Mandula
Frazier

Molik
Pratt

Bye
Mauresmo

Potential semi final clash with lindsay davenport

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Henin, Clijster, Capriati pulled out....I hope she makes it this time...William sister are gonna be there and Davenport as well so ......Sharaprova is going to be there as well

Ekkekko
Jul 24th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Good luck Momo!

LostGlory
Jul 24th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Hands and heart crossed.....she can get 2nd world ranking by winning here....that would be closer to her aim of becoming world number 1....

flyingmachine
Jul 25th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Good Luck Momo. :hearts: :worship: I think she has a very good chance of winning it.

Mariangelina
Jul 25th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Me too. :hearts: It should be an awfully interesting tournament- Masha and Venus are projected to meet in the third round! :eek: That seems wrong! Allez Amélie! :inlove:

cro-girl
Jul 25th, 2004, 02:56 PM
The draw looks good. :banana:

I think she has a resonable chance for victory.:woohoo:
That 2nd place would be fabulous.:rocker:

LostGlory
Jul 25th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Me too. :hearts: It should be an awfully interesting tournament- Masha and Venus are projected to meet in the third round! :eek: That seems wrong! Allez Amélie! :inlove:

I think Venus might pull out after yesterday's semis at the JPMORGAN in LA....which is an extra bonus to Momo many might think butr inmy opinionMomo plays much better against strong payers ....she hates easy matches....he draw might change again before the acura kicks of....lets keep our fingrs crossed....

-Em-
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Momo and Mary are playing the doubles t'day (soem good practice b4 the olympics :yeah: ). They're taking on Asagoe and Sugiyama. it might be a tough one...but anyway...

GOOD LUCK GIRLS!!!

Caoimhe
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:22 PM
She'll Be Grand, She Can Do It.

LostGlory
Jul 26th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I was just checking the Draw , she has some tough matches in singles and doubles....which is better, because she always does better in tough matches....but I think this is gonna be a very tough tournament although world number one and two are not playing, The williamses are hungry to win and restore their unbeatable image....hungry enough that they both signed up for this tournament....Davenport is in top notch form after beating Both williamses in as many weeks which, gave her a great confidence boost...Sharaprova and Myskina are out to prove that they didn't win Grand slams by a chance....and our Momo is playing on one of her favourite surfaces I might add, yet under pressure of being one of the most talented tennis players ever, who is not able to reach her potential....which makes it really hard to predict what will happen...I just hope MoMo stays injury free....especially with the olympics and the US open so close, I think she makes a good doubles team with Pierce......

Mariangelina
Jul 26th, 2004, 01:49 PM
She's playing DOUBLES? Yay! :bounce: I love it when she does that, and yeah, she and Mary make a great team! :hearts: Allez Les Filles!

-Em-
Jul 27th, 2004, 12:48 AM
hey, Momo and Mary won their doubles match!!! Well done girls :yeah:

Ekkekko
Jul 27th, 2004, 05:37 AM
I was virtually leaping in the air as soon as the last point was won. Well Done Momo and Mary.

LostGlory
Jul 27th, 2004, 06:01 AM
I was virtually leaping in the air as soon as the last point was won. Well Done Momo and Mary.

yes, great to see them win....they will play again today on court 11 against danidilou and huber...

LostGlory
Jul 28th, 2004, 07:53 AM
yes, great to see them win....they will play again today on court 11 against danidilou and huber...

they lost their doubles game today in 3 sets.....hope they do better next week at the Roger's cup....

Mariangelina
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:44 AM
:sad: On the bright side- they showed some heart. Eleni Dani and Liezel had triple match point up 7-6 5-2, but our girls came back and forced a third set. Sadly, that third set didn't go so well. :sad: But they ought to keep improving, and I look forward to seeing them at the Rogers Cup. :D

LostGlory
Jul 28th, 2004, 09:47 AM
:sad: On the bright side- they showed some heart. Eleni Dani and Liezel had triple match point up 7-6 5-2, but our girls came back and forced a third set. Sadly, that third set didn't go so well. :sad: But they ought to keep improving, and I look forward to seeing them at the Rogers Cup. :D

Which tv channel are u watching the matches on? here in Europe ...only eurosport will broadcast but from the quarter finals and on....so we will loose alot of good matches.....

-Em-
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Stadium Court - 10 a.m.

Iveta BENESOVA vs Conchita MARTINEZ

Daniela HANTUCHOVA vs Svetlana KUZNETSOVA

Alicia MOLIK vs Amelie MAURESMO :D

Gisela DULKO vs Mary PIERCE

Hope she has some more luck in singles than in doubles...ALLEZ AMELIE!!!!! KICK SOME ASS!!!!!

foreva lindsay
Jul 28th, 2004, 01:35 PM
good luck momo, you can beat alicia

LostGlory
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I 2nd that....Good luck Momo....Alicia weapon is a great service ... but I think Momo can match that with alot more.....

Frank
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Well, she just lost in three sets...

geeklet
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:11 PM
I'm totally depressed. What the heck happened out there? :(

-Em-
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:11 PM
ok, seems acura finished pretty soon for Momo this year...damn, i still can't believe that 5-7, 6-3, 3-6...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

foreva lindsay
Jul 28th, 2004, 10:40 PM
i'm :eek:!!!! amelie what happened?

LostGlory
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:54 AM
I knew that service was gonna be harmful but not even in my wildest dreams i thought it was gonna be this harmful..... :eek: I am utterly devestated....at least she will be in Canada next week....lets hope she can repeat her victory in 2002....Domage Amelie.... :confused: She is so unlucky...I mean Molik played the game of her life and it had to be against Amelie.....I know for sure she is the most unlucky player on the tour.....but then some may say we make our luck.... :sad:

-Em-
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Molik=trouble for Amelie ;). First Momo gets injured playing against her in Australia, now she gets knoecked out from acura...:rolleyes:

cro-girl
Jul 29th, 2004, 10:55 AM
This just proves that Ame plays better when she has a difficult draw. I don't know what happens...it looks like she loosens up too much when she plays someone who isn't a top player and she ends up shocking us all.

But I'm sure she'll get that 2nd world ranking any time soon. US Open is comming soon, and she has always played good there.

LostGlory
Jul 29th, 2004, 11:15 AM
This just proves that Ame plays better when she has a difficult draw. I don't know what happens...it looks like she loosens up too much when she plays someone who isn't a top player and she ends up shocking us all.

But I'm sure she'll get that 2nd world ranking any time soon. US Open is comming soon, and she has always played good there.

FORGET RANKING......WITH DAVENPORT IN SHAPE....THE WILLIAMS FIHTING TO REGAIN IMAGE AND CLIJSTER AND HENIN BACK ON THE TOUR NEXT WEEK...AND OF COURSE ALL THE RUSSIANS IN THE TOP 20 NOW, EACH TRYING TO BE THE BEST RANKED RUSSIAN.....I DONT KNOW I WAS HOPING SHE'LL PLAY GOOD HERE AND AT ROGERS, BEFORE THE BELGIANS STRIKE AGAIN.....

Mariangelina
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Oh yes I can. I'm not getting the Acura Classic either, and I was looking forward to the Rogers Cup, but I just HAVE to be in the US the one week of the year there's a tournament in Canada! :fiery:

And your question, Josefina- obviously it has to hurt, but Amélie has always had the occasional aberrant bad match, and she usually rebounds pretty quickly. It would be different if it were a Slam, but I'm not sure the Acura Classic means much to her in the grand scheme of things. It's probably better for her to get right back on her feet and just try to play better next week- and the #1 ranking is VERY much within her reach these next few months. If she wins the US Open she probably has it.

And i think she and Mary have tons of potential as a team. They don't play doubles that much, and defeated two great doubles players easily in the first round. They'll keep getting better. :D

This result is really too bad, but I think she'll be right back in the swing of things soon. :D And congratulations to Alicia. :D

alexia
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Jo!
I'm Amelie's fan since Australien Open 1999. First, I was impressed how she play tennis. After I realised how good person she is. I didn't know she has lost her father-it must hurt her a lot! But, this loss in Acura is one of many in her career and she'll get it over soon. The problem is not in this loss, but in the thing that she can defeat anybody, even top players, that's the fact that she has to keep on mind. And to have great passion for wining!
I don't like to see her losing (like all of us at this forum), but I hope she'll be at the top and win big tournaments. Till then I hope that everyone of you will share news and photos of her with us.
Thanks everyone who put old interviews and photos of Amelie at this forum,
Alexia.

genie
Jul 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM
i want to say, firstly i think amelie will be hurt by this loss, but i think it may give her the kick she needs to better her tennis. what i am trying to say is that she knows she's really really good but someitimes you can tke that for guarantee and with molik she was not as highly ranked as that maybe it got to ame's head a little and she steeped her tennis down a bit. secondly amelie has had a pretty rogugh time on the tour with comments and intrusion into her private life. if anything i think its made her stronger, she's such a well rounded person so cool, but i think if sometimes she played her tennis with her strengths and instinct she could do much better, i personally don't think she has YET played the tennis of her life. look at davenport, she is thinking of retiring from the wta tour and look how it is afffectiong her tennis, she's relaxed and winning, take for e.g. her win last week in JP morgan, she was relaxed even against serena williams. i think amelie should just calm down, god i think she has soooooo many people behind her and her potential has not still been shown.

EVERYTIME SHE LOSES MY HEART SINKS

GOOD LUCK IN ROGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX