PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Serena on her loss to Davenport.

henree
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:12 PM
`I committed suicide out there,'' said Williams, who lost the Wimbledon final to 17-year-old Maria Sharapova. ``My second suicide attempt of the year.''
``It was just an awful, horrendous, terrible, miserable, horrible day,'' Williams said.

There is nothing better than reading a Serena interview after a loss.

:lol:

charmedRic
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:35 PM
:lol: wow that's a bit pathetic.

BK4ever
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:36 PM
no matter what people think of rena...the girl is funny
she is always using the most outrageous descriptors to describe the state of her game :D

bandabou
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:37 PM
Well...I hope you guys arenīt thinking that she said that just to tease Lindsay..I mean look at the score-line. Whatīs she supposed to say?! That she was happy with her perfomance?!

bis2806
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Serena's sometimes being a bit too exageratted with her comments, like why can't she just accept it for once?!

Mase
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Im having a hard time thinking that a joke about suicide in ANY context is funny.

switz
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Well...I hope you guys arenīt thinking that she said that just to tease Lindsay..I mean look at the score-line. Whatīs she supposed to say?! That she was happy with her perfomance?!

i'm not a "hater", but the reality is that she would have said something very similar not matter what the losing score was.

SerenaVenusNo1
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:58 PM
That's just her. When she's being complimentary, she's way over the top. When she's not, she's way over the top.

bandabou
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:06 PM
i'm not a "hater", but the reality is that she would have said something very similar not matter what the losing score was.

Probably.....;)

Crazy_Fool
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Nothing that we didn't expect :p

mboyle
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
:lol: That was hillarious:o .

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Serena's sometimes being a bit too exageratted with her comments, like why can't she just accept it for once?!

The same way people can't accept for once that when Serena plays badly she states as much?

AjdeNate!
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Im having a hard time thinking that a joke about suicide in ANY context is funny.
I concur. It's just really not that funny to joke about suicide ever, even with innocent intentions.

BlahBlahson
did she give any credit to Lindsay at all???

Crazy_Fool
The same way people can't accept for once that when Serena plays badly she states as much?
Yeah but there is a difference between saying you played badly or played at 20%, 9000 notches below the level or committed suicide. After all there is a player on the other side of the net.

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah but there is a difference between saying you played badly or played at 20%, 9000 notches below the level or committed suicide. After all there is a player on the other side of the net.

I haven't seen an interview however Serena saying she played badly is not the same as saying Lindsay didn't play well or that there wasn't another player across the net. Lindsay did things to stop Serena from being on her game just as Serena didn't do what she needed to be competitive. Emphasis and perspective.

faboozadoo15
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:36 PM
i doubt lindsay cares if she got any credit and is only entertained by this pathetic drivel that has become customary out of serena.
the important thing is that lindsay has had injury and motivation problems and was able to get over them. serena has been back for quite a while now and keeps coming up with this stuff.

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:38 PM
i doubt lindsay cares if she got any credit and is only entertained by this pathetic drivel that has become customary out of serena.
the important thing is that lindsay has had injury and motivation problems and was able to get over them. serena has been back for quite a while now and keeps coming up with this stuff.

Ah so it's just the fans who care. As it is, I haven't read Serena not give Lindsay any credit. People will emphasize what they need to and find pathetic what suits them as they need it.

bandabou
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Serena did give Lindsay more credit than she said she played bad. Relax, fabooo...

This is what she said: "Obviously I didnīt play the way I wanted to, but all credit goes to Lindsay. She played a great match today." and after that she said that she had a terrible day and didnīt take advantage of her opportunities.... whatīs wrong with that?! :shrug:

faboozadoo15
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Serena did give Lindsay more credit than she said she played bad. Relax, fabooo...

This is what she said: "Obviously I didnīt play the way I wanted to, but all credit goes to Lindsay. She played a great match today." and after that she said that she had a terrible day and didnīt take advantage of her opportunities.... whatīs wrong with that?! :shrug:
nothing... im just saying that people are always so surprised she has these types of comments laced into her interviews when she says the same thing in a different way every time she loses.

Mrs. Peel
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:46 PM

I guess some people don't learn that they should read entire interviews rather than commenting on a quote out context before they open their big fat stupid heads :rolleyes:

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:47 PM

Wow, here I thought Serena didn't even realize there was a player on the other side of the net. Lindsay must be amused at having Serena not acknowledge her great play. :rolleyes: It's always interesting how much Serena's words mean to so many.

faboozadoo15
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:47 PM
I guess some people don't learn that they should read entire interviews rather than commenting on a quote out context before they open their big fat stupid heads :rolleyes:
okay... how is that quote taken out of context?

CJ07
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:50 PM
As much as I love Serena, that hits a little too hard for home :sad:

Crazy_Fool
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I think Serena just over exaggerates things. Like she shouldn't really say stuff like I played at 20% of my level, she can say I played badly or didn't play my best but comments like that are bound to be taken out of context.

StarDuvallGrant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:52 PM

It's always just easier to attack her. Serena is supposed to get down on her knees and kiss Lindsay's feet the whole day long and talk only of Lindsay's play. Any words congratulating, acknowledging the good play by Lindsay either are forgotten, don't matter, or aren't enough to satisfy.

If Lindsay ackowledges Serena's not having things work in her game, is that equal to Lindsay saying her own A-game wasn't necessary because Serena played so badly? Would Lindsay be wrong and have no confidence? I don't get what Serena is supposed to do here more than she's already done.

bandabou
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Just you know faboo...sometimes things just get taken out of context. I agree that sometimes Serena comes over as a sore loser but this time wasnīt one of them.

le bon vivant
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Serena said she was just 7 out of 10 when she ran roughshod over the field in 2002. Was that a slight to all of your favorite players that she beat, that she actually beat them playing at 70%, or was it a slight to herself?

When Serena says these things, it is out of dissatisfaction with herself and her game. She doesnt say these things to justify her losses, she says them to denigrate herself.

Why cant some of you dense fools realize this?

backhanddtl4
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:49 PM
:lol: wow that's a bit pathetic.

It's so true though, why is she not showing up in finals

SelesFan70
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:53 PM
She gave Lindsay credit after the match during the trophy/check ceremony, but she seemed really, really, really cavalier about losing...joking with her mom? :shrug: It was obvious (to me at least) that her mind is elsewhere other than on the tennis court. :(

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Serena said she was just 7 out of 10 when she ran roughshod over the field in 2002. Was that a slight to all of your favorite players that she beat, that she actually beat them playing at 70%, or was it a slight to herself?

When Serena says these things, it is out of dissatisfaction with herself and her game. She doesnt say these things to justify her losses, she says them to denigrate herself.

Obviously us "fools" do realise this, but the logic of her comment above is that her 70% is better than the 100% of other players. If she thought about it, she'd realise that sounds arrogant.

As I've said in another thread, she doesn't think about it from that point of view. She just talks in this hyperbolic way when she is unhappy with her game. It's part of her general clowning-around, whacky personality. I think we should accept this and not pick her to pieces. I don't think she is a bad person, or all that arrogant. Nor do I think she should try to change (as she could care less what we think about her anyway).

OTOH, you can't blame fans of the other players...maybe even some of the players themselves...drawing the implication. It's pretty obvious. I don't see how anyone here is being a "dense fool". There are just different attitudes to Serena's personality and the element of...um...thoughlessness in the way she talks. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm fairly relaxed about it. Sometimes I even warm to her; other times I get a li'l exasperated with her. Generally, I think it's not a big deal.

le bon vivant
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:19 AM
OTOH, you can't blame fans of the other players...maybe even some of the players themselves...drawing the implication. It's pretty obvious. I don't see how anyone here is being a "dense fool". There are just different attitudes to Serena's personality and the element of...um...thoughlessness in the way she talks. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm fairly relaxed about it. Sometimes I even warm to her; other times I get a li'l exasperated with her. Generally, I think it's not a big deal. I just think sometimes players of other fans would like Serena to validate their faves, and when Serena makes a comment denigrating herself, They see it as Serena purposely saying that she is better than their favorite, and in turn they dislike her.

Although I'm sure it doesn't matter to Serena, it does matter to fans like me, who see Serena for who she is as a person, and get disheartend when they see others besmudge her as if she were a monster.

She is hardly as rude as other people's faves, who don't imply anything, and are explicit in their criticisms os Serena and her family. Amelie being one of those players at times.....http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/tape.gif

bandabou
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Obviously us "fools" do realise this, but the logic of her comment above is that her 70% is better than the 100% of other players. If she thought about it, she'd realise that sounds arrogant.

As I've said in another thread, she doesn't think about it from that point of view. She just talks in this hyperbolic way when she is unhappy with her game. It's part of her general clowning-around, whacky personality. I think we should accept this and not pick her to pieces. I don't think she is a bad person, or all that arrogant. Nor do I think she should try to change (as she could care less what we think about her anyway).

OTOH, you can't blame fans of the other players...maybe even some of the players themselves...drawing the implication. It's pretty obvious. I don't see how anyone here is being a "dense fool". There are just different attitudes to Serena's personality and the element of...um...thoughlessness in the way she talks. Some people like it, some people don't. I'm fairly relaxed about it. Sometimes I even warm to her; other times I get a li'l exasperated with her. Generally, I think it's not a big deal.

Serena in a nutshell...

~ The Leopard ~
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Thanks, bandabou. And it'd be a dull board if we all responded in the same way to the players' personalities.

JustIncredible, I don't know what Momo has to do with this. FWIW, I don't agree with everything she says, and have said so before. I'm entitled to like someone whom I sometimes disagree with. OTOH, her words are also easy to take out of context. When you actually see her interviewed she mixes very thoughtful comments (she is much more reflective than Serena, whether you like that or not) with a lot of comments that show her own sly sense of humour. A transcript doesn't do them justice, anymore than it does Serena's comments justice.

Cybelle Darkholme
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:36 AM
`I committed suicide out there,'' said Williams, who lost the Wimbledon final to 17-year-old Maria Sharapova. ``My second suicide attempt of the year.''
``It was just an awful, horrendous, terrible, miserable, horrible day,'' Williams said.

i think the suicide comparison is a bit much. talk about drama queen.:worship:

Mr_Molik
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:09 AM
:rolleyes: omg get over it serena, lindsay was too good

bandabou
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Thanks, bandabou. And it'd be a dull board if we all responded in the same way to the players' personalities.

JustIncredible, I don't know what Momo has to do with this. FWIW, I don't agree with everything she says, and have said so before. I'm entitled to like someone whom I sometimes disagree with. OTOH, her words are also easy to take out of context. When you actually see her interviewed she mixes very thoughtful comments (she is much more reflective than Serena, whether you like that or not) with a lot of comments that show her own sly sense of humour. A transcript doesn't do them justice, anymore than it does Serena's comments justice.

Talk about Momo....I sometimes jump on her too for some of her comments, but now i see that comments can really be taken out of context.

harloo
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Sorry but Serena did commit suicide and stunk up the court against Lindsay. Lindsay brought her A game to the match, but Serena left her game at the Catwoman premiere.

Why not quote the whole interview? She always gives her opponents credit so I don't see where the controversy is. I swear people on this board analyze every little thing that Serena says. Of course we all do at some point discuss what a comment or two that players make, but the fascination with every tiny thing Serena says is sickening.

Hant Hant
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:33 AM
LOL serena

SerenaVenusNo1
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:25 AM

If she's denigrating herself and her play, she's denigrating her opponent.

Now why can't some of you dense fools so that?

le bon vivant
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:30 AM
If she's denigrating herself and her play, she's denigrating her opponent.

Now why can't some of you dense fools so that?
I guess you could look at it that way, if you feel that you need Serena to validate her opponent.

treufreund
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Serena :rolleyes: GROW UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF!

mykarma
Jul 27th, 2004, 02:51 AM
did she give any credit to Lindsay at all???
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:08 AM
I don't see the big deal....about any of it. This is the same person who said that her match against Jen would be good if she didn't commit 1000 errors and JCap didn't double fault 1000 times or something like that. She exaggerates......all the time. No surprise.

tenn_ace
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
ever so gracious Serena... :bounce: never change, dear.

Venus Forever
Jul 27th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Who gives a rat's ass what she says??

Seriously, some of you act as if Serena killed someone. :rolleyes:

Giving credit to your opponent is sooooo over-rated.

Keep being yourself, Serena. That's what makes you who you are. Never shy away from that.

BTW, :lol: :lol: :lol:

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Fucking pathetic losers those 2 are. It's never a good opponent that won but they lost it themselves!! Why the hell could she even say something like that suicide while not even a year ago her sister got killed. Somebody that has had such an unfortunate experience with a loved-one and then makes jokes about death is at least a bit odd

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:49 AM
And those outfits she designs could only sell down in trailer-park avenue next to the slut street.

Not to mention the earrings, people at my work that have down-syndrome could do better

jesper1979
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:54 AM
And to the person that will reply with don't hate her cause she's black, should think about what he says. Cause most black friends i have arent disrespectful, cheap-looking or cocky but just normal. No person of any color can gte away with such behaviour without being ridiculous

SJW
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:29 AM

she's absolutely correct.

and if she wants to keep living, i suggest she starts to find the fucking courts with her shots.

i'm still not over how incredibly awful she played.