PDA

View Full Version : What did Serena say??

kosmikgroove
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:06 PM
During the awards ceremony Serena repeatedly said a phrase to her box and then burst out into laughter. It was so cute...does anyone know what she was saying?

rue
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:39 PM
That was just silly of Serena. All I remember is that she was thanking her mom whom she was not too sure if she was there then out of nowhere said "tonight" with a sort of attitude in the tone of her voice then she started to laugh. I did not quite catch the last thing she said after that because she started to laugh even more.

DeDe4925
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:28 PM
She said, "I want to say to all my fans, DO YOU".

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:18 PM
what does that mean..."Do You"

DeDe4925
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:22 PM
what does that mean..."Do You"
I think it may have something to do with what Venus said regarding Martina Nav's comments, when she said "we just do us", or something like that. I could be wrong though. :p

faste5683
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:08 AM
During the awards ceremony Serena repeatedly said a phrase to her box and then burst out into laughter. It was so cute...does anyone know what she was saying?

Apparently, nobody could figure out what the heck she was saying...perhaps Helen Lawson could give us a clue...it might simply be a Hollywood affectation.

:eek:

:wavey:

kosmikgroove
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:35 AM
The term/slang "Do You" & "Do Me" was popular in the urban community in the States about two years ago- the sisters are late;) When someone says "do you"..it simply means that you should do what you do-hahaha- do what is best for you, do what is true to your nature- do you get it?? When Vee & Rena say, i'm doing me- it simply means, i will play the tournies i want, i will pull out of tournies when i want:p , i will do design when i want, i will act in movies when i get scripts- i will be the all-around individual that i have been since i started the tour- makes sense ?

thanks for the clarification!

WtaTour4Ever
Jul 27th, 2004, 03:57 AM
It was so funny though, did anyone see Davenports face, she looked as confused as I felt.

faste5683
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:02 AM
The term/slang "Do You" & "Do Me" was popular in the urban community in the States about two years ago- the sisters are late;) When someone says "do you"..it simply means that you should do what you do-hahaha- do what is best for you, do what is true to your nature- do you get it?? When Vee & Rena say, i'm doing me- it simply means, i will play the tournies i want, i will pull out of tournies when i want:p , i will do design when i want, i will act in movies when i get scripts- i will be the all-around individual that i have been since i started the tour- makes sense ?

It does....now. :kiss: I think that "DO Me" should also have a more subtle meaning, like "more hours on the practice court", or "somebody get me Brad Gilbert for a year."

:wavey:

Nobody's Perfecc
Jul 27th, 2004, 11:12 AM
"somebody get me Brad Gilbert for a year."
:lol: