PDA

View Full Version : Lina Krasnorouskaya can drop out of top 100 before US Open.

CJK
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:59 AM
She is 2 weeks from her Canadian Open finalist points dropping off.
This can send her straight out of top 100 and she will not get into any European indoor tournaments, this can be worse than what I imagine. She is playing Toronto next week, if she loses first round, then all hope will be lost.

Hant Hant
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:02 AM
why wasn't she playing before? did she just recover from an injury or something?

SerenaVenusNo1
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:21 AM
She is 2 weeks from her Canadian Open finalist points dropping off.
This can send her straight out of top 100 and she will not get into any European indoor tournaments, this can be worse than what I imagine. She is playing Toronto next week, if she loses first round, then all hope will be lost.

Maybe not. She'll still be able to use those points to enter Vancouver where she actually has some chance of winning.

Dymension
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Lina :(

Mr_Molik
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:28 AM
:eek:

TiK-Tee
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Oh NOoooooo

musgrave
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:43 AM
why wasn't she playing before? did she just recover from an injury or something?

yes she had something wrong with her Liver

I think next year will be her year

azza
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:44 AM
BooHoo.

saab95
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:55 AM
She can get some points at USO. ;)

goldenlox
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Lina hasn't been healthy. But she'll be back -

http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/6013.jpg

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:32 AM
going out of the top 100 is the last thing on her mind at present

she's got far bigger things on her mind after US Open.

Lina will be back when she's ready :)

She was due to play in San Diego but US Embassy in Moscow didnt give her a VISA in time :fiery:

Jackson.
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Lina :sad:

*JR*
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Indeed '04 (and late '03) has been Terrible To many players. If Baby Blue Eyes :hearts: (then 2B Mrs. _____ "Whoeverov") can return healthy for the Oz season, I'll be happy regardless of her ranking.

CJK
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:51 PM

She was due to play in San Diego but US Embassy in Moscow didnt give her a VISA in time :fiery:
Of course:), there are more important things in life. But I'm just so sad that her career so far has been so unfulfilling. She gets sick at the worst possible time, and she is just so fragile.:(. But Russians are strong. Maria B tried so many years before she finally won the World Championship, and Irina was still able to return after such a disasterous disease. I think Lina can, and she will, come back strong.

bello
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:32 AM
She has had such a hindered career already, in 2001 it seemed that she was the most promising of the Russians, and she still is definitely one of the most talented..she should be up there with the Svetlanas and the Nadias... :(

I hope she fulfills her destiny...

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:30 AM
It's really sad for such a talented player to be struggling so much with health and confidence. I wish she could start performing well on a consistent basis again. She showed some signs of hope with her semifinal performance the week before Wimbledon, but she crashed out in the first round anyway, unbelievably. :sad:

I'd love to see her at the US Open again this year.

Leo_DFP
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Of course:), there are more important things in life. But I'm just so sad that her ...career so far has been so unfulfilling. She gets sick at the worst possible time, and she is just so fragile.:(. But Russians are strong. Maria B tried so many years before she finally won the World Championship, and Irina was still able to return after such a disasterous disease. I think Lina can, and she will, come back strong.
Irina :hearts:

jirobkk
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:00 AM

She was due to play in San Diego but US Embassy in Moscow didnt give her a VISA in time :fiery:Poor Lina :sad: Please make a come back, we are all miss you.

Martian KC
Jul 28th, 2004, 06:12 AM
You gotta reach your compatriots, Lina!!:bounce:

Vass22
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:10 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Lina, I don't want anything else from you... but to defend those Canadian points...

SerenaVenusNo1
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:15 AM
God knows she won't have a problem getting a visa into Canada.

JLDementieva
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM
awwwwwwww LINA!!!! :sad: :sad:

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Tennis isnt her 1st priority, it's never really been it
or else she would be playing most weeks when not injured.

Lina's got a great life outside tennis
and its about to get better :)

just about 6 weeks to go
getting married might just about be the best thing thats happened to her in a long, long time.

goldenlox
Jul 28th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I glad Lina's in love. I hope she plays tennis with the same passion -

http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/38480.jpg

iloveazza
Jul 28th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Is she the one known to be busying with off-court activities?
I mean, I don't follow too many players on the game but she seems like a good looking girl.. so just thought she may be doing some model work or stuff.

CJK
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Wow, do Russian girls marry early or what;).
She is so talented though, if she played more she might have won a title.
but thx TBE, so that's why she has been absent, this is great:).
I hope she can have a great life afterwards, hope she is not quitting the tour though.

Keith17
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:42 PM
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/6013.jpg http://duryea.org/pinky/brilliant.jpg

beauty_is_pink
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Lina!!! come on! get back on track :cool: :hug:

David Barker
Jul 28th, 2004, 05:21 PM
After French Open QF, then Wimbledon last 16 in 2001 when she was just 17, Lina has had more than her fair share of injuries - really the whole of 2002 after being seeded at the Oz Open through to beating Monica in the middle east Feb 03. Then her ranking rose again - she had a SF at Wimbledon in the doubles - beat Kim and made her first Tier 1 final - R/U US Open mixed - followed by a shoulder injury and then the liver complaint which has affected her for most of 2004.
She now has (visa permitting!!) 6 weeks of tournies - Montreal, Vancouver, Cinncinati, Forest Hills and US Open, so hopefully she will come back strong and relaxed. GOOD LUCK BBE!!

charmedRic
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Indeed, Best of luck to Lina.

Mathijs
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Come back real good Lina, i don't want to see you dropping out of the top 100 :sad: :sad:

*roddicksinme*
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:23 PM
Lina lost....going to be bad on the ranking :O

CJK
Aug 2nd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Her loss to Magee Maleeva in Montreal first round will almost guarantee a fall out of top 100 unless she reaches quarterfinal in Vancouver. Let's hope she does:(.

David Barker
Aug 2nd, 2004, 09:31 PM
She is so a Top 50 player - hope Vancouver can turn things around - 366 points lost after next week! The draw this week - Maleeva, Suarez was a good one, so vvv disappointing! Very close with Maleeva though. That in it's self is an improvement.
I thought she was going to win after 6-3 second set!

CJK
Aug 2nd, 2004, 10:56 PM
I know, I was thinking she might win too:(.
Had her opponents been Paola, she would have the fire in her to reach the 2nd round.
Against Maleeva, she is just:sad:.....well, no matter what, wish her good luck:).

*JR*
Aug 2nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
BBE's career was fucked up by this Dumb Doctor who kept giving her (cortisone?) shots for a heel injury a couple of years ago.... letting her keep playing and eventually doing some permanent damage. :(

Re. Rogers Run in '03, I've long thought (re. BBE Beating Kim) That The Blonde Belgian was both physically exhausted from playing a few straight weeks, plus mentally blitzed from all the "first Slamless #1" questions.

mboyle
Aug 3rd, 2004, 12:03 AM
Bye bye top 100:sad: .

David Barker
Aug 3rd, 2004, 06:26 AM
BBE's career was fucked up by this Dumb Doctor who kept giving her (cortisone?) shots for a heel injury a couple of years ago.... letting her keep playing and eventually doing some permanent damage. :(

Re. Rogers Run in '03, I've long thought (re. BBE Beating Kim) That The Blonde Belgian was both physically exhausted from playing a few straight weeks, plus mentally blitzed from all the "first Slamless #1" questions.

Re BBE beating Kim - Jo Durie on Eurosport said she felt Lina had really "flummoxed" Kim and thoroughly deserved the win - in short BBE was back where she belonged.