PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay joined Elite Club!

GermanBoy
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Just forgot to mention earlier: Lindsay defeated Venus and Serena back to back. There are only a few players who did that. I know Steffi (Sydney), Hingis (Australian Open) and Arantxa (Sydney).... Anyone else? :confused:

Congratulations Lindsay! :hug: :hearts:

Famu_lady
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Lindsay did not beat Venus!! So she is really not in the club. But congratulation anyway on the win.

ys
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Clijsters.

PointBlank
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:17 AM
If you do it like that..Clijsters at 02 YEC also

Jericho
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:18 AM
there's a club? :yippee:

Mattographer
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Lindsay and Kim doesn't count as they won by retired.

Aussie circuit is the only a player can defeated both in same week! :D

Stefanie Graf :D Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario :D Martina Hingis :D

alwayshingis
Jul 26th, 2004, 06:23 AM
technically it still counts as a win if she retired...if it were a w/o it wouldn't count.

GermanBoy
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:07 PM
It counts! :devil:

Frank
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Lindsay and Kim doesn't count as they won by retired.

Aussie circuit is the only a player can defeated both in same week! :D

Stefanie Graf :D Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario :D Martina Hingis :D

So if I would always retire when I'm matchpoint down I could say I never lost a match in my life? :confused: I don't think so...

Helen Lawson
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:10 PM
That's an elite club, but not as elite as being a Best Actress Oscar winner!

Paneru
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:13 PM
That's an elite club, but not as elite as being a Best Actress Oscar winner!

Got that right! :lol:

What a testiment to the Sister's that their
is a coveted club just for those who've had
the honor of defeating them back-to-back.
Umm...no matter the circumstance. ;)

Chance
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:15 PM
if there is an elite club in beating V + S - what does make Venus and Serena?

Btw I wasn't aware Venus retired match point down.....

lizchris
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
A retirement is a defeat, so Lindsay defeated both Venus and Serena at the same event.

Howeber, unless my information is incorrect, the last two to do it (Hingis and Clijsters) have not beaten them since, so that's a positive for Venus and Serena.

Julian
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Wasnt Martina the only one who beat both the Williams but still didnt win the tournament??

Anyway, congrats Lindsay!

lizchris
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Wasnt Martina the only one who beat both the Williams but still didnt win the tournament??

Anyway, congrats Lindsay!
Steffi didn't win the tournamnet when she beat the sisters.

Spunky83
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:00 PM
I don´t think you can count that as a club, just because you defeated the Williams-Sis in a row...though, yeah the idea is quite interesting.

ys
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Steffi hasn't won it either.

GermanBoy
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:07 PM
I read it somewhere, I didn`t found that "club"... :)

Stamp Paid
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I didnt know that beating two players as "finished" and "unfocused" as Venus and Serena served as a compliment.

The way some people think around here, beating them now is like beating Martina Navratilova while she was on her last leg on the tour.

mboyle
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Everyone one knows that, in order to join the club truly, you must win a matchpoint against both sisters. Kim getting 5 games off Venus DEFINATELY doesn't count in the slightest slightest bit, and, love her as I do, Lindsay also didn't truly beat Venus and Serena back to back. I know that a retirement does count in the official head to head (as long as you were leading at the time of the retirement,) but it is surely a different situation to have won matchpoints vs. both sisters consecutively.

Maajken
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:10 PM
like there are rules for this club? :lol:

beating venus or serena is no big deal anymore (not like it ever was), it's a nice thought that lindsay did beat them back to back, but that's all it is really..

lizchris
Jul 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM
like there are rules for this club? :lol:

beating venus or serena is no big deal anymore (not like it ever was), it's a nice thought that lindsay did beat them back to back, but that's all it is really..
It is a big deal when only five players have done it