PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

tennisIlove09
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:23 PM
...that players the sisters completely owned are now beating them again.

Serena owned Capriati (although the matches were always close), but Capriati scores two wins over Serena this season.

Venus owned Davenport the last few years, but Davenport scores one tough victory, one walkover win, over Venus this season.

Serena completely dominates Davenport 9-2 in H2H, but Davenport dismantles Serena this season.

Interesting...:o

foreva lindsay
Jul 25th, 2004, 10:25 PM
its fantastic too, well lindsays wins are ;)

▀coene
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:35 PM
When Serena and Venus reach their best level again it's possible that they can turn it around again, but it won't be easy because the players they lost to have more confidence against them then before.

I'm affraid it could happen to Justine and Kim too when they come back. It's normal I guess that you aren't playing your best level right away after a comeback or when you're struggling with injuries.

tenn_ace
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:37 PM
It's normal I guess that you aren't playing your best level right away after a comeback or when you're struggling with injuries.

it's been what 7 months for Venus and 5 months for Serena... should be enough time especially for Venus.

chris/martina
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:39 PM
A slight problem that has always annoyed me!! Serena and venus don't play enough on the tour. You have to be there to be consistent. In 2002 we saw serena show consistencey but as soon as she did the non-caleneder year slam she slowed down and scraped wimbledon. Venus switched of ages ago for me. As soon as she lost the wimbledon final in 2002 the forst time she went into a trance.

hotandspicey
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:51 PM
They made everyone raise the level of their game, and now the tables seem to be turning.Most seem to have caught up with them. Sad, but true. If they remain at that level they are on right now, most will pass them. They have got to get back in dominating form.Or perhaps they don't want to. I'm all confused. Serena totally disappointed me today!!!!!!!

bandabou
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Hmmm.......I think this is like when Lindsay came back and started to lose to Kim, Justine, etc...just a fase I guess.

hotandspicey
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Hmmm.......I think this is like when Lindsay came back and started to lose to Kim, Justine, etc...just a fase I guess. Just hope Serena's phase doesn't last too long!!!!! ;)

bandabou
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Just hope Serena's phase doesn't last too long!!!!! ;)

:lol: phase...