PDA

View Full Version : Future of Bulgarian tennis.....

crazillo
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:03 AM
With Magdalena Maleeva retirnig at the end of the season (we are qutie sure about it), there will be a big ga pto be filled.
For me Sesil Karatancheva, Tzvetana Pironkova and Dessislava Topalvoa all have top-100 potential. Espacially Topalova needs to play more of those 50 ks to gain more points. Pironkova is talented but has had some close losses and didnt improve her ranking too much this year. Karatancheva has a good future and will get WCs to tournaments.
The only other quality player is Bacheva, but it could well be her last season, too. Se has shown some sigs of life in the last weeks though.
Krastevitch, Heznenge and Krivencheva arent that good. There is Maria Penkova, Dia Evtimova but they are still young. I think Bulgaria will have 2 top-100 players in 3 years with Karatancheva and Pironkova, Topalova if she starts to play like she did in Fedcup at bigger tournaments.
Your thoughts?

GoGoMaggie
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Now I like Maggie so much more cuz her name so much easier to spell and read than other Bulgarian palyers'.
Seriously, I'm not too familiar with Bulgarian tennis cuz the Maleevas are the only ones I know. I hope one of those young girls will secceed Maggie's place.

CooCooCachoo
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Karatancheva and Pironkova are very talented and could really do well. It's sad that Bulgaria will lose Bacheva, who could've made more of her career, and Maleeva soon :sad:

Jakeev
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:32 AM
The only player that really stands out is Sesil. She is the one, who is closing in on turning 15, is showing the world what she has got in her results.

Not saying Pironkova or Topalova cannot get to the top 100, but they are not consistent enough week in and out to make a difference at this point.

Sesil I think is possibly destined to do what the Maleeva sisters could not: Win Grand Slams.

musgrave
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:41 AM
How do u kmow Lubomira will quit she has had some great results lately

crazillo
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
How do u kmow Lubomira will quit she has had some great results lately

She has been around for years now, she is 30. I would be very surprised to see her next year. Maybe she will play 2005, but that would be deifintely the end IMO.