PDA

View Full Version : If this is Lindsay's farewell tour, then she's going out with style!

JennyS
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:52 PM
I didn't see the match today on TV but it sounds like she really played well. I have this feeling that if Linsday has made the decision to retire, it's relaxed her. This should give her confidence going into the US Open, which she will be one of the favorites to win.

hotandspicey
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:54 PM
At this level of play, I doubt anyone can stop her!!

bandabou
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:55 PM
No, she is good...real good right now.

Bezz
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:58 PM
To have scored wins over both williams, who in recent years have had her number is a great way to wind down your career. Hopefully she can keep it go on and challenge kim (but not too much) and justine who have begun to dominate her aswell. Whatever the rest of the year holds for Lindsay she should be proud of the way she has been playing.

Garnet
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Playing this way, and winning so decisively, Lindsay will stick around for a while, I think.

*JR*
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Let me belatedly congragulate Mrs. Leach from Newport Beach for a brilliant win! (Sorry Linzi, I was busy taking out filthy stinking trash I know you want no part of as fans).

CJK
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Yes she is, she is already proving to everyboyd that she can beat the sisters. She is the last person since Nastya to beat "#1/2" players in the world in one tournament. And last person since Kim Clijsters to beat the sisters in one tournament. But if she is winning all these great tournaments, I dont think it's a good decision to quit. Maybe it's good to quit while you are ahead. But I'm sure she still has a slam in her. So please play more, Lindsay:).

davenport_1
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Let me belatedly congragulate Mrs. Leach from Newport Beach for a brilliant win! (Sorry Linzi, I was busy taking out filthy stinking trash I know you want no part of as fans).

lol?

*JR*
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:47 AM
lol?TPlayer men in black. (Though Klan Wizard Wannabe Wasn't banned... yet).

Leo_DFP
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:55 AM
davenport_1, you should know by now that Roge speaks in his own language. It is fun to decipher, I must say. ;)

If Davenport can end this year without any more serious injury troubles, this will not be her farewell tour. I can sense that she wants to keep playing, especially now that she is once again beating the toppers and consistently winning titles, but it really all depends on whether or not her body allows it. To be honest, I will breathe a sigh of relief if Davenport can finish this 3-week string of tough Californian tournaments without physical problems. She's 2/3 of the way there. But with her knee occassionally acting up, you never know what could happen, especially on a surface like this which is so hard on the body.

Stay healthy, Lindsay, and you will accomplish much more in your career. :kiss: