PDA

View Full Version : Easy Win For Mary!!!!

Declan
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Mary just defeated Claudine Schaul 6-4 6-2 in the first round of the Acura Classic!!! Great score, huh?!!! WELL PLAYED, MARY!!!

Andy.
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:25 PM
congratulations on a great win good luck in the next round

m_pierce fan
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Mary played well...well done girl!!

Scotso
Jul 25th, 2004, 09:38 PM
well done Mary! :D

Mark Spruce
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Hey great result !!!!!!!

I did not know that they would play on a sunday

Mark

p.s MARY YOU ARE THE QUEEN !!!!!!!

Declan
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Just read a quote from Mary on British Teletext saying she was pleased to play so well and that she didn't mind who she played in the next round!

Declan
Jul 26th, 2004, 05:37 AM
I've just read that the Tournament Director has said Venus won't have to play her first round match until Tuesday which means Mary has to wait around until Wednesday to play her second round match assuming Venus wins - that seems a long wait. Still, there's the doubles to keep her on the boil...

bennywu
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Pierce wins easily in Acura Classic

7/25/04 11:27 PM

CARLSBAD, Calif. (AP) _ Mary Pierce played solidly en route to a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Claudine Schaul in the first round of the Acura Classic on Sunday.

Pierce, the former French Open champion, had little trouble in winning the matchup of unseeded players.

``I was very happy winning my first match,'' she said. ``Those are always the toughest, in terms of getting into it and getting accustomed to the environment.''

Pierce may not have much time to get accustomed to the surroundings of the La Costa Resort & Spa. She is scheduled to play the winner of the Venus Williams-Gisela Dulko match, if Williams is still playing.

There was no word on Williams' status to play here after she sprained her right wrist Saturday, forcing her to withdraw from a semifinal match against Lindsay Davenport in the WTA event at Carson.

Williams was advised by a WTA doctor Saturday to rest the wrist and have it re-evaluated Monday.

Acura tournament spokesman Harvey Bolgla said that Williams' first match would have to be played no later than Tuesday. Williams, who finished last season ranked out of the top 10 because she didn't play on the WTA Tour from last July to January with an abdominal muscle injury, loses her injury-protected ranking beginning Monday and is seeded 11th here.

Only two seeded players saw action, including No. 16 seed Silvia Farina Elia of Italy, who was upset by Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic 6-2, 6-4. Ninth-seeded Paola Suarez of Argentina was a 6-1, 6-3 winner over Hungary's Aniko Kapros.

Pierce said it didn't matter whether she played Williams.

``I don't put any expectations on myself,'' she said. ``I would love to win this tournament. I still feel that I'm not exactly where I need to be to be giving myself the chance to beat the top girls and competing against them.''

http://www.tennis.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=84856&itype=1189&icategoryid=286

m_pierce fan
Jul 26th, 2004, 07:47 AM
maam is still working on her form....her movement was better 2day though....i think her serve was the key matter in this match...she has to able to serve like that against Vee...if she is going to play...

Great work Mary!

Tompier
Jul 26th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Good to hear she's in shape :bounce:

Mark Spruce
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Glad to hear Mary is serving and is in shape ypeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yes that is a long wait to possibly play Venus or whom ever.

But who ever it is LOL Mary is going to win !!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

Andy.
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:36 PM
i have a strong feeling Mary can do well and cause damage in this tournament. Go Mary

LostGlory
Jul 26th, 2004, 02:46 PM
She is playing doubles today with Mauresmo, I think they are practising for the olympics......Good Luck Mary and Amelie

JMC
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:35 AM
i have a strong feeling Mary can do well and cause damage in this tournament. Go Mary

......Exactly what i feel :devil: !!!

Let's wait and see.Anyway, the fact with this great champion, is that she is complete and so talented ! Her best enemy is only....herself :sad: .
I mean, what could be a problem :confused: for her could be an advantage too ! :) You never know with her, each match could be the One ! So in this tournament, like others everything is possible. :p

With Mary it's a thriller each time !!!!! Go GO GO MARY you are simply the BEST :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

mamno_MARYFAN
Jul 27th, 2004, 08:42 AM
yes...great win for Mary!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

I'm glad that she sounded relaxed after her match and about the prospect of meeting Venus Williams....that's the key...when Mary's relaxed and enjoys playing...her shots will flow like crazy...Venus will have a hard time!!!:lol:

Mary...enjoy urself and stay positive!!!!:hearts:

Go Mary!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: