PDA

View Full Version : i believe Lindsay would change her mind...about the retirement

Slumpsova
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM
'cos she is too good:angel:

she might be upset when she lost in SF at Wimbledon thats why she decided to call it quit. hopefully her confidence comes back after winning 2 titles in a row.

LindsayRulez
Jul 26th, 2004, 04:45 PM
she said in an interview that if she stays healty and is playing well ("if she is still a threat") they yeah, she will keep playing :)

V-MAC
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
I doubt it, I think this is the perfect time for her to retire when she is right on top of her game. I mean she is playing so awesome right now that I don't think she can raise it any further. I think part of the reason she is playing so well now is coz she is playing with retirement in her mind, thus she is forcing her best play.I mean she is definitely taking more high risk chances on her shots now, that was very evident in the final at Stanford last week.

Helen Lawson
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I think if the dame goes all the way at the U.S. Open, it might make her stay another year. If she gets tossed at the U.S. Open, then she'll stick with her plans of quitting at the end of the year. This is her Valley of the Dolls, not her Backstreet, and she knows it.

rue
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:33 PM
If she wins the US Open she will definitely not retire soon. I hope that she does not cos she is playing the best tennis of her life.

sartrista7
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I think Lindsay's already made up her mind that she'll retire at the end of the year, and that's why she's so relaxed on court these days. If she wins the US Open, that'll seal it - the perfect end to her career.

foreva lindsay
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I think Lindsay's already made up her mind that she'll retire at the end of the year, and that's why she's so relaxed on court these days. If she wins the US Open, that'll seal it - the perfect end to her career.

People can change their minds ;)

faboozadoo15
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:46 PM
also, take into consideration, lindsay has said that steffi winning a slam in her last year on tour was the "coolest thing" she has seen in tennis. i think she'll retire at the end of the year knowing she did all she could and made a great push (no matter what happens from here on out) to be the best player.

Jakeev
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I doubt it, I think this is the perfect time for her to retire when she is right on top of her game. I mean she is playing so awesome right now that I don't think she can raise it any further. I think part of the reason she is playing so well now is coz she is playing with retirement in her mind, thus she is forcing her best play.I mean she is definitely taking more high risk chances on her shots now, that was very evident in the final at Stanford last week.
You know in the back of my mind I was sort of thinking the same thing. Since she could be retiring, she is putting less pressure on herself and is actually beginning to look like the Lindsay of old.

But it's really gonna be up to her. She did say earlier this year she planned to stick around until 2005.

Just have to wait and see.

Kart
Jul 26th, 2004, 08:58 PM
It will be interesting to see but I don't think her results, good or bad, are the crucial factor in her decision.

SerenaVenusNo1
Jul 26th, 2004, 09:15 PM
I think if the dame goes all the way at the U.S. Open, it might make her stay another year. If she gets tossed at the U.S. Open, then she'll stick with her plans of quitting at the end of the year. This is her Valley of the Dolls, not her Backstreet, and she knows it.

I think that too. But a US Open title would be a nice thing to retire on.