad most days (indoors i can hit it about 10 times better i think its cos of my really high balltoss), on good days my forehand is my biggest weapon on bad days its my biggest weakness, my backhand is always solid, pretty hard and flat, i think alot on court and try to expose my opponents weaknesses, i fight for everything try to get everything back

LindsayRocks89
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:06 AM
my forehand is like roddicks, my backhand is like agassi's, my serve is like maria's, my volleys r like i have no clue cause i'm not good at the net. I like to hit hard and mostly flat from the baseline, move the ball around the court and take the offensive so my opponent doesn't start to move me around, because then i get in some trouble because i don't have the best footwork, i'm fast but i don't hit the best shot on the run, i like to be in position, sorta like Lindsay.

nate_my_love
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:11 AM
My game is a balanced combination of Monica Seles' game and Martina Higis' game. :O)

bigshow21
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I play the Capriati style!!!!!!! Lol not really. I just play my own style. It works for me! But i try to look like Capriati while doing it!

jan.
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Myskina x) i never go to the net my serve is really nothing but then i win because of my ground strokes..

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:08 AM
My game is probably somewhere along the lines of an Amy Frazier or a Laura Granville. I have fairly hard, flat groundstokes with just a little topspin so that my shots don't hit the back fence. Both sides are pretty equal so there isn't one that can be picked apart. My serve is fairly average, although it can have an occasionally on day or an occasionally shitty day. I'm competent at net, definitely nothing amazing, but I hold my own when I'm up there. My movement is solid as well, as well as my anticipation. My game is somewhat streaky though because my shots are so flat. There are definitely some amazing days, as well as some absolutely terrible ones.

beauty_is_pink
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Two-Handed backhand
Sucky Serve
I'm sometimes a grunter (hehe)
I hit realli flat, hard balls
I'm definitely a baseliner
And I have an explosive temper (a la the Russians)... I get realli pissed easily, and then I loose my momentum :rolleyes:
And when I get a point, I'm always pumping my fist for more confidence (oh, Daniela! :D)

Foot_Fault
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:29 AM
I mean, there are many ways U can play tennis, It´s just how U play your gamestyle right.... east, westengrib etc.:rolleyes: By that, I mean what DO your tennis "STYLE" look like.. your tennis Idole, or your own... And witch is the best.. I have "copy" serena forhand, backhand, serve and a male version grunt..:p LOL.. the rest looks like andy´s style.. pretty patetich.. It works well.. it´s all gooooood :bounce: :bounce:

I play the Andre Agassi style, everyone at my CLUB think so as well. Not as consistent, but Rarely lose b/c of my timing and footwork and placement.

ys
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:35 AM
Eastern grip. Single-handed backhand - though sometimes hit with two hands when jammed. Often coming in on my first serve. These days I am almost a net rusher.

*hingis_forever*
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Serve like Venus. Big first serve, horrible second!
Forehand like Dementieva. It's my weapon and I hit way more winners on that side than my backhand1
Double-handed backhand like Sugiyama because I just guide it in.
Overhead like a donkey's ass! :o
Volleys like Serena! :tape:
Lob like Hingis or Vicario! :worship:
I'm in a bit of a slump lately having lost 5 of my last 7 matches! :sad: I've won the first set in all but 2 matches this year! I just can't win 3 set matches lately! I used to never lose 3 set matches or tiebreaks and there is no reason to suddenly be playing so bad! I haven't been injured and I'm not burnt-out! I guess I will just have to play through it!

moon
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Initially I patterned my game after Monica, because that was who I liked the most when I started to play.

These days, I play one handed off both sides, with alot of slice on my backhand and alot of topspin on my forehand. I'm trying to play more aggressive and get to the net more.

Leo_DFP
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I am Amy Frazier. Hard. Flat. Fast. Good return. No serve. Avoids the net at all costs. Only difference is that I prefer my forehand to my backhand, but otherwise we are the same player.

kosmikgroove
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Im an early Henin-Hardenne.

My backhand actually looks frighteningly identical to hers. it's my main weapon that i used to slice/dice/flatten out or use heavy topspin with.

Also like the early Henin, my forehand is ok but definately a weakness.

My approach game is more like new Henin, and since we're both considered short for our game I have to do quite a bit of scampering.

j_dementieva27
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:06 AM
im exactly like my favorite, dementieva except i like to get into the net more and im more effecient there

terrible serve, consistant backhand, huge forehand and good movement, hit very well when im on the full run

Shawn
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:08 AM
i'm a lefty but my game is styled after a few players.
my forehand after Pete, my backhand after Federer. My forehand is more powerful and more accurate but for some reason, I make more winners off my backhand. My serve after Seles b/c I hv to look @ a lefty b/c it's completely different from righty. I'm an extremely aggressive player and I love to hit the ball very hard and I love to get hard balls in return.

R&J
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Right handed with 2 hands off both sides - Best shot is my 2 handed forehand.
I can run like hell, and I have a very effective 1 handed forehand and backhand that helps when I am on the run. Love to play, can stay out there and hit all day if I didnt have to go to work.

Aphex
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:59 AM
lazy ynder arm remote style from the couchline.

Vincent
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Seems like we have so many great players here! :eek::worship:

I would say I play like Hewitt, everything's average and can run down to everything, but my second serve doesn't even exist :o, I just slice in like Elena.

esquímaux
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:11 AM

Hi anzela! :bigwave:

Sharapower
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:46 AM
I'm an attacking player : S & V on first serve, I come in to the net at any occasion, return and volley when I can manage a good return.
My serve is alternatively my best weapon and my worst weakness (double-faults "crisis").
My game is mostly inspired by Sampras' except my two-handed backhand which I try to model on Safin's.
Providing this I should be a great player, but unfortunately I'm far from that. Started tennis very very late, so my strokes are not "natural" and my footwork sucks beacuse lack of athleticism (speed).

villa
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:05 AM
My ground game is like Monica's :worship:

My serve is liek Dementieva's :o

My fitness is like Lujcic :eek:

My drop shot is like Serena's :rolleyes:
Ha Ha!:lol: :worship:

You know what thats exactly how i would describe my game too! Good groundstrokes, horrid serve, lack of mobility and hardly any finness!!:o

crazillo
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:10 PM
My style of tennis has changed this year and I think it is becvause of the racket.

I used to be a very tricky player who uses drop-shots, lobs, angles and so on with flat storkes, sometimes moonballs. I have changed a bit bc I am playing with a racket that gives me more power. I am still palying good angles, but espacially my drop shot is not as good as it used to be. I have lost a bit of my variety, but the power is more important to me bc I have shots now that can trouble my opponents.
I am working at combining both techniques, variety and power.

firefly_ac
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I would like to think that I'm playing like Dani.. Pumping my fist once i've got the pt. I use a western grip and loves to play aggressive n take the racquet bk the same plane as the incomin ball n hit it flat.. I've learnt tt from watching Bovina. I love Shaughnessy's FH.. cuz she also uses a Western grip. I hit moonballs too.. e western grip allows me to execute both shots perfectly... My BH is like Dani! DTL shot are my faves Serves like Dokic n Panova with the abb takebk.. Footwork have to depends... I usu like to hiy well placed shots or with a lot of pace n don really like running ard chasing after balls a la DAvenport n Dani... I uses angled fh s too like Davenport's...

jean_genie
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:07 PM
It's weird because sometimes you think you're patterning your game off someone but then if you actually SEE what you look like playing then it's different. Before I thought my game looked like Capriati's overall with a few other people thrown in but one of my friend's who coached juniors asked me to help him out by letting him videotape me and boy was I surprised:eek: . You look so strange to yourself (is my butt really that big??? Maybe I need to size up on that skirt a bit:D ) but anyhoo, here's the real assessment:

Forehand: Haas, Zvonereva (I have a little wrist snap hitch at meeting the ball but it's a big shot and I hit lots of winner off it)
Backhand: Capriati (I desperately want it to look like Venus' and I can hit open stance)
Serve: who knows, it's ugly but alternately big or it sucks
volley: Davenport (I've got good hands and once you drag me to the net . . )
fitness: pretty good shape
movement: Venus, I can run down lots of balls and I'm pretty fast

heartBREAKeRS
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:19 PM
Hi anzela! :bigwave:

hmm:confused:

Vass22
Jul 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Right now, I'm still on defence 95%. In rallies I try to survive waiting for the oponent to do something. It works becuase my brother isn't that good in tennis yet.
I'm trying to develop a good lob though and a crosscourt backhand is desirable as a weapon.